Foreigner Allegedly Beaten and Left on Walking Street

webfact

3 hours ago, katana said:

Pattaya one has a follow up on the story:
Walking Street attackers claim beaten tourist groped girlfriend first
The foreign tourist who was beaten unconscious by a group of Thai men in Walking Street last night has been identified as twenty-two year old Norwegian Mr Ole Magnus Brathen.
At 5pm, on December 22, Pattaya police arrested twenty-year old Mr Ekasit (Boy) Waitee who works as a waiter at the Reggae & Soul Bar on Walking Street.

Beaten_Foreigner_Groped_Girlfriend_First
Photo of the 3 grinning attackers

Continued http://pattayaone.news/en/walking-street-attackers-claim-beaten-tourist-groped-girlfriend-first/

OK...so it is said the Foreigner was groping ....Groping can be bad for ones health...in this case groping was really bad for that particular foreigners health

No more groping..... while the government should inform all foreigners about the terms and conditions concerning groping and where not to grope and where groping is allowable with large signs posted everywhere informing people this is a "No Groping Zone" or "No Groping Tolerated Establishments".....with Go Go Bars being the exception...lol

Preventive measures always help.

Cheers

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/12/2016 at 11:33 AM, pegman said:

2 of the guys doing the beat down were Philipino so likely Christian. Is this how Christians behave?

If this is the case then I should be excuse for my comment without full knowledge of what went on. Anyway would you excuse me, for I have to go on bashing PM Chan 0 Cha.

Nevertheless I really want to write to The Nation paper in Bangkok asking why were the Farangs being beaten so severely in many cases.

In my letter to The Nation (thai english newspaper) I hope the ministry of foreign affairs will forward my letter to the PM so that he could see for himself the state of affairs in his charge. If he is a good Buddhist he would have compassion and not turn his face away or quote statistic shows that with increasing numbers of tourists this is bound to happen, for this utter rubbish.

19 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

OK, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but people shouldn't be surprised that this sort of thing can happen on Pattaya's walking street at 3 am.  By no means am I stating or implying that this poor guy deserved what happened to him, but he was engaging in risky behavior and sometimes there are unfair consequences.

Alcohol + Pattaya's walking street+3 am= the potential for a bad outcome.  

People do it because it's not available in their countries and they want to have fun.  But,  there's a reason it's not available in their counties:  It's very often not safe.

I think you got the formula right leaving out only stupidity.

34 minutes ago, sandemara said:

I'm amazed at the difference in the amount of victim-blaming in comments about news of assaults on men and women. How can this be explained? (and I mean logically).

I think that if you are not street wise in Thailand you will suffer in some way . If you are not aware of the Thai culture you will suffer in some way . If you are a newbie tourist  it's good odds that you will be ripped off . Many tourists assume that they will get the same level of protection from the law that they enjoy from their homeland .  When things get serious they can always rely on their embassies :shock1:

This is almost a lawless state with little law enforcement . It is a regular occurrence for a farang to get badly beaten up by a bunch of Thais who have no concern for the damage they do to their victim , live or die .

As previously quoted , if there is an argument over a bar bill the customer will always lose . Its all about the severity of his punishment . I think there should be a safety induction for all tourists coming to Thailand . Might save a few lives .

8 minutes ago, superal said:

I think there should be a safety induction for all tourists coming to Thailand . Might save a few lives .

Thanks, superAl. Maybe a new tourism promo for TAT; "Thailand, a walk in a wildlife park" (customers enter at their own risk, authorities take no responsibility for consequences).

So the young viking was heavily drunk and wanted to have some fun in Pattaya.  Sin city his friends told him , you can do anything with girls here , they are all up for it, .

Lesson learned the hard way . Maybe he deserved it , maybe not.  

On 12/23/2016 at 1:37 PM, Get Real said:

The smiling people on the photo after a serious thing like this, must definitely be something that doesn't hurt the image of the country. How can they be allowed to smile on that photo? Shameful!

Ahem! :-  "doesn't" hurt the image of the country. Is that a typo or a touch of sarcasm?

Just because it was 3 AM and on Walking Street doesn't mean he was drunk and/or didn't pay his bar tab. Perhaps as the saying goes, he got what he deserved. I was in a "massage parlor" recently and the AC didn't work. I refused to pay for the "VIP Room" since said AC didn't work. They said I had to pay or would be beaten up by the moto guys out front. I didn't pay, and they didn't beat me up. So the point remains, it's not always drunken people who get beat up and not always a simple matter of not paying the bill presented. Merry Christmas.

3 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Just because it was 3 AM and on Walking Street doesn't mean he was drunk and/or didn't pay his bar tab. Perhaps as the saying goes, he got what he deserved. I was in a "massage parlor" recently and the AC didn't work. I refused to pay for the "VIP Room" since said AC didn't work. They said I had to pay or would be beaten up by the moto guys out front. I didn't pay, and they didn't beat me up. So the point remains, it's not always drunken people who get beat up and not always a simple matter of not paying the bill presented. Merry Christmas.

Sometimes they wait for a more appropriate time with no witnesses about. Or maybe you are a fit, former rugby player who they wouldn't want to mess with.

On 12/22/2016 at 3:00 PM, jonesthebaker said:

so was he bruised and bleeding from alcohol or the beating. 

Obviously, from the alcohol.

A time tested old drink served after 3am on the seaside paradise called Walking Street: "a gang kick to the head"

It seems to be a bit expensive but quite popular with the uninitiated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2016 at 2:54 PM, webfact said:

Officers say they will investigate the incident and are concerned for the good image of Thailand.

good image??? where???

unconscious man

"unconscious" ?? he is only lying down with head and face wounds in a pool of blood! not a big deal!

Foreigner Allegedly Beaten and Left on Walking Street

"allegedly" beaten??

who writes these???

On 12/22/2016 at 4:45 PM, Borzandy said:

Yes, allegedly beaten. Because could be a suicide tentative.

Allegedly beaten...right!...you mean he caused a fight in a crowded bar in front of tens of witnesses and got beaten up to a bloody pulp by three thugs with the intention to commit suicide? very bright!

Archived