French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

webfact

10 minutes ago, Shot said:

^^They are but wouldn't most if not all or more of that be spent on apprehending, holding and deporting the perp?

You're assuming any number of things, but the main one is that the majority are apprehended, held and deported. However there is no direct relationship in tax practice between the taxes a person pays and the benefits they may receive - that's the whole point of taxation. It's the basis of that well-known cry "I've paid my taxes all my life but I'm not getting the pension". There's no cause-and-effect between what's paid and how it's applied at the personal level.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They sure don't pay personal tax, VAT? They need a registered company for that.

Picking up my latest receipt from Starbucks I can see I paid a total of 110 baht and there's an amount 7.20 baht described as VAT, and a Net TTL amount of 102.80 baht. Does that answer your question?

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They sure don't pay personal tax, VAT? They need a registered company for that.

"VAT? They need a registered company for that." - this post gets the first TV laugh for 2017 award.  :cheesy:

Frits, next time you go to 7/11 or Family Mart to buy something, have a look at your receipt. 

23 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"VAT? They need a registered company for that." - this post gets the first TV laugh for 2017 award.  :cheesy:

Frits, next time you go to 7/11 or Family Mart to buy something, have a look at your receipt. 

The French woman had a horse riding school, she should pay VAT too. So I speak from a company perspective.

21 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

27 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Picking up my latest receipt from Starbucks I can see I paid a total of 110 baht and there's an amount 7.20 baht described as VAT, and a Net TTL amount of 102.80 baht. Does that answer your question?

So you pay VAT while shopping and you  legit now, what a joke

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I'm not saying she was "legit." 

YOU said only companies pay VAT - FAIL. 

I know.  I know.  Your Thai missus pays VAT, but you don't.  Right?   :biggrin:

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

That's not the issue at all. Legit, illegit, ex-pat, local - everyone is a VAT taxpayer whenever they buy anything through a cash register. That's the economic fact. Whether they're working in the cash economy, dealing drugs, receiving money from abroad or are a wage earner is a legal status. Nothing to do with whether they pay tax

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2016 at 1:51 PM, sanemax said:

That is a common human trait and it happens everywhere, not just in Thailand .

If you upset someone, they may take retribution 

The retribution being in the form of having someone deported and banned is not so common though, right?

11 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

If you pay any more than a nominal amount of personal tax in Thailand, you are crazy.

Oh, it's crazy to have a good job, I see.  If you earn between 1 and 4 million (don't worry I know you don't) you pay 30%.

5 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Oh, it's crazy to have a good job, I see.  If you earn between 1 and 4 million (don't worry I know you don't) you pay 30%.

He should be taxed twice- once for being bitter and again for being twisted, lol. Supertax- one baht for every chip on his shoulder.

Archived