Chiang Rai to Impose Strictly Enforced Burning Ban from February to April

webfact

11 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

Really? Watch the vid on http://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com/burning-season-chiang-mai-presentation/   then, as they're clearly talking (& showing) about March '16 ...?!

I do not have a spare 30 minutes to watch the video .

A lot of the smoke from 2016 wafted in from Myanmar .

I did notice that the smoke last year wasnt as bad as previous years

I even was travelling around the area and saw huge swathes of land that were not being burnt, when in previous years they would have been burnt

42 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do not have a spare 30 minutes to watch the video .

A lot of the smoke from 2016 wafted in from Myanmar .

I did notice that the smoke last year wasnt as bad as previous years

I even was travelling around the area and saw huge swathes of land that were not being burnt, when in previous years they would have been burnt

Fine, was to be expected.

However, you obviously traveled 'another' ChiangMai/ChiangRai-area than me at quite the same time as i've seen plenty of fires as well as grey skies ...

Less smoke than previous years? Maybe, in places, hopefully so but by >there were hardly any fields getting burnt at all last year< you've surely got to be jesting ... 

Just now, jollyhangmon said:

Fine, was to be expected.

However, you obviously traveled 'another' ChiangMai/ChiangRai-area than me at quite the same time as i've seen plenty of fires as well as grey skies ...

Less smoke than previous years? Maybe, in places, hopefully so but by >there were hardly any fields getting burnt at all last year< you've surely got to be jesting ... 

No, I went from CM to CR and then to Chaing kong and quite a few places inbetween and the fields that were usually scorched still had vegetation in them .

The skys were indeed grey and they were a few fires, but nothing like previous years

• 1 year later...

Indeed, burning has been illegal for some time now. Mai bpehn rai nakhrap. My neighbors continue to burn their crap to no avail - as well as villagers - despite previous complaints. It is utterly amazing how these people can continue to break the law, alienate good neighbors (me), refuse to compost, and have total disregard for their environment and the air they breathe.

I really question why I still live here. The U.S., as we all know surely has it's <deleted>, but at least the smoke burning their crap doesn't drift into my house there.

Archived