''Let it be an arms race'', says President-elect Donald Trump

rooster59

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I beg to differ, Putin is way way cleverer but they are both ruthless.

Putin is a pragmatist, he thinks before acting. Trump is emotional and in my view psychologically unhinged. In his briefing with military chiefs before the election he asked three times why the US had not "used" their nuclear weapons ... let's hope that some in his team are more sensible. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Aggressive said:

If Brexit is any indicator, you would likely be wrong. 

Yes, it's pretty astonishing who people are willing to vote for when they feel disenfranchised ... 2016 looked like the year of the 'protest vote', but unfortunately the implications can be far reaching.

It feels like a repeat of the 1930s.  I hope not, as it did not end well.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

So will the world survive four years of "president" trump?

Hard to say. 

I do wonder whether Trump will survive four years? I read a day or so ago a headline that suggested that he had hired personal security, on top of his Secret Service detail? 

Just now, AlexRich said:

I do wonder whether Trump will survive four years? I read a day or so ago a headline that suggested that he had hired personal security, on top of his Secret Service detail? 

His very eccentric doctor recently gave an interview where he strongly hints he has serious doubts about trump's health and chances to survive his first term ... of course he said differently during the campaign!

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His very eccentric doctor recently gave an interview where he strongly hints he has serious doubts about trump's health and chances to survive his first term ... of course he said differently during the campaign!

An early death by gun shot is more likely, so sad, all that good taste going to waste.

2 hours ago, Aggressive said:

I agree, but I also agree that no matter what we need top shelf defenses and I see nothing wrong making sure we are completely modernized. The US should never be "less effective" if we have capabilities to be more effective. Nukes are out there, the only defense is more nukes. Nuke us and we obliterate you sort of thing. 

People don't like thinking of it like that, but its completely true. 

Dont underestimate Russia & their capabilities. 

Yes Trump needs to quit trolling the MSM, I agree with that. 

I agree, we need top shelf defenses but developing more nukes is not the solution. Thing is we already have enough to blow the entire world couple times over. Its hypocritical that US wants to limit the amount of nukes other countries have, yet they have one of the most nukes themselves.

No doubt Russia and China is catching up fast. Nukes is still not the solution. The future would be cyber warfare and the ability to shoot down enemy satellite to render all things that rely on gps useless.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I saw the interview with that GP, he seemed a bit eccentric ... looked more like an Hells Angel with a Harley than a GP. 

My point was that if Trump oversteps the mark he might find himself the target of an assassination ... something that we haven't seen since JFK. And if he has hired personal security as reported it might be the case that he's worried about that as a possibility. 

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He didn't hire them on top of the Secret Service He already had them.  Still, it's kind of nuts to keep 2 security details.  Apparently the head of his private security force is another paranoic so Trump probably feels kinship with him.

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I saw the interview with that GP, he seemed a bit eccentric ... looked more like an Hells Angel with a Harley than a GP. 

My point was that if Trump oversteps the mark he might find himself the target of an assassination ... something that we haven't seen since JFK. And if he has hired personal security as reported it might be the case that he's worried about that as a possibility. 

He may be difficult to kill as this time the CIA wont be after him and the industrial military complex love him.

11 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Putin is a pragmatist, he thinks before acting. Trump is emotional and in my view psychologically unhinged. In his briefing with military chiefs before the election he asked three times why the US had not "used" their nuclear weapons ... let's hope that some in his team are more sensible. 

Putin may find his match in Trump.

Putin is thoughtful to a fault, moves cautiously and doesn't move until he sees all the ducks in a straight line. In fact, he did very little until he assured himself of Obama's complete weakness in international affairs. Now he's quite aggressive (as are the Chinese).  Trump is not stupid, whether you like him or not. He's polished his overbearing negotiating skills over 4 decades and 1000s of deals. He basically plays the game as a one man good guy bad guy team. He is simply laying out his starting point, remember he now has access to all top strategic information.

He's reacting to Putin's nuclear sabre rattling over the last few years that Obama totally spaced out. Here is some of  it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34797252 - these are to invalidate the idea of MAM by unleashing nukes on coastal US cities without warning.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-building-nuclear-armed-drone-submarine/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/russia-test-unstoppable-satan-2-7935675

http://www.sciencealert.com/russia-s-reportedly-building-a-nuclear-space-bomber

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/russia-developing-new-nuclear-missiles-capable-of-penetrating-us-defenses/

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=russian+nuclear+minisubs&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=WCteWP_2GozkvASItrrgDQ#channel=fe&hl=en&q=new+nuclear+russian+development

etc.

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

would be better if they had a race to get to mars. pretty sure it would be done by now if they stopped blowing cash on possibly blowing up the world.

IMO it would be better if they spent the billions (trillions?) of dollars on improving life for their (and the countries they've bombed/destroyed) poorer citizens.

15 minutes ago, rabas said:

Putin may find his match in Trump.

Putin is thoughtful to a fault, moves cautiously and doesn't move until he sees all the ducks in a straight line. In fact, he did very little until he assured himself of Obama's complete weakness in international affairs. Now he's quite aggressive (as are the Chinese).  Trump is not stupid, whether you like him or not. He's polished his overbearing negotiating skills over 4 decades and 1000s of deals. He basically plays the game as a one man good guy bad guy team. He is simply laying out his starting point, remember he now has access to all top strategic information.

