French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

You do the math smart guy and tell me it's not so!

No need to do any 'math' to dismiss your earlier ludicrous claim as nonsense, for as to say the banning of thousands' would have no impact on the economy without you knowing anything of the individual cases involved.

It doesn't require any 'math', only seemingly some incredible insider knowledge you seem to possess, as to how every tourist and their spending goes in Thailand....even if it is only 5000B a day....

Do you stand outside the airport asking every tourist exactly how they spent every baht as they leave to give you the supreme insight as to how little an impact they may have had on the economy during their stay?

Maybe you need to get off your high horse and try meet some folks dependent on tourist income for their living before spouting such drivel (but I suppose you dine nightly with the Minister of Tourism or the head of TAT.....)

6 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

That will teach her! What about the horse, did it get expelled too!? :giggle: Sorry, I couldn't hesitate..... Hope she can ride as much as she wants in France.

No, the horse had enough sense to have a work permit.

Just now, Merylhighground said:

No need to do any 'math' to dismiss your earlier ludicrous claim as nonsense, for as to say the banning of thousands' would have no impact on the economy without you knowing anything of the individual cases involved.

It doesn't require any 'math', only seemingly some incredible insider knowledge you seem to possess, as to how every tourist and their spending goes in Thailand....even if it is only 5000B a day....

Do you stand outside the airport asking every tourist exactly how they spent every baht as they leave to give you the supreme insight as to how little an impact they may have had on the economy during their stay?

Maybe you need to get off your high horse and try meet some folks dependent on tourist income for their living before spouting such drivel (but I suppose you dine nightly with the Minister of Tourism or the head of TAT.....)

No need for insider knowledge, TAT gives out the numbers so I gave you their figures - but of course if you don't understand average spend or are too lazy to even open the link and look, feel free to have yet another bad tempered rant.

Until now I thought the only thing a French person did with horses was eat them.   Though I do seem to recall some fuss over Bardot and some people hiring Donkeys to ride.

I do feel sorry for her though as any person who has set up a life here as she had must have a lot of people she cares for here.

1 minute ago, harrry said:

Until now I thought the only thing a French person did with horses was eat them.   Though I do seem to recall some fuss over Bardot and some people hiring Donkeys to ride.

1 minute ago, harrry said:

They also eat Rabbit and Pigeons...

Miss Bardot is into Animal Rights and has been for quite some years, I applaud her, as she says what she thinks,, which does not go down well with the French..

Alors....Viva Miss Bardot....

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Quote - A French woman was deported out of country yesterday after we found her while she was riding a horse at 7:30pm on Dec 21.

7.30 at night, immigration police are working in Phuket. After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

I've heard many rumours whilst being over here that if you peev off the wrong person this very thing can happen. Oh and by the way this works both ways. If you help the right person a mistake can be overlooked.

Overstaying 103 days Is NOT a mistake.  It's a wilful disregard for the laws of Thailand.

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Quote - A French woman was deported out of country yesterday after we found her while she was riding a horse at 7:30pm on Dec 21.

7.30 at night, immigration police are working in Phuket. After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

I've heard many rumours whilst being over here that if you peev off the wrong person this very thing can happen. Oh and by the way this works both ways. If you help the right person a mistake can be overlooked.

If she is so well connected....why the hell did she overstay and not bother to follow the rules?

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

So they can find a woman riding a horse in the dark but struggle with locating a monk in his Wat during the day :)

Strange isn't it, maybe they find some jobs less taxing than others, at least we can safely say that they nicked her on her horse with maybe a few less cops than the 2000 they have for the mad monk!

The key to this story is here: "The 47-year-old Catherine Laurence Bardot, was arrested by Immigration Police and officials from Phuket Provincial Employment Office". She worked in another province that I know of, WP status at that time unknown. She may have gotten off easy...

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

So they can find a woman riding a horse in the dark but struggle with locating a monk in his Wat during the day :)

Thats because they all look the same, Orange slapheads

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

No need for insider knowledge, TAT gives out the numbers so I gave you their figures - but of course if you don't understand average spend or are too lazy to even open the link and look, feel free to have yet another bad tempered rant.

to be fair 5000 a day is far more than most of us spend who live here!  150,000 a month and I know loads of Thais who WILL suffer greatly if these tourists don't come

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

to be fair 5000 a day is far more than most of us spend who live here!  150,000 a month and I know loads of Thais who WILL suffer greatly if these tourists don't come

I'll write a note to TAT today advising no further removals of foreigners from Thailand because the cost impact on the native population is detrimental, are you for real!

Well if she still wants to come back in 5 years she will be 52 and  she can get a retirement visa. If she marries a Thai guy can get a marriage visa  and work with horses with a WP or as a woman can become a Thai citizen in a little over  a year.

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow I thought that a 5 year ban would only be done if you had overstayed a lot more then 103 days. I guess I was wrong. 

Different way to make it. If you go to immigration by you self. Then the punishment lower. If the police arresting you. You will have much harder punishment. 

I don't know! I still think a 5 year ban on a person for no crime committed other than an Overstay is too strict. I think a Fine, and increase that if you have to, would be better option for this kind of Offense. 

No doubt what she did was against the law, but so is speeding. In my own personal view a speeder on a highway zooming by me at 150 kilometers per hour is more of a danger to me and everyone else, then a French Woman riding a horse.

Again if they made it easier for people to stay here, even even if they have to prove they have sufficient funds in the bank every 90 days, what take a lot of this Overstay away.   

8 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Yes, it's called nepotism and corruption...

On 29/12/2016 at 0:58 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Monks reaching the 3rd Jana (the level of deep meditation) achieved clairvoyance and could hear you talking about him from a long distance away.

But this Dhamakaya or whatever he calls himself looks very much like a fake monk to me. I don't think he reached any Jana at all.

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

Indeed she did.  Quite possibly it was the rival horse owner in Phuket who manages to rub everyone up the wrong way (no names mentioned - hehe).

Archived