Visa run to Hong Kong - sucess

Just completed a visa run to Hong Kong for a SETV (Single Entry Tourist Visa)

No problems

All they wanted was a passport and the Hong Kong entrance papers ( for U.S. passort you get that free on entrance to Hong Kong)

No fee at consulate until 28 february 2017 to boost Thai tourism.

Had other documents to show including Thai residence if needed, but not asked for any such.

Vey friendly and quick.

Usual apply day one in morning and pick up next day routine.

New Years day and day after New Year are Thai consulate holidays here in Hong Kong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What do the HK entrance papers consist of?

Every time I have entered before I just get a stamp in passport (Brit) is it something you have to specifically ask for?

From other recent posts I have seen they not longer stamp your passport. They print out a slip with your entry on it.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

From other recent posts I have seen they not longer stamp your passport. They print out a slip with your entry on it.

That is correct.  Hong Kong (and Macau) do not stamp passports anymore.  They print off a small 'reciept' showing your entry date and when you have to exit by. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

That is correct.  Hong Kong (and Macau) do not stamp passports anymore.  They print off a small 'reciept' showing your entry date and when you have to exit by. 

Good for the expats that live in HK but work on the mainland. Many had to get new passports every 2 months because of all the stamps.

• Like 2