''Let it be an arms race'', says President-elect Donald Trump

rooster59

7 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

This is like a badly scripted SNL skit.  The producer would toss it out saying, "come on guys, this dialogue is too silly.  It's got to be at least a tiny bit believable to be witty or funny.  This stuff is too outlandish.  Go and re-write it so it's at least remotely believable."

The one good thing about a nuclear battle is:  Less humans = a respite for the many species which are being wiped out by humans (most notably, the Chinese with their insatiable lust for exotic animal parts).

Nuclear bombs do not discriminate what they wipe out,humans animals,birds,insects and plants.There is no good thing about nuclear war.If it ever comes to it,we are all cactus.I rekon the anglo saxon clearing of land has wiped out more species than anything.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, barmatt said:

Did real people vote for this guy??

Arms race .

More  employment supplying the  military , bombs , boots, bandages etc.

All good  for  the value of the  Dollar . Win win .555

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Putin may find his match in Trump.

Putin is thoughtful to a fault, moves cautiously and doesn't move until he sees all the ducks in a straight line. In fact, he did very little until he assured himself of Obama's complete weakness in international affairs. Now he's quite aggressive (as are the Chinese).  Trump is not stupid, whether you like him or not. He's polished his overbearing negotiating skills over 4 decades and 1000s of deals. He basically plays the game as a one man good guy bad guy team. He is simply laying out his starting point, remember he now has access to all top strategic information.

He's reacting to Putin's nuclear sabre rattling over the last few years that Obama totally spaced out. Here is some of  it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34797252 - these are to invalidate the idea of MAM by unleashing nukes on coastal US cities without warning.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-building-nuclear-armed-drone-submarine/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/russia-test-unstoppable-satan-2-7935675

http://www.sciencealert.com/russia-s-reportedly-building-a-nuclear-space-bomber

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/russia-developing-new-nuclear-missiles-capable-of-penetrating-us-defenses/

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=russian+nuclear+minisubs&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=WCteWP_2GozkvASItrrgDQ#channel=fe&hl=en&q=new+nuclear+russian+development

etc.

Doing dodgy property deals and getting your own way,is not the way to do international politics.

Just now, The Deerhunter said:

Well this strategy worked for Reagan almost bankrupting Gorbachev''s USSR. Great idea in the 1980's.  Will it still work with Russia's Putin in the 20'somethings?   Hmmmmmm!!  However he is probably trying to play "bad cop-good cop" somehow.  He is the "master of the deal" we all know.  I just wish it was only his life he was gambling with.

55,and the States aren't bankrupt.We will see who the master is when he deals with Russia and China.he wont even be able to handle Mexico.Actually i don't think he will even be able to deal with Senate and Congress.

Whereas Hilary would have known exactly what she was doing, following her own agenda, for her, her family and her cronies benefits?

More Libya lies, more own server lies, more money from the Saudis, the Germans and whoever else wanted a few "favor", etc etc etc

Trump isn't even the POTUS yet. But hey, don't let that stop you. 

Just hope he turns out different because it seems a Western phenomena that people are getting pissed off with professional politicians especially the left liberal PC brigade who deliver little apart from for themselves.

Why do you keep going on about Hillary? She lost Trump won. Trump is the person to pay attention to. Who cares what Hillary may have done? Trump is the idiot elect and every day proves himself more incapable of the position.

We let Japan and other countries spend more on their defense. We build a few more nukes just to make our position clear. It doesn't matter Trump is the only one capable of pushing the button. 

Trump is playing the batshit crazy card. Nobody has the balls so far to call the bluff anyway.

19 hours ago, Thakkar said:

C'mon, everyone, get into the spirit of the season!

Sing with me:

?Walking in a nuclear wonderland...

Rudolph  the  red  nose nuke deer ,

sorry  about that  folks .

59 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Who cares who has the biggest d1ck ?

IQ-wise Putin is the winner, no doubt about that.

An ex-KGB man versus a reality TV charlatan...hmm, doesn't seem like much of a fight.

I always wondered if Putin had something to do with Yeltsin's quick departure after Putin was placed into the Prime Minister's position. Putin is a slick one, that is for sure. A lot of Putin's corruption charges just "disappeared" after he became President.

