French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

webfact

French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1482981461_1-org.jpg

The woman was banned from re-entering the Kingdom for five years as she did not surrender herself to officials. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- A French woman living in Phuket was deported from the Kingdom of Thailand on Tuesday (Dec 27) after being found to have overstayed her tourist visa by 103 days.

The woman has also been banned from re-entering the Kingdom for five years as she did not surrender herself to officials.

The 47-year-old Catherine Laurence Bardot, was arrested by Immigration Police and officials from Phuket Provincial Employment Office while riding a horse at the Cooling Horse House on Krong Cheap Thepkrasattri Rd in Thalang District on December 21, police confirmed.

Lt Chitsanut Juthichai, an Investigator from the Phuket Immigration Office, told The Phuket News yesterday (Dec 28), “A French woman was deported out of country yesterday after we found her while she was riding a horse at 7:30pm on Dec 21.

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-29

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Wow I thought that a 5 year ban would only be done if you had overstayed a lot more then 103 days. I guess I was wrong. 

Ha. That's because they had to chase her riding that horse. They resented the effort required to nab her. She did not have the courtesy to surrender herself at the local office.

33 minutes ago, robblok said:

Wow I thought that a 5 year ban would only be done if you had overstayed a lot more then 103 days. I guess I was wrong. 

According to the rules, overstay less than one year and apprehended means a 5 year ban. If she would have given herself up it would have been a 1 year ban.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

According to the rules, overstay less than one year and apprehended means a 5 year ban. If she would have given herself up it would have been a 1 year ban.

Stevenl, that must have been my mistake. I thought about the overstay if you give yourself up. I confused the 2.

Quote - A French woman was deported out of country yesterday after we found her while she was riding a horse at 7:30pm on Dec 21.

7.30 at night, immigration police are working in Phuket. After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

I've heard many rumours whilst being over here that if you peev off the wrong person this very thing can happen. Oh and by the way this works both ways. If you help the right person a mistake can be overlooked.

9 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Quote - A French woman was deported out of country yesterday after we found her while she was riding a horse at 7:30pm on Dec 21.

7.30 at night, immigration police are working in Phuket. After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

I've heard many rumours whilst being over here that if you peev off the wrong person this very thing can happen. Oh and by the way this works both ways. If you help the right person a mistake can be overlooked.

Yawn...

10 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

That is a common human trait and it happens everywhere, not just in Thailand .

If you upset someone, they may take retribution 

47 minutes ago, Ratcher said:

Rules are rules. Furthermore, I think they will get tighter in future. Stay within the Law or face the consequences.

LOS ,  is  getting  more  selective , about time .

Chancers  beware ,  go  elsewhere .

1 hour ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

That will teach her! What about the horse, did it get expelled too!? :giggle: Sorry, I couldn't hesitate..... Hope she can ride as much as she wants in France.

Well she can ride it home, should be summer by the time she & the horse gets there.

7 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

O la la!

Throw away the old passport, and get a new passport with a spelling mistake. Pas du problem. :partytime2:

I'm not so sure that works. I know a German guy who was deported years ago for a Work Permit violation. Was a life ban. I know that he has tried to re-enter Thailand as he has strong links  here. Refused twice even with a changed name (legal name change in Germany) ... refused ...

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is a common human trait and it happens everywhere, not just in Thailand .

If you upset someone, they may take retribution 

yes but Thais are masters at it and i have seen it in action, very vindictive! 

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

So they can find a woman riding a horse in the dark but struggle with locating a monk in his Wat during the day :)

Is the monk an illegal foreigner or working without workpermit? Or is there another reason why immigration police or employment office should be on the lookout for him?

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

If they ban thousands it will have zero impact on the Thai economy, nada, none!

Absolute rot and an ill informed guess unless you know exactly how each one of these 'thousands' would spend their money individually. 

If this lass was, for example, providing for a beach bum boyfriend and his family who now see their cash cow/income source removed for five years, I'd say that might have an impact on the economy no matter how small. 

Why bother posting if all, you can post is nonsense....?

Amazing how there are always some well intentioned individuals who consider it very important to keep an eye on people and their visa so they can report a possible overstay. 

Clearly, that's how they found her too. 

Just now, Merylhighground said:

Absolute rot and an ill informed guess unless you know exactly how each one of these 'thousands' would spend their money individually. 

If this lass was, for example, providing for a beach bum boyfriend and his family who now see their cash cow/income source removed for five years, I'd say that might have an impact on the economy no matter how small. 

Why bother posting if all, you can post is nonsense....?

The GDP of Thailand is circa USD 396 billion or THB 12,915 billion.

The average tourist spends 5,142 baht per day.

You do the math smart guy and tell me it's not so!

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism-income-Thailand.asp

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/gdp

4 hours ago, SneekyPete said:

Ha. That's because they had to chase her riding that horse. They resented the effort required to nab her. She did not have the courtesy to surrender herself at the local office.

She should have been riding FRANKEL

Archived