Aux. Gen Set

KevinN

I would like to buy an aux. ac power generating set for home standby use.

David, The day before he got in the <deleted>, told me he would find out about the prices of them.

And he told me there was a shop that sold them that he went by daily,it was on the corner of the super hyway and some other road, he just said up on the corner of the super, Does anyone know where it or another shop that sells them is located as I will be coming up to CM monday next.

Educated lucky guess: Corner of Superhighway and Chotana (Mae Rim) road. (Khuang Singh Intersection). When on the Superhighway driving towards Doi Suthep, it's on the left side at the corner. Big shop selling all kinds of machinery and tools.

Even if they don't have it they will likely know where you can get something like that. It will NOT be cheap though.. especially not if power needs to be nice and stable, like for computer use.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Thanks CHANCHAO, It will be to run deep freeze ,reefers and fans and a sump pump in case of an extended power outage during heavy rains or anytime of outages really,some here are quite long.

And if I did need stable power to run anything I sure couldn't do it off THAI EA power, I run the meter on it for awhile and it runs between 180 to 240 V.continuously variable,kinda reminds me of the output of a power supply on a automatic wire welder..CV.

This juice is very hard on UPS for the puters also,anywhere from 18 months to 2 years is about normal lifespan that I have got. :o

Educated lucky guess: Corner of Superhighway and Chotana (Mae Rim) road. (Khuang Singh Intersection). When on the Superhighway driving towards Doi Suthep, it's on the left side at the corner.  Big shop selling all kinds of machinery and tools.

Even if they don't have it they will likely know where you can get something like that.  It will NOT be cheap though.. especially not if power needs to be nice and stable, like for computer use.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Yeah, I think that place at SE corner of Chotana and the Super (are they going over, or under??) is a great resource. And they seem used to dealing with farangs, too. Most helpfull if they think you are serious.

One important consideration when considering any mechanical or elictrical device here...Chinese-made, or 'Other' (Western, Jap-Asian, mostly)...I just bought a 2 hp self-priming water pump from

them...Chinesemade=9,000baht

Italian=20,000..... Which would you choose? :o

Oh, and the main Honda Motorcycle dealerships sell Honda generators, too.

AJ. Thanks I surely will stop there, and I have 2 pumps,one chinese and one thai,,I would rather have chinese than Italian.

Ya know,right after the war #2, I bought cheap,an italian made military rifle,,guarenteed never fired and only dropped once.55555 :o

AJ. Thanks I surely will stop there, and I have 2 pumps,one chinese and one thai,,I would rather have chinese than Italian.

Ya know,right after the war #2, I bought cheap,an italian made military rifle,,guarenteed never fired and only dropped once.55555 :o

When I heard that joke the first time, it was a French rifle :D

I would like to buy an aux. ac power generating set for home standby use.

David, The day before he got in the <deleted>, told me he would find out about the prices of them.

And he told me there was a shop that sold them that he went by daily,it was on the corner of the super hyway and some other road, he just said up on the corner of the super, Does anyone know where it or another shop that sells them is located as I will be coming up to CM monday next.

http://www.generac-portables.com/generator...andby_power.cfm

Hey Kev, the above link will give you some tips on buying a home standby generator, I'm sure the product mentioned here is not available in LOS but will give you some tips before you spend your Baht.

GOAT; I am very up on portable gen sets, as I have had homes that were solar low voltage and also used ac voltage from solar and alternative sources, one place I lived in in Mexico was 3 story,8 bedroom and we had to gen our own power,had a big HONDA 6.5 KW set that was great,but to spendy for me now that I have to live on a pension, so a 3 KW would do me,just to run sump pump if it trying to flood my house, and deep freeze if the power is off to long.

:o

I came,I saw, I conquered.

Thanks to all of you for the info provided,as it was accurate and I found the place without any trouble,bought a gen set even bigger than I had thought at a very good price and saw some stuff that I just can't live without, I will be back to buy more plunder.

Thanks again. :o

I came,I saw, I conquered.

Thanks to all of you for the info provided,as it was accurate and I found the place without any trouble,bought a gen set even bigger than I had thought at a very good price and saw some stuff that I just can't live without, I will be back to buy more plunder. 

Thanks again. :o

Great! I love happy endings! :D

That shop is a great place to explore. I even found an imported pasta maker there, sitting next to the 30amp battery charger I also bought. A definite Toy Shop for Men- except for the pasta maker, perhaps... :D .

Anyone need a barely used heavy-duty drill set, cheap? :D