BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

French woman deported for Phuket overstay, banned for five years

8 hours ago, Deli said:

The horse tipped the BiB' off, sure.

Someone did, and it wasn't the horse :smile:

4 hours ago, Mansell said:

If as it says she was posting on Facebook, then she probably pissed somebody off with some clout. A low profile can keep you under the radar.....hopefully.

Memo to self: Get rid of the horse asap.

If as it says she was posting on Facebook, then she probably pissed somebody off with some clout.

Or someone with a grudge?

9 hours ago, chiang mai said:

If they ban thousands it will have zero impact on the Thai economy, nada, none!

I'm not sure you understand economics.

9 hours ago, NoBrains said:

1 less (Tourist) bring cash into Thailand, how many per year they Ban ?

How much money was this Catherine Laurence Bardot bringing into Thailand?

2 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I'm not sure you understand economics.

Go read Post 29 and see if I don't!

9 hours ago, Generalchaos said:

If she is so well connected....why the hell did she overstay and not bother to follow the rules?

Because she's stupid??  Just wild speculation though.

14 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

That will teach her! What about the horse, did it get expelled too!? :giggle: Sorry, I couldn't hesitate..... Hope she can ride as much as she wants in France.

It was the horse that dobbed her in!

14 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I'm not so sure that works. I know a German guy who was deported years ago for a Work Permit violation. Was a life ban. I know that he has tried to re-enter Thailand as he has strong links  here. Refused twice even with a changed name (legal name change in Germany) ... refused ...

face recognition system maybe, thats why they take pictures also :ph34r:

9 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I don't know! I still think a 5 year ban on a person for no crime committed other than an Overstay is too strict. I think a Fine, and increase that if you have to, would be better option for this kind of Offense. 

No doubt what she did was against the law, but so is speeding. In my own personal view a speeder on a highway zooming by me at 150 kilometers per hour is more of a danger to me and everyone else, then a French Woman riding a horse.

Again if they made it easier for people to stay here, even even if they have to prove they have sufficient funds in the bank every 90 days, what take a lot of this Overstay away.   

But there was a crime committed, she was working illegally.

9 hours ago, IslandLover said:

After looking through Cathy's facebook page with list of influencial figures from phuket as friends of hers. I would suggest that maybe she has rubbed someone the wrong way.

Indeed she did.  Quite possibly it was the rival horse owner in Phuket who manages to rub everyone up the wrong way (no names mentioned - hehe).

The comments section in the link is interesting

http://www.thephuketnews.com/french-woman-deported-for-phuket-overstay-banned-for-five-years-60419.php#zZl0Up7Fo4BEpOXg.97

48 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There were in fact two horses (previously) owned by Ms. Bardot involved in this sorry saga.  One of them is actually pictured on the facebook page of the stables where Ms. Bardot was arrested.  It is true that both horses were sadly subject to neglect but the situation led to a nasty feud between two people.  There is more to this story than meets the eye.

10 hours ago, IslandLover said:

Indeed she did.  Quite possibly it was the rival horse owner in Phuket who manages to rub everyone up the wrong way (no names mentioned - hehe).

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Not a very sweet thing to do, eh?

So she came to immigration's attention through facebook? Does this mean the Thai govt is trolling through the facebook pages of farang here? Or did I miss something?  Basically, I am curious how she came to anyone's attention...

46 minutes ago, hdkane said:

So she came to immigration's attention through facebook? Does this mean the Thai govt is trolling through the facebook pages of farang here? Or did I miss something?  Basically, I am curious how she came to anyone's attention...

So you don't think that people from the Thai gov and military are not reading through social media .... dream on