French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mansell said:

If as it says she was posting on Facebook, then she probably pissed somebody off with some clout. A low profile can keep you under the radar.....hopefully.

Memo to self: Get rid of the horse asap.

If as it says she was posting on Facebook, then she probably pissed somebody off with some clout.

Or someone with a grudge?

14 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

That will teach her! What about the horse, did it get expelled too!? :giggle: Sorry, I couldn't hesitate..... Hope she can ride as much as she wants in France.

It was the horse that dobbed her in!

14 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I'm not so sure that works. I know a German guy who was deported years ago for a Work Permit violation. Was a life ban. I know that he has tried to re-enter Thailand as he has strong links  here. Refused twice even with a changed name (legal name change in Germany) ... refused ...

face recognition system maybe, thats why they take pictures also :ph34r:

9 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I don't know! I still think a 5 year ban on a person for no crime committed other than an Overstay is too strict. I think a Fine, and increase that if you have to, would be better option for this kind of Offense. 

No doubt what she did was against the law, but so is speeding. In my own personal view a speeder on a highway zooming by me at 150 kilometers per hour is more of a danger to me and everyone else, then a French Woman riding a horse.

Again if they made it easier for people to stay here, even even if they have to prove they have sufficient funds in the bank every 90 days, what take a lot of this Overstay away.   

But there was a crime committed, she was working illegally.

9 hours ago, IslandLover said:

After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

Indeed she did.  Quite possibly it was the rival horse owner in Phuket who manages to rub everyone up the wrong way (no names mentioned - hehe).

The comments section in the link is interesting

http://www.thephuketnews.com/french-woman-deported-for-phuket-overstay-banned-for-five-years-60419.php#zZl0Up7Fo4BEpOXg.97

48 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There were in fact two horses (previously) owned by Ms. Bardot involved in this sorry saga.  One of them is actually pictured on the facebook page of the stables where Ms. Bardot was arrested.  It is true that both horses were sadly subject to neglect but the situation led to a nasty feud between two people.  There is more to this story than meets the eye.

So she came to immigration's attention through facebook? Does this mean the Thai govt is trolling through the facebook pages of farang here? Or did I miss something?  Basically, I am curious how she came to anyone's attention...

46 minutes ago, hdkane said:

So she came to immigration's attention through facebook? Does this mean the Thai govt is trolling through the facebook pages of farang here? Or did I miss something?  Basically, I am curious how she came to anyone's attention...

So you don't think that people from the Thai gov and military are not reading through social media .... dream on

57 minutes ago, hdkane said:

Good chance it was a dob-in.

One of the more common methods for overstayers and illegal workers to come to the attention of authorities is when they upset someone who knows their situation.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

But there was a crime committed, she was working illegally.

I am sorry but I have never see it written anywhere that she was working illegally. So how did you come to this conclusion?

All that I can see what it says was she was banned from Thailand for 5 years for her Overstay. She was caught while riding a horse at a Horse Ranch, which many people do for fun and don't require a Work Permit to do.

If you have inside information, please do share.  

3 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I am sorry but I have never see it written anywhere that she was working illegally. So how did you come to this conclusion?

All that I can see what it says was she was banned from Thailand for 5 years for her Overstay. She was caught while riding a horse at a Horse Ranch, which many people do for fun and don't require a Work Permit to do.

See post #72 for a clue.

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

See post #72 for a clue.

Yes, I read this before. 

So just because the Immigration Officer was with an Employment Officer when she was arrested for an Overstay while riding a horse you assume she was working illegally? Well, maybe she was? But it certainly doesn't say she was, which I would think they would mention that, so I don't assume anything like that.

All we know for sure was that she was arrested, deported, and banned, for her Overstay. 

35 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Yes, I read this before. 

So just because the Immigration Officer was with an Employment Officer when she was arrested for an Overstay while riding a horse you assume she was working illegally? Well, maybe she was? But it certainly doesn't say she was, which I would think they would mention that, so I don't assume anything like that.

All we know for sure was that she was arrested, deported, and banned, for her Overstay. 

In post #44 I did allude to the FACT that she was working in another province recently, and had to vacate that riding business and province. 'Nuf said. 

this makes not much sense...if she know influental prople she might be of wealth and education herself ( 2 things that mostly is missing in ur classical overstayer ) easy for her to get a one year visa or even an elite visa / with money she must have cause horse riding is an expensive sport in most places.....so i dont get it 

Yes, I read this before. 

Of course working illegally is not mentioned. Just put down overstay, ban her, end of story. Much easier than any other way of dealing with this.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

10 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

There was tittle-tattle that she was giving people riding lessons.  Presumably she was paid for her services.  That's employment in my book.

9 hours ago, mikebike said:

In post #44 I did allude to the FACT that she was working in another province recently, and had to vacate that riding business and province. 'Nuf said. 

What you said in post #44 was:

"She worked in another province that I know of, WP status at that time unknown." 

So when you said unknown it was not a Fact anymore but just your guess. 

Nuf said.

6 hours ago, free123 said:

this makes not much sense...if she know influental prople she might be of wealth and education herself ( 2 things that mostly is missing in ur classical overstayer ) easy for her to get a one year visa or even an elite visa / with money she must have cause horse riding is an expensive sport in most places.....so i dont get it 

She had intended to return to Europe months ago and sold both her horses (although only recently, I understand).  They were purebred Lusitanos.  Unfortunately she had been accused of neglect of those two horses which made her a few enemies.  I also don't think Ms. Bardot had the funds to remain in Thailand for very long.

3 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

What you said in post #44 was:

"She worked in another province that I know of, WP status at that time unknown." 

So when you said unknown it was not a Fact anymore but just your guess. 

Nuf said.

She previously worked in Khanom.  That is a known fact.

Archived