Police conclude foreign diver slit own throat

Rimmer

8 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

Yes ...but that irrelevant!........i want to see  evidence of motive in this case...not a hunch!

I bet you wish you were a teenage boy again though......haha

No I don't, really don't. 

As to this case...suicide? I have my doubts.

However as the BIB,as per, have ruled suicide we'll never know what motives for murder there are. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also added that she should tell his family in the U.S. that he is on a journey around the world and won’t be able to contact them for a while. Additional details included the whereabouts of the key to the safe that contains valuables and her wedding ring in their room.

That bit says it all tell the family I am I on a trip

I hope the USA government gets involved and opens up there own investigation

The first thing I would do is compare the line message he was supposed to have sent to his wife to other SMS he has sent to other people or even the wife. You can sometimes tell by the style of one's texting if its a different person.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Umm Yeah this sure sounds like a suicide. Nothing suspicious at all other then the money in the wife`s bank the weird message the being tied to a post and slitting his own throat. Amazing Thailand continues to amaze. Oh and he wrote the message 6 hours after he died. But please the Thai police are a professional group and never blunder or make mistakes and are never wrong.

No way a Thai person wrote that suicide note. While he says some strange things, it is written in mostly proper Grammer and does not sound in anyway like a note that someone would write if they were attempting to fake a suicide note. If you were faking it you would make it straight forward and not suspicious. The odd things that he says lends more to the fact that it is genuine. And the fact that he is tied to something is not suspicious at all. If you didn't want your body to float away and wanted to be found then that is what you would do. If his hands were tied then you would have something but they are not. Finally, people kill themselves in strange ways all the time. I knew someone who climbed in the trunk of his wife's car and shot himself. They thought he was missing for over a week before they found the body. 

"time to fulfill my life dream of moving on" Think about this. That is what he wrote. That does not sound like proper English nor the way a American would speak but I could be wrong. Which they state is his way of saying I am going to kill myself.  Say what? Then he puts on a diving suit and packs a bag with money then ties himself to a piling and cuts his throat. Things do not add up. His wife then produces the message to tie things to a suicide. Why all the effort. Some thing smells like rotting Pad Thai here. 

6 minutes ago, Coaster11 said:

Really? can you show us where you read this?

I was trying to be sarcastic. Who knows when the message was written. I don't do you? I was implying that there seem to be a lot of things that did not make sense. And the Thai police seems to be saying that message proves something such as proof of suicide that the wife had Conveniently gotten. Maybe he did type it maybe he didn't.  I`m sorry that you take the quote as verbatim when it was not.

5 minutes ago, HuahinJohn said:

I was trying to be sarcastic. Who knows when the message was written. I don't do you? I was implying that there seem to be a lot of things that did not make sense. And the Thai police seems to be saying that message proves something such as proof of suicide that the wife had Conveniently gotten. Maybe he did type it maybe he didn't.  I`m sorry that you take the quote as verbatim when it was not.

I'd hope that most of the simple stuff like that would be covered by the MiB. That straight away would rule out suicide...hardly needs to be said though.

Cutting of the throat is normally the action of a murderer and not that of suicide as it is not instant death and incurs suffering . There has to be a reason for suicide and that is not apparent from what I have read . His background , finances , private life , future commitments and  conversations with friends need to be investigated to establish if there was a suspicion of mental instability or suicidal tendencies . That takes time and resources , however the future behavior of his wife or close friends may well be monitored by the RTP .

If it was murder there has to be a motive which appears to be the dispersal of the life insurance .The lawful beneficiaries or those who are named if he had made a will need to be looked at .  The tying of the body to the post ensures that it is found . If no body there is a delay of a minimum  7 years on the insurance payout . Indeed the insurance company may think twice about a payout because of suspicious circumstances . 

In the western world there would be a thorough investigation by skilled detectives who are well versed on similar case histories .  I doubt if his blood relatives back in the USA will be satisfied with the suicide verdict . 

