Cataract surgery prices

Sheryl

5 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Seeing flashes ''of light'' in ones vision.

OK,   

Maybe that's something i have to look forward to.     I've only seen it with  other issues.

Not to press the matter but when you had these flashes of light was there any  common event associated with them?

Did you have a single or multiple flashes at any particular time.   

I appreciate your answer but  I'm  curious about details if you're comfortable providing them to those who many benefit from your answer. 

TIA.

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I won't agree  or disagree with you  Langsuan Man regarding doctors but I'll add that going to  a second ophthalmologist  would, using your words,  just be visiting a second car salesman

Well the second opinion was that it was not needed right now, so at least the second car salesman was ethical .  And a second opinion not only gets another option but provides the opportunity to "examine" another doctor, which in many cases is just as important  

On 7/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, watcharacters said:

OK,   

Maybe that's something i have to look forward to.     I've only seen it with  other issues.

Not to press the matter but when you had these flashes of light was there any  common event associated with them?

Did you have a single or multiple flashes at any particular time.   

I appreciate your answer but  I'm  curious about details if you're comfortable providing them to those who many benefit from your answer. 

TIA.

From my personal experience, I was seeing light flashes both individually and in small starburst clusters whilst going about normal daily routines at work or at home, no physical exertion was involved.

Used to get more worried and visit an ophthalmologist when the the flashes developed into a blur and zig zag lightning streaks moving around in my vision which lasted about 20 mins, nothing could ever be found by the ophthalmologists during their examinations.

Funnily enough I also noticed I was getting these flashing light episodes after either drinking diet cola's, eating very spicy food with lots of chillies and  vinegar whilst in hot environment.

I have since cut down on the chilies, do not use vinegar on my food and have stopped drinking all diet sodas all together. The flashes have reduced significantly due to this change in my diet.

• 1 month later...

I suffered a detached retina earlier this year, and was seeing light flashes then.  When I went to my ophthalmologist at Rutnin and got the diagnosis of a detached retina, one of the first questions he asked me was whether I sometimes saw flashes.

I would get them sometimes when walking into a dark room or the dark of night where there was some light from external sources.  It wasn't frequent.  It would just be a single and very quick flash out the corner of my eye, in the same direction that I then lost vision due to the detached retina. 

If you ever feel like you have a sudden loss of peripheral vision, by all means go see a doctor as fast as you can.

• 7 months later...

Hi Cheryl, do you (or anyone with other hospital or eye clinic info) have contact details for Prachinburi army hospital and the doctors name? 

I'm in Rutnin tomorrow for eye exam, 2000B. I think I have bad cataract in right eye, so left will be the same soon. I don't think I can afford 65k per eye there so looking at all options and recommendations. 

1 hour ago, mushepea said:

Hi Cheryl, do you (or anyone with other hospital or eye clinic info) have contact details for Prachinburi army hospital and the doctors name? 

I'm in Rutnin tomorrow for eye exam, 2000B. I think I have bad cataract in right eye, so left will be the same soon. I don't think I can afford 65k per eye there so looking at all options and recommendations. 

I don't know the doctor's name but he's the only opthalmologist there (this is assuming same doc is still there - my experience is over a year ago).

Eye clinic is only twice a week, I believe Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The hospital phone number is 037-211-591

It is located not far from the train station (would be walkable from there if you take a shortcut across the tracks and up through the market that is on the hill above it, then out and across the street heading north)

Name is  Fort Chakkraphong Hospital

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chakkrapong-Fort-Hospital/126934507385089

But before you go to all that trouble and travel, if you are in Bangkok I suggest you contact this place which is right in Bangkok and is a branch of a specialized government eye hospital:

http://www.mettaeyecare.org/

I contacted them recently about something else and prices were about 1/3 that of Rutnin

Wherever you have it done, you'll need to be seen the following day to remove bandages and then follow up in 1 week and then I think 1 month

Archived