French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

webfact

8 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

There was tittle-tattle that she was giving people riding lessons.  Presumably she was paid for her services.  That's employment in my book.

That tittle-tattle is not employment in anyone's books! That is Gossip and a Rumor!

When the day comes we start convicting people on rumors and gossip, we are back to Witch Hunting again in the Middle Ages. If she was caught working I am pretty sure they would have said so. Or at least have no reason to hide this information from us. If you can prove otherwise then by all means do so.   

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

By who? Or was this the post with WP Unknown?

Do you want to take a vote here and find out how many people knew that from this headline? 

You are obviously trolling, but here's the proof:  https://www.facebook.com/khanomhorsetour/

This is the facebook page of the riding stable in Khanom where she worked previously.  There are many photos of Ms. Bardot and her two Lusitanos, which she had brought to Thailand from Europe, on that page.  You can deny that she was "working" all you like, but I know differently.

I cannot disagree with the allegations of neglect that have been levelled at her.  I am a horse lover and the photos don't lie :sad:.

34 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

That tittle-tattle is not employment in anyone's books! That is Gossip and a Rumor!

When the day comes we start convicting people on rumors and gossip, we are back to Witch Hunting again in the Middle Ages. If she was caught working I am pretty sure they would have said so. Or at least have no reason to hide this information from us. If you can prove otherwise then by all means do so.   

"Witch Hunting"?  You got it in one!  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, IslandLover said:

You are obviously trolling, but here's the proof:  https://www.facebook.com/khanomhorsetour/

This is the facebook page of the riding stable in Khanom where she worked previously.  There are many photos of Ms. Bardot and her two Lusitanos, which she had brought to Thailand from Europe, on that page.  You can deny that she was "working" all you like, but I know differently.

I cannot disagree with the allegations of neglect that have been levelled at her.  I am a horse lover and the photos don't lie :sad:.

Who said it is against the law to work in Thailand?

Don't tell us she was importing horses and working, therefore guilty. 

Show me a copy or any proof that she didn't have Work Permit to do this, and thus working illegally and without a WP? 

You don't know this for sure do you?

But you have no problem Tarring and Feathering someone else on this lack of evidence and your knowledge. 

I am not Trolling anyone! It is you who is so sure, so then why not prove it? I heard through the Grape Vine! The Rumor is! The Guy down the street said! The talk of the town is!

Are you here to start some Gossip Column or produce some real facts?

I am sorry but I have never see it written anywhere that she was working illegally. So how did you come to this conclusion?

All that I can see what it says was she was banned from Thailand for 5 years for her Overstay. She was caught while riding a horse at a Horse Ranch, which many people do for fun and don't require a Work Permit to do.

If you have inside information, please do share.  

Let me dumb it down for you.
French lady was known to be giving horse riding lessons using her horse. No work permit or valid visa.
I guess someone tipped immigration off to this violation.
Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Who said it is against the law to work in Thailand?

Don't tell us she was importing horses and working, therefore guilty. 

Show me a copy or any proof that she didn't have Work Permit to do this, and thus working illegally and without a WP? 

You don't know this for sure do you?

But you have no problem Tarring and Feathering someone else on this lack of evidence and your knowledge. 

I am not Trolling anyone! It is you who is so sure, so then why not prove it? I heard through the Grape Vine! The Rumor is! The Guy down the street said! The talk of the town is!

Are you here to start some Gossip Column or produce some real facts?

Gossip Column?  I got it straight from the horse's mouth :tongue:

Hard to get a WP when you don't have a current visa/permit.

Member GOLDBUGGY seems to have a distain for Immigration laws involving overstayers. He started a thread on the subject a couple of years back. He's one of the brigade who think people should be allowed to stay as long as they like, where they like, without being hassled by the authorities. He received a lot of very good responses in favour of the rule of law in that thread. He appears to be again trying to stir the pot.

As someone who is required to meet strict financial and reporting conditions just to get a 12 month extension, I'm glad there is a crackdown on the freeloaders.

8 hours ago, sebastion said:

Let me dumb it down for you.
French lady was known to be giving horse riding lessons using her horse. No work permit or valid visa.
I guess someone tipped immigration off to this violation.
Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Well you must have x-ray eyes as I sure didn't see that in this Topics Headline. But by all means post a Credible Source which says what you just said and we will all can gain some knowledge that isn't written in the Headline Topic.

But if all you have is rumor, gossip, and B.S. then save me the trouble as I can find that anywhere.  

Well you must have x-ray eyes as I sure didn't see that in this Topics Headline. But by all means post a Credible Source which says what you just said and we will all can gain some knowledge that isn't written in the Headline Topic.

But if all you have is rumor, gossip, and B.S. then save me the trouble as I can find that anywhere.  

I'm French and have been here for numerous years. I also deal with the consulate on a regular basis being a GM of a major Phuket hotel.
Make of that what you will.
No gossip, just reality.

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Hard to get a WP when you don't have a current visa/permit.

Member GOLDBUGGY seems to have a distain for Immigration laws involving overstayers. He started a thread on the subject a couple of years back. He's one of the brigade who think people should be allowed to stay as long as they like, where they like, without being hassled by the authorities. He received a lot of very good responses in favour of the rule of law in that thread. He appears to be again trying to stir the pot.