45 minutes ago, superal said:

If it was murder there has to be a motive which appears to be the dispersal of the life insurance .The lawful beneficiaries or those who are named if he had made a will need to be looked at .  The tying of the body to the post ensures that it is found . If no body there is a delay of a minimum  7 years on the insurance payout . Indeed the insurance company may think twice about a payout because of suspicious circumstances . 

In the western world there would be a thorough investigation by skilled detectives who are well versed on similar case histories .  I doubt if his blood relatives back in the USA will be satisfied with the suicide verdict . 

Life Insurance don't pay out on suicide.

Is this really happening?  I mean it is almost a dark comedy.  The only thing missing is the wife producing a grainy video of the man killing himself.  He transferred money to her account?  How and when?  They better get the electronic records of where and how that was done.  Whose computer, whose account? He tied himself to the post so his body could be conveniently found?  I hope the man has some friends or relatives to follow up on this.  And of course the electronic message app records need to be investigated.  What device was used to send it?  Who logged in to the account and when?  Simply unbelievable

8 hours ago, houlicha said:

The "goodbye note" was not written by a Thai bar girl with English as a second language. I would check out her boyfriend list for a farang or two.

Yes, but without seeing the note we really don't know what the note says.  All we see is what the Police report the note said.  The article may be reporting a translation or their understanding of what the note says.  As most things, check the finances.  Was he involved in business dealings with any english speaking person over there?  Another girlfriend?  A business conflict?  A drug user? Keys to the safe versus the safe combination?  I am assuming a small room electronic safe but that is just a guess.  How and when and where was the money transferred?  Gosh can't just take some local police summary ruling.  Can't let the locals get off this easy without one heck of a detailed look

17 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Yes, but without seeing the note we really don't know what the note says.  All we see is what the Police report the note said.  The article may be reporting a translation or their understanding of what the note says.  As most things, check the finances.  Was he involved in business dealings with any english speaking person over there?  Another girlfriend?  A business conflict?  A drug user? Keys to the safe versus the safe combination?  I am assuming a small room electronic safe but that is just a guess.  How and when and where was the money transferred?  Gosh can't just take some local police summary ruling.  Can't let the locals get off this easy without one heck of a detailed look

good points!

1 hour ago, Coaster11 said:

Life Insurance don't pay out on suicide.

Hi Coaster ,

Contentious ground , however look at the following link which states differently 

http://www.insurancequotes.org/life/the-truth-about-suicide-life-insurance/

I'm for sure no Sherlock Holmes .......but even by the usual  standards <deleted>, this seems to be absurd.  How can they reach their conclusion so soon? 

Why did his wife produce the Line messages after his death? 

Do I see a mere Stanley knife and not a divers knife? 

Would you not have to be out of your mind to be able to slit your own throat......and not lucid as his message suggests? 

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Hi Coaster ,

Contentious ground , however look at the following link which states differently 

http://www.insurancequotes.org/life/the-truth-about-suicide-life-insurance/

Ok,it's possible but not a certainty. You have to modify the fine print for it to be possible.Grey area to say the least.

21 hours ago, thequietman said:

So he tied himself to a pole?

What about this for a suggestion;

Some one else tied him to the pole, then cut his throat.

They took his phone and cards and sent the message and transferred the money via ATM.

Wife was suitably far away when it happened. Perfect alibi.

Does this make more sense or am I just unnaturally suspicious when living here.

Exactly, you can,t slit your throat after you have tied yourself up and as sure as hell can't do it after. Obviously the cops don't want anything to do with it so made up the story.

17 hours ago, jayjayjayjay said:

Few people know or understand suicide if you think being "in great mind bod and spirit" has anything to do with it. It has everything to do with the illness. 

Haven't been here to comment for years, but reading this just reminds me of what a collection of feeble minded anti-social keyboard warrior <deleted> still constitute a majority of the posters here. 

I think the fact that the police usually mention suicide immediately if murder is not obvious makes many including me very suspicious of the police motives. The police also mentioned how this could be bad for Thailand's image, thats another flag for police motivation don't you think? This may very well have been suicide, the fact that the police clearly want it to be is what concerns me.

Archived