Bus of 40 students crashes with Pajero driven by British resident

webfact

39 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

An how do u know If the Thai is telling the truth?

An why does it matter if he is a brit?

I take it ur not, prob dutch.

Why it matters, because some people seem to be intent on exonerate their own countrymen at all cost.  Yes I am Dutch but I have no problem with placing blame with my countrymen when they are guilty.

The evidence supports what the driver is saying besides if it was not so there would be some story out telling his side. 

19 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Those that do generally have an accident or 2 very quickly, some even worse !!

19 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unfortunately many expats quickly adopt Thai driving habits.

I did, allready 40+ years ago, and you know what? I'm still alive and still drive my car and I am an 80 year old geezer.

Yahooooo!!!:stoner:

20 hours ago, akc1956 said:

Maybe the Thai could have stopped if he wasn't doing 140kph?

What you're talking about?

It's a schoolbus, for chrissake and they drive carefully.

But it's a Thai driving the bus and thus Thai bashing is in order.

The Brit was probably drunk, see what I mean?:post-4641-1156694005:

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes quite a lot of foreigners take on Thai driving habits and its quite clear the Brit was in the wrong here. Thankfully nobody is injured and I am sure he is insured. Just a fine and the rest is an insurance thing. I hope that the guy learned from his experience. 

Again, I did from the first day I came here, that was at 05 november 1976.

I'm still in good health and still driving a car, never had a serious accident because I am driving like a Thai I did not have a serious accident.

80 years old I am, how about that?

1 hour ago, bandito said:

Again, I did from the first day I came here, that was at 05 november 1976.

I'm still in good health and still driving a car, never had a serious accident because I am driving like a Thai I did not have a serious accident.

80 years old I am, how about that?

80 years old , sorry you should not be driving, too old,  an accident waiting to happen, or maybe it has, and you never noticed.....

What you're talking about?
It's a schoolbus, for chrissake and they drive carefully.
But it's a Thai driving the bus and thus Thai bashing is in order.
The Brit was probably drunk, see what I mean?:post-4641-1156694005:

Of course they drive very carefully when they have kids on board, that's if the driver stays awake!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

20 hours ago, Mangostin said:

That's if you are absolutely confident that the thai driver it's telling the truth...as thais never lies or do anythings wrong, right???  :partytime2:

Too often i have seen drivers going from one lane to another, at speed and without using their indicators, they couldn't care less about road's rules or safety whatsoever, it's an almost daily issue (only when i am out driving, never a problem when i stay at home, i got to be honest on this), that i see with my own eyes.

You're right about the indicators.  I am convinced they're an optional extra, either that or the salesman not knowing how to use them has failed to show the customer how they work. It must be really hard to remember one click down for right, one up for left or is it that they cannot multi task.:wai:

Yes let's Bash a Brit for a change using stereotypes 1The Vehicle.He really wanted a Range Rover but redundancy pay wasn't enough. Tinted Glass and Boy Racer Wheels plus Black Paint,sure sign of male menopause .2.Appearance ..Wife Beater Vest,1of2,his Chang one was having its monthly wash. Tattoos ,so he's from Glasgow or an East Ender and pongs of Roll on Deodorant . 3 . Residence . The Dark side and reserved Bar Stool at Sailor Bar in Soi 6. ..... so let's give Thais a break for once ,remember we let Islamic Nutters to run us over back home ,have a nice Christmas here and a Safe New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Yes let's Bash a Brit for a change using stereotypes 1The Vehicle.He really wanted a Range Rover but redundancy pay wasn't enough. Tinted Glass and Boy Racer Wheels plus Black Paint,sure sign of male menopause .2.Appearance ..Wife Beater Vest,1of2,his Chang one was having its monthly wash. Tattoos ,so he's from Glasgow or an East Ender and pongs of Roll on Deodorant . 3 . Residence . The Dark side and reserved Bar Stool at Sailor Bar in Soi 6. ..... so let's give Thais a break for once ,remember we let Islamic Nutters to run us over back home ,have a nice Christmas here and a Safe New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Isn't Sailor Bar soi 8 ?

Get over it. You are awesome if you don't get any scratch driving in Thailand for some 10 years.

I got hit at the back by a pickup car while I was driving with full emergency flashers.

As long as you have insurance and don't get seriously hit, you are fine. Accidents seem a way of life in Thailand. Be accustomed to it.

On 23/12/2016 at 0:07 AM, canuckamuck said:

Did you think the British guy was driving the bus?

NO...

On 22/12/2016 at 10:04 PM, webfact said:

At Baan Nongpungkae, Sukhumvit Road, the coach had front-end damage whilst a black Mitsubishi Pajero, driven by sixty-one year old Brit Mr John Dorake, was heavily damaged on the right-hand side.

Damage contestant with the bus being driven on the left hand side of the road and a car pulling out of a Soi on the left-hand side of the road. 

Almost certainly a case of the Pajero driver driving "without due care and attention"

On 23/12/2016 at 3:29 PM, jesimps said:

Bet I know what happened. Bus is speeding in OUTSIDE lane. Brit pulls into road's INSIDE lane. Bus suddenly undertakes slower vehicle and hits Brit.

Saw it all in my crystal ball.

If it had have been a Toyota Fortuna" Case closed.

Now remember who told you this?

You are a half decent English guy who drives ok in the UK, because you have to as so many CCTV cameras are watching you (A bit of a sod but it keeps accidents down and saves lives and another sod is they all work)

Then you come here and marry a Thai and its Thainess training which means you can pull out of a sol, its ok no problem or maybe a small problem or wheres the Farangs wallet

Or may be the wife was on one of those days again so loosed? concentration

I think he is forget his High Way Code

Look Left Look Right Look Left Again and if clear proceed

Wife I suspect

Archived