As someone who is required to meet strict financial and reporting conditions just to get a 12 month extension, I'm glad there is a crackdown on the freeloaders.

Well I do agree that by Overstaying you are breaking the law, and as such some form of punishment should be metered out as a result of that. But whether or not I agree to banning someone for 5 years because they Overstayed 3 months, I am not so sure of. Especially when they have not committed any other crimes. I thought the Fine System before worked pretty good and brought in extra money. 

I mean if you are Overstaying and also involved is some other criminal activity, or working here illegally, then by all means this person should be hauled away and Black Listed for 5 years. I am not against that. But then these rules have always been in place before, so nothing has really changed there in this regard. 

Maybe it is just that I don't see the big deal or seriousness about someone coming here, not breaking any other law other than Overstaying. and living off of his own funds. But right away you get people saying that people who Overstaying have other forms of criminal activity going on. But I say that if the come here to break the law and have some form of criminal activity going on, they plan to Overstay and Break the Law before they even get off the airplane. So it make no difference to them.  

I am not saying that I approve of Overstaying anymore than I approve someone riding a motor bike without a helmet, or speeding. But they don't throw these people in jail for that and Black List them for 5 years. They make them pay a Fine. This was the system in place for Overstaying before, and I really don't understand the need to change that. But it s the law and should be followed.  So don't Overstay.  

Well I do agree that by Overstaying you are breaking the law, and as such some form of punishment should be metered out as a result of that. But whether or not I agree to banning someone for 5 years because they Overstayed 3 months, I am not so sure of. Especially when they have not committed any other crimes. I thought the Fine System before worked pretty good and brought in extra money. 

I mean if you are Overstaying and also involved is some other criminal activity, or working here illegally, then by all means this person should be hauled away and Black Listed for 5 years. I am not against that. But then these rules have always been in place before, so nothing has really changed there in this regard. 

Maybe it is just that I don't see the big deal or seriousness about someone coming here, not breaking any other law other than Overstaying. and living off of his own funds. But right away you get people saying that people who Overstaying have other forms of criminal activity going on. But I say that if the come here to break the law and have some form of criminal activity going on, they plan to Overstay and Break the Law before they even get off the airplane. So it make no difference to them.  

I am not saying that I approve of Overstaying anymore than I approve someone riding a motor bike without a helmet, or speeding. But they don't throw these people in jail for that and Black List them for 5 years. They make them pay a Fine. This was the system in place for Overstaying before, and I really don't understand the need to change that. But it s the law and should be followed.  So don't Overstay.  

Right. All of that is not the case here, where she was working illegally.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I cannot disagree with the allegations of neglect that have been levelled at her.  I am a horse lover and the photos don't lie

... Which may be why someone, (possibly a horse-lover) 'shopped' her to immigration, if indeed that happened.

10 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I am not saying that I approve of Overstaying anymore than I approve someone riding a motor bike without a helmet, or speeding. But they don't throw these people in jail for that and Black List them for 5 years. They make them pay a Fine.

This comparison is preposterous. In every country, breaking Immigration law is a much more serious offense than a minor traffic violation. :coffee1:

11 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Maybe it is just that I don't see the big deal or seriousness about someone coming here, not breaking any other law other than Overstaying. and living off of his own funds.

Sorry, I don't believe any overstayers are "Independently Wealthy" and just accidently overstayed their permit. People who actually have money maintain their legality in a country.

People with funds who want to stay long term in Thailand have little trouble border hopping and staying legal. They make it very easy here.

Overstayers don't have funds, they tend to be sponging off someone, working illegally or involved in criminal activity.

11 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I am not saying that I approve of Overstaying anymore than I approve someone riding a motor bike without a helmet, or speeding. But they don't throw these people in jail for that and Black List them for 5 years. They make them pay a Fine.

Paying a fine for overstaying, equivalent to the one for riding without a helmet, is ludicrous and obviously not a deterrent. The overstayer would continue to reap the reward of living in a foreign country, and continue to break the Law.

Overstayers, with very few exceptions, DO NOT help the local economy.

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Where's your evidence to the contrary?

If someone is living in a location they spend money locally in order to survive - unless your argument is that over-stayers are also importing their own food, clothing, lodgings, utiliies etc. All of these things contribute to the local economy

1 minute ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

If someone is living in a location they spend money locally in order to survive - unless your argument is that over-stayers are also importing their own food, clothing, lodgings, utiliies etc. All of these things contribute to the local economy

Did you actually read my post?

3 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I quoted from it didn't I? You are confusing someone's legal status with their economic contribution. There is no relationship between the two

Did you read this line?

"Overstayers don't have funds, they tend to be sponging off someone, working illegally or involved in criminal activity"

I have extensive knowledge and experience of the subject. You are the one who is confused.

25 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Did you read this line?

"Overstayers don't have funds, they tend to be sponging off someone, working illegally or involved in criminal activity"

I have extensive knowledge and experience of the subject. You are the one who is confused.

So what you're saying is that spending other people's money or criminal activity or working illegally don't contribute to the local economy when the gains from those activities are spent?

When your assertion that funds begged, borrowed or stolen from within an economy assists that economy by being spent there, you leave little room to believe anything else.

Your version of logic is well divorced from mine.

Archived