BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

48 minutes ago, NoBrains said:

1 less (Tourist) bring cash into Thailand, how many per year they Ban ?

Yes, very likely that a French tourist was banned in cooperation with the employment office.

47 minutes ago, Ratcher said:

Rules are rules. Furthermore, I think they will get tighter in future. Stay within the Law or face the consequences.

LOS ,  is  getting  more  selective , about time .

Chancers  beware ,  go  elsewhere .

Blatant discrimination.............good "guys" in bad "guys" out, shes isnt a "guy"

1 hour ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

That will teach her! What about the horse, did it get expelled too!? :giggle: Sorry, I couldn't hesitate..... Hope she can ride as much as she wants in France.

Well she can ride it home, should be summer by the time she & the horse gets there.

7 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

O la la!

Throw away the old passport, and get a new passport with a spelling mistake. Pas du problem. :partytime2:

I'm not so sure that works. I know a German guy who was deported years ago for a Work Permit violation. Was a life ban. I know that he has tried to re-enter Thailand as he has strong links  here. Refused twice even with a changed name (legal name change in Germany) ... refused ...

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is a common human trait and it happens everywhere, not just in Thailand .

If you upset someone, they may take retribution 

yes but Thais are masters at it and i have seen it in action, very vindictive! 

So they can find a woman riding a horse in the dark but struggle with locating a monk in his Wat during the day :)

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

So they can find a woman riding a horse in the dark but struggle with locating a monk in his Wat during the day :)

Is the monk an illegal foreigner or working without workpermit? Or is there another reason why immigration police or employment office should be on the lookout for him?

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

If they ban thousands it will have zero impact on the Thai economy, nada, none!

Absolute rot and an ill informed guess unless you know exactly how each one of these 'thousands' would spend their money individually. 

If this lass was, for example, providing for a beach bum boyfriend and his family who now see their cash cow/income source removed for five years, I'd say that might have an impact on the economy no matter how small. 

Why bother posting if all, you can post is nonsense....?

Amazing how there are always some well intentioned individuals who consider it very important to keep an eye on people and their visa so they can report a possible overstay. 

Clearly, that's how they found her too. 

Just now, Merylhighground said:

Absolute rot and an ill informed guess unless you know exactly how each one of these 'thousands' would spend their money individually. 

If this lass was, for example, providing for a beach bum boyfriend and his family who now see their cash cow/income source removed for five years, I'd say that might have an impact on the economy no matter how small. 

Why bother posting if all, you can post is nonsense....?

The GDP of Thailand is circa USD 396 billion or THB 12,915 billion.

The average tourist spends 5,142 baht per day.

You do the math smart guy and tell me it's not so!

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism-income-Thailand.asp

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/gdp

4 hours ago, SneekyPete said:

Ha. That's because they had to chase her riding that horse. They resented the effort required to nab her. She did not have the courtesy to surrender herself at the local office.

She should have been riding FRANKEL