He's reacting to Putin's nuclear sabre rattling over the last few years that Obama totally spaced out. Here is some of  it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34797252 - these are to invalidate the idea of MAM by unleashing nukes on coastal US cities without warning.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-building-nuclear-armed-drone-submarine/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/russia-test-unstoppable-satan-2-7935675

http://www.sciencealert.com/russia-s-reportedly-building-a-nuclear-space-bomber

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/russia-developing-new-nuclear-missiles-capable-of-penetrating-us-defenses/

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=russian+nuclear+minisubs&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=WCteWP_2GozkvASItrrgDQ#channel=fe&hl=en&q=new+nuclear+russian+development

etc.

Lucky for them that there aren't well over a thousand nuclear missiles from the USA that would be aimed at them not to mention those of other nations..oh wait.

Hahahaha...watch and LEARN?  From a man who has absolutely no idea what he's doing, and is WAY out of his league being anywhere near the office of President?  It's the leader of the frigging country, it's not an entry level job!  And "learn" what exactly?  What can rational, mature adults learn from a pouting, tantrum-throwing boy-man whose major mode of communication is angry, ranting tweets sent in the middle of the night?

Regardless of how butthurt you are, becoming President makes Trump one of the most succesful people on the planet.

He's been running rings around people that underestimated him since he decided to run.

So yes, watch and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no secret that Putin hates Hillary Clinton in a personal way and was supporting (actively) the election of trump for U.S. president.

Wouldn't it be ironic if president trump turns out to be Putin's downfall? 

I detest them both, trump and Putin ... but there does seem to be a really good chance that the current LOVE FEST between these two authoritarian characters probably won't last. 

47 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Lucky for them that there aren't well over a thousand nuclear missiles from the USA that would be aimed at them not to mention those of other nations..oh wait.

It's called strategy, they've been playing it for 7 decades. The point is to get them to not develop various systems. That's how Reagan broke up the Soviet Union. Remember star wars, nuclear missile shell games, and many more? They were never meant to be developed, but the Russians could not know which ones we would deploy. They do the same to us. We won, only Obama didn't want to play the game.

The cool part is when they fool people into thinking its real. But, they don't need to fool the Russians, it's good enough to give them a problem they cannot guess the answer to....

Stanley Kubrick made a brilliant film in 1964 called Dr Strangelove or How I started to stop worrying and love the bomb (rated #52 in imdb best films). I used to think it was a fictional warning but now, this live action remake proves it was just a dress rehearsal.

Watch it and learn....

Well this strategy worked for Reagan almost bankrupting Gorbachev''s USSR. Great idea in the 1980's.  Will it still work with Russia's Putin in the 20'somethings?   Hmmmmmm!!  However he is probably trying to play "bad cop-good cop" somehow.  He is the "master of the deal" we all know.  I just wish it was only his life he was gambling with.

5 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Stanley Kubrick made a brilliant film in 1964 called Dr Strangelove or How I started to stop worrying and love the bomb (rated #52 in imdb best films). I used to think it was a fictional warning but now, this live action remake proves it was just a dress rehearsal.

Watch it and learn....

Ah yes!!   The dreaded mineshaft gap.  I just love that movie.  Sellers playing 2 or three parts.  "Gentlemen, gentlemen!  We cannot have people fighting in the war room."    Love it!!!

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Well this strategy worked for Reagan almost bankrupting Gorbachev''s USSR. Great idea in the 1980's.  Will it still work with Russia's Putin in the 20'somethings?   Hmmmmmm!!  However he is probably trying to play "bad cop-good cop" somehow.  He is the "master of the deal" we all know.  I just wish it was only his life he was gambling with.

Russia's external debt 2015 = $600bn

US external debt = $19643bn

When it comes to being bankrupt, I can see a clear winner....

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Whereas Hilary would have known exactly what she was doing, following her own agenda, for her, her family and her cronies benefits?

More Libya lies, more own server lies, more money from the Saudis, the Germans and whoever else wanted a few "favor", etc etc etc

Trump isn't even the POTUS yet. But hey, don't let that stop you. 

Just hope he turns out different because it seems a Western phenomena that people are getting pissed off with professional politicians especially the left liberal PC brigade who deliver little apart from for themselves.

There were more than a few topics dealing with Trump's family's improper involvement in his transition team, and several instances that related to possible profiteering and pay for play. Trump intends to appoint several of his cronies to posts in his administration.

Lies - no shortage of them. Server issues - yep. Money from foreign sources - check.

And all that even before he took the oath.

By the way, if he isn't POTUS yet, perhaps he ought to avoid such tweets and statements until after the inauguration?

38 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Russia's external debt 2015 = $600bn

US external debt = $19643bn

When it comes to being bankrupt, I can see a clear winner....

If you mean the United States is closer to being bankrupt (whatever that means for a country that prints its own money), then you've got a severe vision problem. Russia's population is roughly half that of the USA.  It's GDP in 2014 was roughly  2.03 trillion. The USA has a population of roughly 330 million.  It's GDP in 2014 was 17.348 trillion.  I'll leave it to you to do the rest of the math.

Archived