Krabi governor warns tourists and locals to beware fake 100 baht banknotes

rooster59

Krabi governor warns tourists and locals to beware fake 100 baht banknotes

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQyOC8yMTQ0ODk0L1VudGl0bGVkLTFjb3B5LmpwZw==.jpg
Image: Sanook

KRABI:-- The governor of Krabi province has issued an urgent warning to tourists and the public to be on the lookout for fake 100 baht banknotes.

People on Koh Phi Phi and in Ao Nang especially should take care around the busy time of New Year.

Pinit Bunlert said that criminal gangs were shifting away from producing fake 1000 baht notes as these are often checked by traders.

They are now concentrating on 100s and even 20 baht notes and he said that he has received reports from authorities that there are a large number of these fakes in circulation.

People should check watermarks and report anything suspicious at once. He reminded people that it is an offence to use the fakes.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-31

Interesting.... I just checked all the 100's in my wallet, and seem to have an assortment of all those found in the picture, above.

i really think they should have included more information in this little gem of an article... especially given the commonality of the 100 baht note, and the many and various different reprints and color tone changes.

oh well... off to the bank to give them a look... although I may drop into 7/11 on the way.

When my father passed away my brother and sister had to to go the the house to sort things out. He was retired and use to repair air conditioners. To help him out. We found a big wad of money as he was distrustful of banks. We all split it three ways. And wouldn't you know it I had a conterfit 50 dollar bill.in my portion. I had put the money in the bank. A few days latter I got a visit from the cops. I explained the situation  and all was fine but I was still out the $50.

Archived