Thai Police Arrest Three For Child Trafficking To Malaysia

Jai Dee

Thai Police Arrest Three For Child Trafficking To Malaysia

BANGKOK, Dec 8 (Bernama) -- Thai police arrested three people believed to be involved in trafficking children from Vietnam and Cambodia to be sold in Malaysia.

Crime Suppression Division 1 commander Pol Col Chatchai Rianmek told Bangkok Post that he believed the suspects had close links to a child-trafficking syndicate in Malaysia.

During a raid at a condominium in Din Daeng district here two days ago, police rescued a two-year-old Cambodian girl and a three-month old Vietnamese boy.

Police detained two Cambodians, house owner Tieng Cholok, 62, and Ram Channee, 25, and Vietnamese Ngian Cheechao, 45, while another Cambodian and mother of the girl, Herng, 30, was summoned for questioning.

Herng told police that Tieng, who offered loans to other Cambodian illegal immigrants, took her daughter two months ago as a guarantee for a 30,000-baht loan.

Chatchai said Ngian was told to travel from Narathiwat's Sungai Kolok district to take the boy and bring him to the southern province which borders Malaysia.

Once in Narathiwat, a Malaysian would collect the baby and she would receive 10,000 baht but Ngian denied any involvement in a cross-border human trafficking network.

Source: Bernama - 8 December 2006

Herng told police that Tieng, who offered loans to other Cambodian illegal immigrants, took her daughter two months ago as a guarantee for a 30,000-baht loan.

this was an old tradition in asia, and the modern thailand has zero tolerance to this.

this was an old tradition in asia, and the modern thailand has zero tolerance to this.

they only have zero tolerance to this now because of pressure put on them by the USA and the west who costantly seek to tell other countries how they should run their own affairs.

they only have zero tolerance to this now because of pressure put on them by the USA and the west who costantly seek to tell other countries how they should run their own affairs.

And so I am to assume from your post that you condone the practice of child trafficking and object to the "USA and west" interfering in this practice?

And so I am to assume from your post that you condone the practice of child trafficking and object to the "USA and west" interfering in this practice?

You can assume from my post exactly what i wrote , which is that Thailand has only got tough on various things that it used not to be bothered about because of the interferance of the USA and the Western governments. Bit like Thailand telling the USA to get out of Iraq because it doesn't approve.

Well all I have to say to the yank knockers is GOD BESS THE USA!!!

:o

Bloody embarassing to be an American sometimes...

Yes jing jing with posts like paulsmithsons i have to agree . Shame they can't ever seem to stick to running their own country in their own corrupt way and stop trying to spread their beliefs worldwide.

You can assume from my post exactly what i wrote , which is that Thailand has only got tough on various things that it used not to be bothered about because of the interferance of the USA and the Western governments. Bit like Thailand telling the USA to get out of Iraq because it doesn't approve.

sounds to me like you do condone child trafficking, since by your own words, this was only stopped here by western meddling,which you seem to enjoy chastising. i also long for the days of topless saronged girls chewing betel.