Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Policeman shot in Chiang Rai after arrest of drug dealer goes wrong

Recommended Posts

Policeman shot in Chiang Rai after arrest of drug dealer goes wrong

 

a3.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

CHIANG RAI: -- A policeman was shot dead and another was critically injured after an attempt to round up a wanted drug fugitive went wrong.

 

Police went to the Heuan Phu View Resort in Nang Lae sub-district on Thursday when Pornchai Srisawat, 39, was believed to have rented a room there, reports Daily News.

 

Pornchai was wanted on a Chiang Rai warrant for drugs offences.

 

But when two officers arrived and were walking outside the resort they encountered the fugitive by chance and he pulled out a gun and shot them both.

 

Dead with a bullet to the left eyebrow was Mae Jan police deputy sergeant Noppaporn Yawirat. Officer Yotsanai Chaiwong was shot in the stomach and rushed to Chiang Rai Hospital where he was undergoing emergency treatment.

 

Provincial police chiefs then immediately ordered the area sealed off as sniffer dogs were brought in to hunt for the killer who had fled into nearby fields.

 

Source: Daily News

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kcpattaya said:

Whoever did this will be looking forward to a great New Year celebration!
....NOT

 

  Its highly unlikely that he will even see the New year .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sanemax said:

 

  Its highly unlikely that he will even see the New year .

You rekon,they hadn't caught him up to that stage and the border is not far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

You rekon,they hadn't caught him up to that stage and the border is not far away.

 

   It seems like he fled into a field without any possessions .

The border is about 50 kilometers away .

The Police have sealed off the area and have sniffer dogs looking for him .

The chances of him escaping are very slim .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the other officer,  Yotsanai Chaiwong has just passed away as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure in that border area he will have plenty of contacts who will help him.  It is a major smuggling and dealing area.  Hope they get him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dunroaming said:

I am sure in that border area he will have plenty of contacts who will help him.  It is a major smuggling and dealing area.  Hope they get him!

 

   With the Police after him, sniffer dogs and army, I wouldnt be surprised if the local dealers had nothing to do with him. 

  The local criminals are hardy going to risk getting caught up and involved just for the sake of helping someone escape

    Criminals would more than likely shoot him themselves, rather than give him a bed for the night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do Chiang Rai provincial police actually have trained police dogs? I know they might have dogs they call police dogs but are they trained to do anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

Do Chiang Rai provincial police actually have trained police dogs? I know they might have dogs they call police dogs but are they trained to do anything?

 

   I would be very surprised if the Police dogs could just bark and piss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

 

   I would be very surprised if the Police dogs could just bark and piss

When there were fears of bombs in Bangkok, the BTS guards wandered around with golden retrievers. I could have put a kilo of semtex in front of its nose and it would have wagged its tail and pottered off following a sai krork on a stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

When there were fears of bombs in Bangkok, the BTS guards wandered around with golden retrievers. I could have put a kilo of semtex in front of its nose and it would have wagged its tail and pottered off following a sai krork on a stick.

 

  How could you possibly know that ?

How could you know that the dogs would not have detected semtex ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

 

  How could you possibly know that ?

How could you know that the dogs would not have detected semtex ?

I tested them with a sai krork.

 

:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Front page Bangkok Post Breaking News. Drug dealer who guned down the police officer has been caught and dispatched with a lethal dose of lead poison. Photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...