Russian who tried to blow up Hua Hin ATM arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wait until the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin starts running in January.

Boat loads of "I just got out of prison looking people" will be visiting.

My concern as well.  From a selfish perspective, I'm hoping the new ferry plan goes the way of the last one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

If undisturbed by the public would his plan have worked? Somehow the guy had a plan and I doubt he thought it up himself. So, I expect this is a new one for the BIB (me too) and the Russian will be release with a red stamp in his passport after explaining how the blowing up of the ATM was to be accomplished.

I don't think he was going to blow it up, looks more like he was going to cut into it with a gas axe, however blowing it up sounds good.

3 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I don't think he was going to blow it up, looks more like he was going to cut into it with a gas axe, however blowing it up sounds good.

Again, going by memory here, but I think the method has something to do with filling the machine with gas and then igniting it.

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

If undisturbed by the public would his plan have worked? Somehow the guy had a plan and I doubt he thought it up himself. So, I expect this is a new one for the BIB (me too) and the Russian will be release with a red stamp in his passport after explaining how the blowing up of the ATM was to be accomplished.

is very easy to use gas to blow up anything . light the torch ,get a neutral flame and extingush it ,without turning the gas off . then just place the tip in any opening on the atm . the inside fills with the gas mixture and all you need then is a fuse . if done properly , there wouldnt be much left of the atm .

Into jail with you, you Russian girlfriend... he he  you won't sleep

very well tonight. Hmmmff  Hmmmff.  Hoe he spends time in

Thailand jail  then even more in a Russian jail.  yes  he did not

finish his  attempt.  Two  points  to consider.

1.  He was a tourist.

2,   He  was a Russian  tourist.  and you know  how much  every

country loves  Russia  these days

Geezer

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Will they  be able to afford the  ferry fare? Keep in mind that these are people who chase all you can eat  99 baht buffets. They also chase questionably legal sex trade workers   in Boyztown and on walking street. They are in for a shock in Hua Hin; no visible  transvestite hookers, no  boiler rooms to work in, no hairless boys and girls to molest, no chain smokers with guts and yellowed false teeth like them, no one wearing thongs or wife beater singlets etc. The chavs, yobs, slobs and  mental cripples will feel as out of place in Hua Hina as they did back in their school days when no one wanted anything to do with them and girls laughed at them.  

The Russian came when he had money. Based upon his criminal act in Hua Hin, criminality is not out of character for him and I anticipate that his original  source of funds wasn't gained from   a reputable business undertaking.

Now that is the sort of rant to end the year on.

Nice one ;-}

3 hours ago, The man from udon said:

He had enough money to buy bomb making equipment,rent a pick up and enough to get a ticket home?

Yeah but he wanted to stay for a longer time and probably had a hotel bill due, not to mention the spending money he would need for the next months.  And since he was there since September, I wonder what Visa he had. 

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Will they  be able to afford the  ferry fare? Keep in mind that these are people who chase all you can eat  99 baht buffets. They also chase questionably legal sex trade workers   in Boyztown and on walking street. They are in for a shock in Hua Hin; no visible  transvestite hookers, no  boiler rooms to work in, no hairless boys and girls to molest, no chain smokers with guts and yellowed false teeth like them, no one wearing thongs or wife beater singlets etc. The chavs, yobs, slobs and  mental cripples will feel as out of place in Hua Hina as they did back in their school days when no one wanted anything to do with them and girls laughed at them.  

The Russian came when he had money. Based upon his criminal act in Hua Hin, criminality is not out of character for him and I anticipate that his original  source of funds wasn't gained from   a reputable business undertaking.

I was of the impression that Hua Hin lacked that "special" something.

Thanks to your rant, one particular response to it (and a little bit of online research) I now know that I was mistaken.

On behalf of all those who may have been similarly misinformed I would like to say thank you.

I believe, HH also has very nice beaches?

Maybe I am wrong, but this article does not report if the ATM was exploded. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He dumped his equipment in the field opposite his hotel and quickly hired a taxi to take him to Suvarnabhumi Airport so he could take off back to Russia.

So why did he do that if he had money enough for this equipment - roughly 3000 Bhat- tax I think-, gears to and fro and to the airport another1000+ 5000 from Hua Hin  to Suvarnabhumi at least, and the flight ticket to Russia. So he must have had about 10K Baht just to dump his equipment opposite to an ATM. 

6 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Uhmmmm......he didn't do anything? Thinking of doing something.....planning to do something....preparing to do something......almost doing something.....but not doing it....adds up to not doing it!

Bomb making?

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Wonder where in Pranburi he got the gas? I want a canister of helium gas, fitted with the valve, etc but have yet to track down a local supplier in the Hua Hin area. Any info from members appreciated.

I got helium from the airport weather station when I was working in Pago Pago American Samoa to blow up balloons for a kids party.

Find the weather station and ask them, someone supplies it, maybe a Thai selling helium filled flying toys might know.

8 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Uhmmmm......he didn't do anything? Thinking of doing something.....planning to do something....preparing to do something......almost doing something.....but not doing it....adds up to not doing it!

going prepared is an offence

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wait until the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin starts running in January.

Boat loads of "I just got out of prison looking people" will be visiting.

Ohhh nooo damn it. 

Archived