Even before he's officially prez, Trump is being mocked by world leaders.  

Pakistan published Trump's gushing praise for Pakistanis - it was excerpts from a phone conversation between Paki's prez and Trump.  A very unusual thing for a a government to do - and it was for the express purpose of showcasing what a twerp Trump is.

In the same week, China responded to some of Trump's trip-ups by officially mentioning what a rookie Trump is - particularly re; world affairs.

Trump's ineptitude on world affairs is only one of many reasons why he will be a fatally flawed president overseeing a deteriorating US.   The world is beginning a long laugh session toward America's leaders.

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

Who cares who has the biggest d1ck ?

IQ-wise Putin is the winner, no doubt about that.

I know this is going to hurt but I think it is the other way around.

I've heard Putin may suffer from a disorder that makes him mechanical and methodical, thus his blank look, chess player style.

True Genius however often deviates from the mundane normalcy of everyday PC style. They are creative. So, Trump has an IQ of 156....

http://wizzed.com/24-u-s-presidents-and-their-iqs-trumps-iq-will-shock-you/

41 minutes ago, rabas said:

I've heard Putin may suffer from a disorder that makes him mechanical and methodical, thus his blank look, chess player style.

True Genius however often deviates from the mundane normalcy of everyday PC style. They are creative. So, Trump has an IQ of 156....

An impeccable source!!!

9 hours ago, Silurian said:

An ex-KGB man versus a reality TV charlatan...hmm, doesn't seem like much of a fight.

I always wondered if Putin had something to do with Yeltsin's quick departure after Putin was placed into the Prime Minister's position. Putin is a slick one, that is for sure. A lot of Putin's corruption charges just "disappeared" after he became President.

Absolutely.  It had to do with Putin not messing with the oligarchs.  Letting them continue with their nefarious ways.  That's changed a bit, but still basically the same approach. 

9 hours ago, rabas said:

That's a fake news source.  Do some more research.  It's widely reported Obama's IQ is 145.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax

Barack Obama Democratic 1961–present 2009–present  IQ:145

[16]

On 12/24/2016 at 11:28 AM, otherstuff1957 said:

A nuclear arms race?  He might as well start tearing up million dollar bills and flushing them down the toilet!

:sick:

.....as long as it's other peoples' / taxpayers' million dollar bills, no problem for him.  Like Romney/Ryan in 2008, Trump wants to spend a whole lot more for military than the military top brass ask for.

Note: it costs $60 million/year to just check whether the current N arsenal is leaking.  In other words, there are a few techies with geiger counters, strolling around nukes, ....which costs: $214,285 per working day.

Gore and other smart people (including many intelligent Russians) spent many months/years seriously negotiating to lessen nukes - toward eradicating them altogether.  Trump and Putin, in one week, have scuttled all that hard work - which was trying to make the planet safer for future generations.   

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

That's a fake news source.  Do some more research.  It's widely reported Obama's IQ is 145.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax

Barack Obama Democratic 1961–present 2009–present  IQ:145

[16]

agree.. except why research it?

whether you like him or not..... unless someone's IQ is a lot higher than 145... all you need do is listen to any publicly recorded occurrence of president Obama thinking and talking on his feet.... really, that's all.... 

.... and it is still a spectacular thing to see and hear.... compared to his predecessor 8 years ago. Trump isn't as dull as Bush.... but his extreme loner personality makes him very scary... with or without his allusion to being a 'George Patton' type super duper man.... combined with, quite good, salesman techniques.... that and that he is a farlang. no birther issues, I guess.

10 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

.....as long as it's other peoples' / taxpayers' million dollar bills, no problem for him.  Like Romney/Ryan in 2008, Trump wants to spend a whole lot more for military than the military top brass ask for.

Note: it costs $60 million/year to just check whether the current N arsenal is leaking.  In other words, there are a few techies with geiger counters, strolling around nukes, ....which costs: $214,285 per working day.

Gore and other smart people (including many intelligent Russians) spent many months/years seriously negotiating to lessen nukes - toward eradicating them altogether.  Trump and Putin, in one week, have scuttled all that hard work - which was trying to make the planet safer for future generations.   

"a few techies with geiger counters, strolling around nukes" - these are actual facts?

Archived