Bus of 40 students crashes with Pajero driven by British resident

webfact

Bus of 40 students crashes with Pajero driven by British resident

By Digital Admin -

bus-crashes-pajero-sport-british-nationa

PATTAYA: -- At 11am, on the morning of December 22, Pattaya police received reports of an accident involving a school coach and a car driven by a British expat.

At Baan Nongpungkae, Sukhumvit Road, the coach had front-end damage whilst a black Mitsubishi Pajero, driven by sixty-one year old Brit Mr John Dorake, was heavily damaged on the right-hand side.

Mr Chamnan Tipkaew, a forty-five year old coach driver said he was taking forty students from the local Personnel Development Institution to the Yannasangwararam Temple in Bangkok when the Pajero pulled out from a side soi and across his path.

Fortunately nobody has been seriously injured.

Report shared by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/bus-40-students-crashes-pajero-driven-british-resident/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-23

Yes quite a lot of foreigners take on Thai driving habits and its quite clear the Brit was in the wrong here. Thankfully nobody is injured and I am sure he is insured. Just a fine and the rest is an insurance thing. I hope that the guy learned from his experience. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

its quite clear the Brit was in the wrong here. 

That's if you are absolutely confident that the thai driver it's telling the truth...as thais never lies or do anythings wrong, right???  :partytime2:

Too often i have seen drivers going from one lane to another, at speed and without using their indicators, they couldn't care less about road's rules or safety whatsoever, it's an almost daily issue (only when i am out driving, never a problem when i stay at home, i got to be honest on this), that i see with my own eyes.

6 hours ago, Searat7 said:

They walk out of buildings into sidewalk traffic without stopping or looking too. 

haha! yes they do!

i spend a lot of time in london and HK, both very busy cities but i rarely bump into anyone or vice versa. i arrive in bangkok and people are walking into me, stepping in front of me or just stopping (especially at the top of steps or escalators...) all the time. perhaps i become invisible when i step off the plane...

57 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

That's if you are absolutely confident that the thai driver it's telling the truth...as thais never lies or do anythings wrong, right???  :partytime2:

Too often i have seen drivers going from one lane to another, at speed and without using their indicators, they couldn't care less about road's rules or safety whatsoever, it's an almost daily issue (only when i am out driving, never a problem when i stay at home, i got to be honest on this), that i see with my own eyes.

Of course I am convinced.. the guy got hit in the drivers side.. it is consistent with the story of him coming out of a soi merging onto the main road. 

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course I am convinced.. the guy got hit in the drivers side.. it is consistent with the story of him coming out of a soi merging onto the main road. 

So i bet you have never seen any of these buses, or other vehicles of any kinds, overtaking from the hard shoulder before?

Let me remind you that we are discussing about an accident on a road located in THAILAND.

6 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

So i bet you have never seen any of these buses, or other vehicles of any kinds, overtaking from the hard shoulder before?

Let me remind you that we are discussing about an accident on a road located in THAILAND.

I know what we are discussing.. and the damage is consistent with the story of the Thai driver. There are no indications that its not true. Are you by any chance a Brit ?. I been here quite a while now close to 10 years and seen foreigners act just as stupid as the Thais.  I also see foreigners defending their own at all cost and crucifying a Thai in the same situation.

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Bet I know what happened. Bus is speeding in OUTSIDE lane. Brit pulls into road's INSIDE lane. Bus suddenly undertakes slower vehicle and hits Brit.

Saw it all in my crystal ball.

That's what i see every times, the only difference is that usually they are so lucky to not to get into a collision......not this time though.

Overtaking on blind spots it's another really common road's habit, and in my ten years of driving all around, i managed to not to get a single scratch without even installing an amulet or get some golden's fingerprints anywhere.....amazing! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I know what we are discussing.. and the damage is consistent with the story of the Thai driver. There are no indications that its not true. Are you by any chance a Brit ?. I been here quite a while now close to 10 years and seen foreigners act just as stupid as the Thais.  I also see foreigners defending their own at all cost and crucifying a Thai in the same situation.

An how do u know If the Thai is telling the truth?

An why does it matter if he is a brit?

I take it ur not, prob dutch.

I have to agree with Robblok here, from the photos it looks like the bus hit the drivers side of the Pajero and it backs up the bus drivers story.

One thing I noticed when driving here is that if another vehicle is flashing there lights at you it means get out of the way i'm coming through in the UK it means the opposite, maybe this has something to do with this particular accident.

The main thing is that there isn't any serious casualties.

Archived