Top ten promising businesses for 2017

webfact

Top ten promising businesses for 2017

2212011.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Medical and beauty care services retains the No 1 promising business for the sixth consecutive year, scoring 94.1 out of a total of 100 points, said Mr Wachira Khunthaveethep, assistant director of the Centre of Economic and Business forecast of University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, disclosed on Thursday.

Citing a research of the top ten businesses for 2017 based on sale, cost, net profit, popularity and the capability to respond to risks, he said that medical and beauty care services in Thailand are popular for both Thais and foreigners alike because they are reasonably priced and of high quality.

The next promising business is cosmetics and skin care, scoring 92.2 out of a total of 100, reflecting the increasing trend of people in taking care of their skin.

The rest of the ten top promising business enterprises for 2017 are E-commerce, tourism and information technology and communications, construction materials and subcontracting, transport and logistics, financial business such as fin-tech and online banking, modern trade, insurance, events organizing, repairs of electronic products, education and consultancy.

Wachira noted that the top ten businesses were in line with four mega global trends which include digital economy which gives rise to E-commerce and fin-tech, urbanization which has impact on the behavior of consumers, ageing society and the Green awareness.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/top-ten-promising-businesses-2017/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-23

1 hour ago, trogers said:

What happened to the former ranking business seen in Pattaya and Nana?

The article refers to a Taxable business only, there're many more so called

'business ' that are turning hug profits but they're not on the taxman books,

such as prostitution, drug running, human trafficking, slave labor and many

many other, and oh yeah not to mention grafts and bribes.....

8 hours ago, webfact said:

subcontracting,

I think I have found the category under which the bar girls operate. How could the beauty business out rank them? I guess the surveyors did not partake of the fruits of the girls labors to establish where they were on the business popularity list. Prudes in paradise I guess. 

Just now, williamgeorgeallen said:

probably a bit conservative in thailand for that.

It will come someday. There have already been high level government conversations about it. Thailand won't be the first in Asean to legalize it, but won't be the last either, and of course some countries are a NEVER (Malaysia, Indonesia. etc.). 

32 minutes ago, Redline said:

I know many people in the beauty product business, and they have moved on do to over saturation.  Another bunk article

they are probably selling or offering the same service as everyone else...there is still big room to grow for Thailands beauty product business, the trend just started 5 years ago. 

On 12/23/2016 at 2:43 PM, mike324 said:

they are probably selling or offering the same service as everyone else...there is still big room to grow for Thailands beauty product business, the trend just started 5 years ago. 

I suppose, but the marketing and product will need to be superior.  I know many people that sell the top Thai brands internationally.  It's also imperative that you have celebrity endorsements, my wife is a broker for these endorsements, and her friends own many of the most popular brands.  It's not impossible, but it is not as easy as before, and it is becoming more expensive to launch.

20 hours ago, Redline said:

I suppose, but the marketing and product will need to be superior.  I know many people that sell the top Thai brands internationally.  It's also imperative that you have celebrity endorsements, my wife is a broker for these endorsements, and her friends own many of the most popular brands.  It's not impossible, but it is not as easy as before, and it is becoming more expensive to launch.

True it is becoming competitive, and you are right about celebrity endorsements. Marketing is important in this digital age, it can be cheap and expensive depending how you look at it and how savy you are with social media. I have a friend who sells and distributes contact lenses from Korea, she pays celebrities tens and thousands just to post picture of her products on their page, and use their picture for marketing purposes.

Could you PM me your wifes contact, perhaps I will have use later or can pass it off to friends who may want the service.

Archived