Police name victim found floating in the sea off Koh Larn last week - he's American

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Yesterday, I spoke to a diving instructor about  the possibility of the diver's injuries being accidental. He had discussed the matter with his peers, and they could not envision any scenario that would eliminate foul play as the cause of death.

CSI: TVF long ago eliminated the possibility of suicide. Good thing the police are also working on the murder theory, eh.

I would think suicide could be ruled out very easily here if it were not the case. I think this would be investigated as murder in the west and suicide would not have been mentioned unless there were good evidence at the scene pointing to it.  How far will they go to prove suicide?   Sad.     RIP

6 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I would think suicide could be ruled out very easily here if it were not the case.

So they probably already have easily.

I think this would be investigated as murder in the west and suicide would not have been mentioned unless there were good evidence at the scene pointing to it.

It's being investigated as a murder here. Police in the west probably wouldn't have commented on any cause of death. This ain't the west, and the media wants to know and of course so does TVF. Further, as has often been observed, suicide is in fact cause of death in a remarkably high percentage of farang deaths here.

How far will they go to prove suicide?   Sad.     RIP

As far as seems warranted, nothing sad about that, only the death.

28 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

So they probably already have easily.

It's being investigated as a murder here. Police in the west probably wouldn't have commented on any cause of death. This ain't the west, and the media wants to know and of course so does TVF. Further, as has often been observed, suicide is in fact cause of death in a remarkably high percentage of farang deaths here.

As far as seems warranted, nothing sad about that, only the death.

I don't know where in the west you are from but in the US these things are reported fast and they usually investigate for murder day one, and wouldn't mention suicide until quite sure as to not hurt the family in the event they were wrong. Yes we are not in the west and I think most posters tend to compare the useless investigation skills, and/or cover ups here to the west. Just because I live here doesn't mean I can't criticize the system here, I hope.

21 hours ago, Get Real said:

First his throat was cut, now there was a wound to his neck. If his throat was cut I can understand the theory about possible suicide, but I´ve never head someone making suicide by cutting their neck.

According to the "international journal of forensic and legal medicine" in all cutting style suicides.... 34% are to the neck.

<deleted> that

15 hours ago, pattayahenry said:

just an idea-
he got problems with a speedboat- showed his middlefinger, then the boat almost killed him, he fired his harpoone, almost killed the boat driver, then the boatdriver slashed his throat, in my view the most likely happening,

Are you a screen writer? All the best in making the movie.

It seems some of you still not buying suicide didn't read the two posts from an acquaintance who mentioned things that point to suicide.     

If it was suicide he did it so as not to make a mess or damage others property.   Tied himself up So there would be closure.  This acquaintance also said a 

Knife was found at scene. 

It easy to snorkel 500 m from shore.   His other choice was to take a dive boat but that has a negative impact on so many.  Do if suicide he did it with respect to others.     

RIP.

Howeve maybe he intruded on someone else's fishing spot.   These things are valued places.    

I think it's spear fishing.   Harpoons are used for whales.   Spear gun spears for guns or Hawaiian slings are not that sharp as a cutting instrument.  Mainly to go in and hold the fish with barbs.   I thought it said his neck was slashed not gashed? 

On 2016-12-24 at 5:12 AM, farcanell said:

According to the "international journal of forensic and legal medicine" in all cutting style suicides.... 34% are to the neck.

<deleted> that

Ok, didn´t know that. Never heard of it. Thanks, for the correction.

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/12/2016 at 7:31 AM, taichiplanet said:

or a stingray got him!

So he tied himself to a post and a stingray got him.

He was found last week and police would like to talk to his wife, where is she? Ah out on a shopping spree.

Police have not ruled out murder.

But I guess they would much prefer suicide

• 4 months later...

A post has been removed, read the rules before you post further please in particular this one:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Archived