Foreigner Allegedly Beaten and Left on Walking Street

webfact

Foreigner Allegedly Beaten and Left on Walking Street

By Digital Admin -

foreigner-beaten-walking-st-1.jpg?fit=72

PATTAYA: -- At 3am, on the morning of December 22, Pattaya police were informed of an unconscious man in front of the Reggae & Soul Bar in Walking Street, Pattaya.

At the scene a group of tourists had gathered around a European looking man who had head & face wounds and bruises to his face and body. Medics took the unconscious man to the hospital for treatment.

Witnesses at the bar that a group of Thai men working there had attacked the man but did not know why. They reported frightening scenes and tourists scattered and ran in all directions.

Officers say they will investigate the incident and are concerned for the good image of Thailand.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/foreigner-allegedly-beaten-left-walking-street/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-22

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Was he unconscious from the alleged beating or from the consumption of alcohol?

Did you read it? " Witnesses at the bar that a group of Thai men working there had attacked the man but did not know why. They reported frightening scenes and tourists scattered and ran in all directions.

Ahh! he tripped on a bar chair , then bumped his head into the bar corner, then when he stood up his head got caught in a lamp holder without a bulb and his head got electrocuted. After that he did not notice anything more......

Edited by AlQaholic

2 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

This is not just  wounds and bruises , it looks like brutal attack and attempted murder of a foreigner. :shock1:

I hope international new agencies will show this the world what is going on in Walking street ?

Given the overall reason why this street exits and the many recent incidents of violence, how come there is no permanent police presence?

Edited by scorecard

Multiple off topic posts and replies have been removed, we are discussing a beating not mathematics.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

50 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Was he unconscious from the alleged beating or from the consumption of alcohol?

I didn't know that drinking alcohol also gives you bruising on the face as well as head and face wounds. Maybe I'm not drinking enough?

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Given the overall reason why this street exits and the many recent incidents of violence, how come there is no permanent police presence?

A colosseum of sorts I guess. It eventually sorts itself out so why should the BIB get their uniform soiled. Now walking around in a soiled uniform would really project a bad image of the country. 

I'm in Pattaya at present and it's the slowest high season I've ever seen. If scenes like the one in the opening post start getting distributed in the press of the civilised world it can only have a detrimental effect on future tourism.

At one time such crimes were expected in places like Brazil but these day it's getting all too common in the LOS. I'm elderly and have never had a problem with Thai men but in recent years I'm getting rather nervous when in their vicinity. That was never the case years ago.

1 minute ago, hobobo said:

I didn't know that drinking alcohol also gives you bruising on the face as well as head and face wounds. Maybe I'm not drinking enough?

You're drinking the wrong booze. Have a go at the Loucou. It's strange that the Thai lovers have not blamed that yet.

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

There is. They all sit round the police van at the entrance to WS. They leave the actual policing to the doormen.

OK, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but people shouldn't be surprised that this sort of thing can happen on Pattaya's walking street at 3 am.  By no means am I stating or implying that this poor guy deserved what happened to him, but he was engaging in risky behavior and sometimes there are unfair consequences.

Alcohol + Pattaya's walking street+3 am= the potential for a bad outcome.  

People do it because it's not available in their countries and they want to have fun.  But,  there's a reason it's not available in their counties:  It's very often not safe.