Army formalizes baht bus routes, cuts fares

Rimmer

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Where I come from we dont need a dictatorship to get people to behave in a reasonable manner. Here it seems that many do.

I'm all in favour of anything that stops people double-parking, overcharging, stealing, lying, cheating, fighting, being corrupt, being noisy, littering, destroying the environment etc and the army seems to have the right approach to this.

Why not go live in Singapore or Switzerland ? Those are very orderly places..

Leave Thailand to us who love the disorderly sanook mess Thailand is...

I appreciate the baht bus system.

I will still pay 10 baht on the short trips and give a 10 baht tip on the long distances.

I dont think I am overpaying when doing so...

Driving empty is not 90 % and not at all times.

Sometimes there is rather a lack of buses. If completely empty and no chance for pick ups, drivers will park somewhere and stop burning fuel. 

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So the beach road baht bus continues to jomtien? I went to the usual pick up spot earlier to go to jomtien

That will never happen,  unless there is a money incentive by the passenger.

Rules are only there for fun ,  or arguments on Tv or other forums.

They have no real meaning in pattaya.

The gravy train will carry on as normal in  Pattaya. 2017.

:intheclub:

On 30/12/2016 at 5:51 AM, mercman24 said:

so abviously he doesn't care about cutting a drivers wages in half then,i bet if it happened to him it would be a different story, or any of us come to that

It is simple to workout that the takings from a few trips would provide an income far greater than that of the average Pattaya employee outside the P4P industry...

If the drivers are not making a decent income then either they:

• Are driving around in circles empty or sitting at the side of the road trying to pickup the elusive gold streak.
  • Paying big royalties to the local Mafia.
  • Or both.

Properly organised they can make a good income for 10B per customer...

15 hours ago, wiko said:

I guess you are new in town.

Didn't you notice the large red bus stop signs all over the city, and wondered where the buses were?

Maybe the Army should tell the BB guys that if things do not improve the busses will be back and they will have protection next time.

And there will be stringent road worthiness tests for Baht Busses which will see many of them off the road until repairs or done.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So the beach road baht bus continues to jomtien? I went to the usual pick up spot earlier to go to jomtien

Some do, as they always have done. I think that the only new thing is that now the ones that continue to Jomtien actually have a sign on that says so.

On 30/12/2016 at 7:43 PM, fforest1 said:

Agree 100%....

That's utter nonsense. All decisions regarding transport made by the recent government were made using common sense and helpful to consumers and poison to the Mafia.

And did you already forget that the operators of the MRT lines were not even smart enough to build a connection between the Blue line and the new purple line ? It needed the army (e.g. the General) to tell them the most obvious and order that connection to be built finally.

So much for the competence of the folks who run the transport companies in the country.

Now, next is Phuket and Samui, Mister General. Oh and did I mention the "Meter" Taxis in Pattaya.....

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, Rimmer said:

The requirement that fares on all these routes be set at 10 baht represents a reduction of half or more. A typical trip from North Pattaya to Jomtien Beach previously cost at least 20 baht.

A fortune saved, more money in the bank.:cheesy:

On 12/31/2016 at 3:46 PM, zakk9 said:

Good news, and finally a route on Third Road.

Are you just saying that on the evidence of the red route (route 4) shown on that map? Or perhaps you have further information, more than this map? If so,  do tell.

Looks like route 4 is from Bali Hai pier, along Third Road, to Naklua. Does this route already exist perhaps? If so, in ten years it's the first I've heard of it.

I'd love there to be a regular baht bus service on Third Road. The city badly needs it.

13 hours ago, balo said:

The army are planning to delete Soi Buakow from the Pattaya map so no need....

You had better tell the Holiday Inn to stop building their new hotel on

Soi Bukow ....And dont forget all the brand new condos they just built

or are building....And tell the brand new hospital to close down while your

at it.....

Need I even start on all the hotels along there..

On 05/01/2017 at 11:37 PM, AbeSurd said:

Are you just saying that on the evidence of the red route (route 4) shown on that map? Or perhaps you have further information, more than this map? If so,  do tell.

Looks like route 4 is from Bali Hai pier, along Third Road, to Naklua. Does this route already exist perhaps? If so, in ten years it's the first I've heard of it.

I'd love there to be a regular baht bus service on Third Road. The city badly needs it.

Based on the map. I've walked the length of Third Road many enough times to know that there hasn't been a route there previously.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/30/2016 at 4:53 PM, bodymassagemyfriend said:

FINALLY! They did it. Like in most cities in the world.

This will contribute to less congestion since it reduce the Entropy ( cahos) and frustration how having to change of coach at random time.

The next OBVIOUS step is to have one of the many lanes reserved for TAxi and bhat bus to dramatically reduce trip time and congestion.

Then Taxi will make more money because of faster rotation. Better to charge 10 bhat on a dedicated track than 20 but stuck in traffic cahos.

Then next OBVIOUS step is to have a flashcode to :

- report a rating on Taxi service without fearing to be beaten by the driver i.e. the 21th century tools

-inquire about the line direction fare price and time tables.

An finally ... have a REAL bus ?

Illiterate and I'll informed.

Archived