Horrific accident as Bang Saen water park owner decapitated

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

You are not familiar with this intersection. It is under the motorway. There are no pedestrians.

In addition, Thais generally freeze rather than assisting in emergency situations. I have witnessed this. Perhaps it is related to living in a society where 'doing the right thng' can lead to negative repercussions.

Sorry I thought I had cut n pasted the last sentence

"  The company is 100% Thai owned " ,

my mistake, just wondering what that had to do with anything in the report????

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

You are not familiar with this intersection. It is under the motorway. There are no pedestrians.

In addition, Thais generally freeze rather than assisting in emergency situations. I have witnessed this. Perhaps it is related to living in a society where 'doing the right thng' can lead to negative repercussions.

I totally have to agree...from personal experience. I nearly choked to death at a popular chain steak restaurant in Chiang Mai a few years ago.  Realizing what was happening, I stood up, gagging, pointing at my throat, and not a solitary Thai among perhaps a dozen sitting near me lifted a finger to come to my aid. Luckily, very luckily for me, my Thai wife knew what to do and rushed around our table to apply the Heimlich Maneuver, which worked, causing me to cough up the offending bit of meat.  I had taught her how to perform the maneuver a few years prior and she remembered what to do and to do it forcefully, exactly as I'd taught her. I realize that 99% of the populace here hasn't a clue on how to help a choking victim, or to render any other form of first aid, but the fact that they casually remained riveted in their seats still galls me. 

1 hour ago, Sakeopete said:

He owned a water park ⛲ and rode a Keeway?

Sorry for this young entrepreneur, lost his precious life. I feel this youngman was in right path in life, if he drives Mercedes how can he increase his capital to expand his business.

Most first time entrepreneurs make sacrifices to improve business, and next generation enjoys the harvest by riding Porsche, or Mercedes.

Hard earned money is worth every penny.

14 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Sorry for this young entrepreneur, lost his precious life. I feel this youngman was in right path in life, if he drives Mercedes how can he increase his capital to expand his business.

Most first time entrepreneurs make sacrifices to improve business, and next generation enjoys the harvest by riding Porsche, or Mercedes.

Hard earned money is worth every penny.

spoken like a man that knows how hard it is to make it.sound like you done it before.

6 hours ago, Don Mega said:
6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Another reason is they don't want the responsibility. It's f*****g pathetic, and yes, extremely common here.

Well typically they get caught so "avoiding responsibility" is short lived.

Edited 6 hours ago by Don Mega

Angry mob.... OK

Waiting for the blood count to lower?

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Never seen that excuse here before !

Now the Police are saying the same as the idiot drivers! Unreal!

No investigation and they already have the answer? If that was the problem why did the driver run away?

And I don't need the usual c**p comment that he would be scared.

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Brakes failed = going too fast to stop. I doubt that any Thai is taught what a safe braking distance is, and even if they were they would take no notice. Just the way it is, and always will be into the foreseeable future.

Yes but.....

I remember in the UK when new cars started having ABS, they started driving closer to each other because they could stop!

If I was driving a car without ABS I had to be careful to leave a safe distance to allow me to stop but...

There were always those idiots that would fill in the stopping gap that I was trying to maintain.....

Of course, now my car has 6 forward gears, 136 BHP, turbo's, traction control with ESP and ABS so I can drive by point and shoot, in the wet or dry!

(not that I do but it seems many in Thailand do!!!)

Many vehicles are fully automatic so there is no need to learn anything about driving, the vehicle does it all!!!

Then there's the built in GPS that some follow so faithfully that they end up stuck on a totally unsuitable road or going the wrong way on a one way road because the map is out of date..... See, easy, no brains required.....

Scuse me I must answer this important phone call before I send a text to my friend - F F Sake - why don't you look where you're going.

Did you just see that? Some people are really inconsiderate, couldn't they see I was busy on my phone....

Just sayin.

My car - well it's home in Spain, too bloody dangerous to drive in Thailand!

Every year when the thais go to the mountains, there'll always be accident involving coaches... 'brake failed'

Of course it'd fail (by fade or the fluid boiled off) if you ride it down the mountain all the way

/In this case at the intersection, although on a slight downward slope, I doubt it'd be enough for the brake to fade

When will they get these roads safer?it's disgraceful how these accidents keep happening. That poor wife to see her husband like that. I've actually been witness to a fatality in which the guy was decapitated,it was back in London 15 years ago and it still haunts me. Trust me it's a disgusting sight. 

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The condition of brakes in this country is shocking.

Surely one knows the brakes are getting bad before a total failure. Unless a brake line broke suddenly. Or maybe down time means a loss of income so it's not reported to the maintenance department.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Must have been horrific for the poor lady.

Another life lost because of lack of maintenance on a truck.

When will the authorities kick their a...es in gear and require routine maintenance on trucks/ buses?

Maybe in the next millennium  :whistling:

3 hours ago, Fore Man said:

I totally have to agree...from personal experience. I nearly choked to death at a popular chain steak restaurant in Chiang Mai a few years ago.  Realizing what was happening, I stood up, gagging, pointing at my throat, and not a solitary Thai among perhaps a dozen sitting near me lifted a finger to come to my aid. Luckily, very luckily for me, my Thai wife knew what to do and rushed around our table to apply the Heimlich Maneuver, which worked, causing me to cough up the offending bit of meat.  I had taught her how to perform the maneuver a few years prior and she remembered what to do and to do it forcefully, exactly as I'd taught her. I realize that 99% of the populace here hasn't a clue on how to help a choking victim, or to render any other form of first aid, but the fact that they casually remained riveted in their seats still galls me. 

I also taught my tgf that same thing. Hope she remembers. Time for a practice run

3 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I also taught my tgf that same thing. Hope she remembers. Time for a practice run

You would find that Australians do not know how to either.  It is not taught in First Aid courses and is not recommended there.

3 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Why is it not recommended there. What do they do instead?

https://www.accreditedfirstaid.com.au/2014/08/22/the-heimlich-manouevre-why-dont-we-use-it/

In 2006, the American Red Cross revised its protocols on how to treat a conscious choking victim. It replaced the HM with back blows, citing there was no evidence that the HM was effective.

Archived