Russian who tried to blow up Hua Hin ATM arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Russian who tried to blow up Hua Hin ATM arrested at Suvarnabhumi

a2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A twenty seven year old Russian man who tried to blow up an ATM in Hua Hin on Boxing Day was arrested as he tried to board a flight to his homeland yesterday.

Constantin Dolkov, a tourist who has been to Thailand four times, had run out of money for his hotel in Hua Hin Soi 88.

So he rented a pick-up and went to Pranburi to buy a gas canister and oxygen with the intention of blowing up the ATM outside the Hua Hin branch of the Prajuab Khiri Khan Land Department, reports Daily News.

a2a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The cash machine is in a quiet area and he thought he would not be disturbed. But after he had connected some pipes on Monday evening he was rumbled by a member of the public and obliged to flee the scene empty handed.

He dumped his equipment in the field opposite his hotel and quickly hired a taxi to take him to Suvarnabhumi Airport so he could take off back to Russia.

But police got wise to his plan and were ready to arrest him in the nick of time at the airport.

Speaking though an interpreter, and beside a lawyer, Constantin admitted what he had done. But he said in mitigation that he decided not to blow up an ATM outside a bank or a shop as it might injure someone. This was why he chose a quite spot with a stand alone ATM, he said.

Thai police said that he had entered Thailand on this visit on September 14th. They are contacting Interpol to see if the man has a record.

He was detained and being prepared for prosecution on charges not yet specified.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-29

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If undisturbed by the public would his plan have worked? Somehow the guy had a plan and I doubt he thought it up himself. So, I expect this is a new one for the BIB (me too) and the Russian will be release with a red stamp in his passport after explaining how the blowing up of the ATM was to be accomplished.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wait until the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin starts running in January.

Boat loads of "I just got out of prison looking people" will be visiting.

That's scary!.........it's exactly what I intended to do when I get out!

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wait until the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin starts running in January.

Boat loads of "I just got out of prison looking people" will be visiting.

Will they  be able to afford the  ferry fare? Keep in mind that these are people who chase all you can eat  99 baht buffets. They also chase questionably legal sex trade workers   in Boyztown and on walking street. They are in for a shock in Hua Hin; no visible  transvestite hookers, no  boiler rooms to work in, no hairless boys and girls to molest, no chain smokers with guts and yellowed false teeth like them, no one wearing thongs or wife beater singlets etc. The chavs, yobs, slobs and  mental cripples will feel as out of place in Hua Hina as they did back in their school days when no one wanted anything to do with them and girls laughed at them.  

The Russian came when he had money. Based upon his criminal act in Hua Hin, criminality is not out of character for him and I anticipate that his original  source of funds wasn't gained from   a reputable business undertaking.

Will they  be able to afford the  ferry fare? Keep in mind that these are people who chase all you can eat  99 baht buffets. They also chase questionably legal sex trade workers   in Boyztown and on walking street. They are in for a shock in Hua Hin; no visible  transvestite hookers, no  boiler rooms to work in, no hairless boys and girls to molest, no chain smokers with guts and yellowed false teeth like them, no one wearing thongs or wife beater singlets etc. The chavs, yobs, slobs and  mental cripples will feel as out of place in Hua Hina as they did back in their school days when no one wanted anything to do with them and girls laughed at them.  

You obviously dont frequent soi 80!!!!!!

1 hour ago, whatproblem said:

I don't think he was going to blow it up ,maybe use the torch to cut it open but the Thai police are not known for their brains 

There was a spate of ATM robberies in Sydney several years back where the method was to blow up the machine. There's a bit of an art to it, I believe, to ensure the money stays intact.

One group blew up their getaway car and had to decamp on foot!

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

Uhmmmm......he didn't do anything? Thinking of doing something.....planning to do something....preparing to do something......almost doing something.....but not doing it....adds up to not doing it!

Good point, he sounds like a dimwit and considered doing a dumb thing but didn't do anything. So if he's charged with a crime then what is that crime? He did not blow up an ATM, he did not rob an ATM, he did not damage an ATM. Maybe they'll charge him for being a dimwit.

Archived