True TV

TheFishman1

Yup- the new channels aren't even close to being equal to the HBO package (and they no doubt cost True way less in licensing fees), yet we're still paying the same monthly rates- I'm looking into other options as well.

I went to Android box about 18 months ago. And coincidentally that's the same time that I ditched True.

Now it's time to upgrade the box...more ram and Octo core powered brains for a start. Plus the latest version of operating system will make things run better.

I like Kodi as there are some great builds available and Mobdro is also an excellent service for live sport and world news.

Been chatting to a guy trying to sell rapid iptv

(500+ uk channels - so a lot of shit, but has sky sports etc)

anyone used it here?

The guy reckons it flawless on ais 50/10. They're based in holland so im pretty sceptical

Once you have an android box and install Kodi there is NO further cost (Apart from your own time updating or upgrading new features).

However if you're not too technically minded then perhaps iptv lite might be the better option.

8 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Once you have an android box and install Kodi there is NO further cost (Apart from your own time updating or upgrading new features).

However if you're not too technically minded then perhaps iptv lite might be the better option.

Technically minded has nothing to do with it! Constantly chasing and updating (usually) poor quality free streams that buffer anyway gets old real fast. Some would rather pay 3-500b to save the hassle - providing that the paid service is better than the free stuff

51 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Yeah but even as a fairly avid Kodi user.. where do you get 500 reliable consistent channels in a single simple package ?? None of the CCloud or UK turks etc things I have used have been reliable to the extent which that kind of service needs to be IMO. 

As I said before.. I dont really consume LiveTV, but its the first question most legacy older gen TV consumers ask for.., 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Is it all live, or do they have catchup/on demand tv?

Thats a live only kind of system (or it was with the kodi module I tested). 

For 'on demand viewing' I just DL and archive everything I may want to watch later.. 

Strange I never really had a problem with Kodi (Once I figured out how it worked).  The titanium build was the best I came across and live streaming was fine.

That's based on using 3bb fibre network.

But then I've never had a need for 500 channels....

The only HD live viewing I do is for sports and I must admit Mobdro has been better than Kodi in that regard. But for the latest movies (Or at least those not more than a month old) I use Kodi.  The latest releases aren't great and I refuse to watch anything that's been streamed via a camera.

Ditto.. Cam rips are out.. and I also find Kodi the best 'media organizer' for movies and shows already out and hosted.. 

Where Kodi is less good, is exactly what many folks first coming to cable cutting are trying to answer.. The 'how do I just watch TV' they still want scheduled TV live streamed. 

For that use case, I tend to advise the serviced of a paid system where a bit more than a month of True buys a year of 600 HD channels.. In that year they can start to operate the on demand style of viewing. 

On 1/5/2017 at 3:22 PM, jonw8uk said:

Technically minded has nothing to do with it! Constantly chasing and updating (usually) poor quality free streams that buffer anyway gets old real fast. Some would rather pay 3-500b to save the hassle - providing that the paid service is better than the free stuff

I tried ilikehdtv. Too difficult to select channels, no TV guide, and a lot of what I'd like to see is only 480p. I sent them a couple of questions via their "Contact Us" link and never got a reply 

Archived