Horrific accident as Bang Saen water park owner decapitated

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, robblok said:

Still companies and drivers should be held responsible for brake failure. Its comes from lack of maintenance. 

..i think they forgot to add..the brakes failed to stop the crane because it was travelling too fast...RIP.

31 minutes ago, brling said:

So it WAS brake failure then ? due to lack of maintenance. 

I hope the investigations go further than the driver...

There was an accident in the UK where a tipper truck sped out of control down a hill due to brake failure, killing a four year old girl and 3 others. Last Thursday  "Haulage boss Matthew Gordon, 30, and mechanic Peter Wood, 55, were found guilty at Bristol Crown Court" and spent Christmas in jail awaiting sentencing, The driver of the truck was acquitted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38404875

IT seems odd the article mentions "100 % thai owned" as if that matters somehow?   I feel that it implies that this poor guys life had more meaning than if he had a company that had partial foreign investment?  I cant see any other relevance.  The more I read TV and the news stories with this sort of things and the thugs smiling after beating a farang nearly to death the less I want to do more than a short visit in my future. 

19 hours ago, fruitman said:

But those brakeparts from China are much cheaper sir! And thai engineer vely good, hab technical school.

I let the brakepads change on my motorcycle at a motorcycle shop, front wheel, and every time I used the brakes I got a screaming noise.

Went to the dealer and they changed the fake brake pads with the original Honda pads right away.

Buy only original parts from that time on.

5 minutes ago, bandito said:

I let the brakepads change on my motorcycle at a motorcycle shop, front wheel, and every time I used the brakes I got a screaming noise.

Went to the dealer and they changed the fake brake pads with the original Honda pads right away.

Fake brake pads, Ive heard it all now.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

21 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Avoiding a gathering lynch mob would be reason enough for me to flee, not saying that is the case here though but it is common.

Lynch mob? How do you know this? Site a case here and then site a case in your home country.

I might add that in most civilized countries leaving the scene of an accident is a serious crime. Wake up Thailand; searching for the drivers takes up valuable police time.

1 hour ago, bandito said:

Yup, and tell the "engineers" to ONLY touch the brakediscs with washed clean hands and after working on them clean the discs with brake-cleaner. I had them service my brakes and they didn't work AT ALL because they were so greasy...went back to the shop and they even didn't have brakecleaner in a spraycan. This is a very big Honda dealer, not some somchai around the corner.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:22 AM, Don Mega said:

Avoiding a gathering lynch mob would be reason enough for me to flee, not saying that is the case here though but it is common.

An acquaintance in the Phillipines told me it is common for drivers to flee, to avoid getting killed by a lynch mob...here, I tend to think the escape is to give time to sober up...

Just now, hdkane said:

An acquaintance in the Phillipines told me it is common for drivers to flee, to avoid getting killed by a lynch mob...here, I tend to think the escape is to give time to sober up...

Thata a fair call, I'll go along with that.

best to do your brakes yourself... and yes its best to handle the pads with those nitrile gloves and must clean the rotor metal with brake cleaner and even have the surfaces  machined if needed.

What are fake pads?   In the US we have many aftermarket choices for pads.  Original OEM pads are not used that much overhere.   Some are better wear than others.. Metalic, ceramic, etc.   I prefer best stopping power.   In the last couple decades it has become so cheap to buy new rotors or drums from china that many times you do that rather than turn your parts.  I prefer to turn mine as long as I can and then buy the best brand .  

Archived