Obey the traffic laws and we'll get you dinner, police tell motorists

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Anyone who has had a fine and lost their license this year can go and pay it for the bargain basement fee of 100 baht flat rate. It is not for serious offences but for infractions like having faulty equipment, no helmet, using phones and the like.

Bargain basement fee? Standard tea money at the bottom of the bribes ladder.

And using a phone whilst driving, which is highly likely to lead to a collision (even without feet up), or driving with faulty 'equipment' which should keep the vehicle (or the driver) off the road, are hardly mere infractions.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

Don't eat the rice cause it will make you stupid! You will become unable to reason, you will buy a small rusted out scooter and weld a basket and wheel onto it, paint it with crayons and wire tie a propane bottle to it and start selling rice and chicken.

This is poison rice on a program to infiltrate the law abiding farangs!  Warning to all farangs, continue to be smart, law abiding and you will be fine. 

'...  continue to be smart, law abiding and you will be fine.' Or fined. 

13 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

If I follow the traffic rules and laws, I get a manly portion of rice. If I don't and I happen to lose my license, 3 bucks will sort it out. 

I am already liking this. 

Can I swop my bag of rice for some ice cream?

I was stopped this morning, I was congratulated on my driving

They put 10 kilos in the back of my pick up

They wished me well

I smiled and was about to leave

They said very politely 5000batt sir

Season of goodwill

I paid and left

Just kidding

Happy New Year

On 12/26/2016 at 10:20 PM, daiwill60 said:

One way of using Yinluk's rice, I guess.

So will they stop every driver doing every correct procedure when driving?  That's a 100Kg of rice for me and the missus then , fair play she is also very good and cautious in the car.  A rarity I know, but they are out there. 

Are you sure she drives like that when you are not sat beside her?

Does she pick up the phone if you ring her in the car?

How about her make-up, is that done before she goes out?

Sorry to question your wife, I'm sure she is an Angel.

I'm just a cynical old sod...

Fines for minor traffic offences reduced to 100 baht

281202.png

BANGKOK: -- The Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) is ready to reset fine payment for minor traffic offences to only 100 baht across the board as a New Year gift for traffic violators

But the reduction of the traffic fines does not cover offences which affect traffic system or cause troubles to other people who share the same road such as drink driving or jumping traffic lights.

According to Pol Maj Gen Jirapat Phumijit, MPB deputy commissioner, the purpose of this campaign was also to  encourage motorists who remained keeping their traffic tickets unpaid for reasons of fearing high fine payment to come to the police and have them paid.

Besides they could also return to driving with driving licences again after settling the fine payment.

He said motorists who had their driving licences held up by the police for traffic violations in 2016 could join the campaign to have their fine payments reset.

But he made clear that only minor traffic offences with maximum fine not exceeding 1,000 baht could be compromised.

Offences that could be settled under this reset campaign include using vehicles with incomplete parts or equipments, not carrying driving licences while driving, not wearing crash helmets, not fastening safety belts, using mobile phones while driving.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fines-minor-traffic-offences-reduced-100-baht/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-28

On 26/12/2016 at 10:04 PM, fruitman said:

Farang are excluded sir, they can buy it for a 10-foulded price, who do you think we are?

They just do this so they don't have to write fines...what about hitting all trafficoffenders 99 times with a carpet-beater? That would help better i think. And for every blown bulb on the vehicle we double the amount..

i am not farang, i'm asian. Am I still qualified? :thumbsup:

"Offences that could be settled under this reset campaign include using vehicles with incomplete parts or equipment, not carrying driving licences while driving, not wearing crash helmets, not fastening safety belts, using mobile phones while driving."

Minor offences, geez, any one of these could result in a crash and result in the death of an innocent but some super sleuth has deemed offenders worthy of receiving a gift by way of a fine reduction.  It is getting sillier by the day.  No mention of enforcing the rules, why worry, life is worth nothing here, who cares, the BIB sure don't.:wai:

15 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Are you sure she drives like that when you are not sat beside her?

Does she pick up the phone if you ring her in the car?

How about her make-up, is that done before she goes out?

Sorry to question your wife, I'm sure she is an Angel.

I'm just a cynical old sod...

1. No I'm not , she does tend to drive a little too close to cars in front for my liking.

2. Yes she does , and other people when they call.  But so do I. 

3. Doesn't do make up when driving.  But neither do I.

This is the new stupid. First they talk about the seven deadly days, which is already a farce. Enforcing laws periodically, while ignoring it on other 'normal' days, that is. And now, they're giving new year gifts to traffic violators?

How more stupid can these morons get? Might as well throw in a bag of rice while you're at it.

And in my book, using a mobile phone while driving isn't a 'minor offence'. I think it's just as dangerous as driving under influence and running the lights. Some idiots can't even operate a vehicle properly, let alone operating both a vehicle and a mobile phone.

Okay so now we will have everyone NOT wearing helmets, more then two/three on a motorcycle, no liceneces and no tax, goody with all the extra deaths due to the lax enforcement the only winners will be the WATS offering cut price for two

or more .

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Oh goodie less fines.  Other countries increase them to help reduce road carnage.

No they increase to fleece and annoy drivers and get more tax money for their bottomless money pits.

Good on Thailand and it's government !

Archived