Jump to content

''Let it be an arms race'', says President-elect Donald Trump


rooster59

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit more context from Politico, if anyone actually cares about that sort of thing:

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-nuclear-arms-race-russia-232944

 

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/trump-said-the-us-should-expand-nuclear-weapons-hes-right-214546

 

All this started because the US nuclear stockpile is outdated. This is fact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

 

Moron or Muon, close enough.

 

  • Electron.
  • Positron.
  • Muon.
  • Antimuon.
  • Tau.
  • Antitau.
  • Electron neutrino.
  • Electron antineutrino.

 

Thanks for enlightening me.......but the gist of my comment is that only morons perpetrate an arms race.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PatOngo said:

 

Thanks for enlightening me.......but the gist of my comment is that only morons perpetrate an arms race.

 

Sorry man but the only ones perpetrating an arms race is the MSNBC & Mika Brzezinski. In their pajamas. Feigning shock. This would be breaking news otherwise, stopping regularly scheduled TV programming to bring it to you. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Well, Obama tried to kowtow and appease many rouge nations and enemies of the state, and look where it got him, ( more like got us ) he got Syria, ISIL,

wars everywhere, and the Arabs and Muslims don't like the US any more than in Bush time, so let Trump try his methods and will all see how will they work for him/us.....  

 

.......and Syria, ISIS is a direct consequence of the policies and actions of the Bush led administration.

Republicans seem to conveniently forget that........

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Aggressive said:

All this started because the US nuclear stockpile is outdated. This is fact. 

 

Yep and funding has already been allocated & estimated at approx US$1 trillion over 30 years to modernise and maintain the nuclear arsenal. As your link quite correctly  highlighted it is utmost recklessness to tweet on strategic nuclear weapons policy that can be open to misunderstanding / misinterpretation / mis.... / mis...

 

If this is the future standard for a US Administration to communicate with the world on such important matters, not a good look and frankly undermines US credibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Aggressive said:

A bit more context from Politico, if anyone actually cares about that sort of thing:

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-nuclear-arms-race-russia-232944

 

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/trump-said-the-us-should-expand-nuclear-weapons-hes-right-214546

 

All this started because the US nuclear stockpile is outdated. This is fact. 

 

US and Russia has 90% of the world nuclear stockpile. There is a treaty to continue to decrease the number of nuclear weapons each hold. Stockpile is outdate? yes many are but that doesn't mean they can't still use it, its just in a less effective way to be deployed.

 

I think Trumps always speaks before he thinks, so his words can be interpret in many ways. The US still has the most advance capabilities, and it would take another decade for Russia or China to catch up. So in the mean time, Trump does not need to mislead people with words and get off of the damn social media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

 


How has he been reckless?

This is posturing and part of the negotiation process.

First the stick, then the carrot.

Watch and learn.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Putin has him wound up like a clock, quite amusing to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

 

Yep and funding has already been allocated & estimated at approx US$1 trillion over 30 years to modernise and maintain the nuclear arsenal. As your link quite correctly  highlighted it is utmost recklessness to tweet on strategic nuclear weapons policy that can be open to misunderstanding / misinterpretation / mis.... / mis...

 

If this is the future standard for a US Administration to communicate with the world on such important matters, not a good look and frankly undermines US credibility.

 

He didn't tweet on strategic nuclear weapons policy lmao. Taking that to a bit of an extreme yourself. I agree he shouldn't have said anything but its a tweet & a sensationalized report from pajama wearing idiots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mike324 said:

 

US and Russia has 90% of the world nuclear stockpile. There is a treaty to continue to decrease the number of nuclear weapons each hold. Stockpile is outdate? yes many are but that doesn't mean they can't still use it, its just in a less effective way to be deployed.

 

I think Trumps always speaks before he thinks, so his words can be interpret in many ways. The US still has the most advance capabilities, and it would take another decade for Russia or China to catch up. So in the mean time, Trump does not need to mislead people with words and get off of the damn social media.

 

I agree, but I also agree that no matter what we need top shelf defenses and I see nothing wrong making sure we are completely modernized. The US should never be "less effective" if we have capabilities to be more effective. Nukes are out there, the only defense is more nukes. Nuke us and we obliterate you sort of thing. 


People don't like thinking of it like that, but its completely true. 

 

Dont underestimate Russia & their capabilities. 

 

Yes Trump needs to quit trolling the MSM, I agree with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:
a poem by Robert Frost:
 
"Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice. 
From what I’ve tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire. 
But if it had to perish twice / I think I know enough of hate 
To say that for destruction ice  /  Is also great and would suffice.
 
Note to Frost:  We've got a nuclear-loving, quick-to-anger dufus in charge of the US now.  You may want to update your poem to suppose the world will end in fire.

to boomerangutang from Robert the Frost:

 

to update this and modernize / I fear I'm not much of a hinter
so I tell it straight and hope it suffice / after nuclear fire comes nuclear winter!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...