Woman who left ATM in machine had 10,000 baht stolen from her account

rooster59

On 12/24/2016 at 5:42 AM, Sphere said:

Should be easy to trace them.....

Can trace them from the credit card receipt at the restaurant, but is there proof they took ฿10.000 from the ATM? How did they know the PIN number? Or had the stupid woman left the card in and still logged on at the ATM? In that case she deserves to lose it...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, naboo said:

As I read it, the card was retrieved from the ATM, then was used to pay for food at the restaurant and maybe elsewhere.

No cash was drawn from the ATM.

The card was retrieved and handed in. So how did anyone use it in a restaurant? Where did the lost money come from if not the ATM?

Are you suggesting the person that handed it in did so only after spending ฿10,000 on it?

You need to stay off the sherry...

:burp:

On 12/25/2016 at 0:33 PM, Boatfreak said:

ATM system in Thailand is made to loose your card so the bank can charge you 400 baht or more every time you forget your card

Many countries have a system where you get your card before you money and guess what? Nobody losses their card. 

Very true. The secret is to always get a balance print-out. I must admit I'm paranoid at the ATM. I only use one or two I'm familiar with, even then I'm scanning for hidden cameras, or people standing too close behind.

Archived