Kanchanaburi Golf

JAS21

We were in Kanchanaburi over the Xmas period.

Played Nichigo with friends, the course was in really good condition, best that I can recall. My caddy was very helpful.

There was some offer using a Bangkok Bank Credit Card.

800thb Green Fee, 1000thb to share a buggy and 350thb each for a caddy (caddy fee in cash).

Also played probably my favorite course, Srinakarin Dam. It’s just past Ewaran if you don’t know where, it’s an EGAT Course.

Some recent big improvement to the Locker Rooms and they have also purchased new Buggies.

The course was nicely cut, very picturesque. Fairways a little hard in places … my ball seemed to go ‘miles’.

Mrs. J paid 100thb green fee, I had to pay 400thb as I didn’t have a Thai ID Card (rule change since last time). Buggy was 600thb and caddy fee 250thb each.

You can stay in the EGAT accommodation which is near their restaurant. Best to book ahead and if you are 60+ you get half price, if you ask! We usually stay at Good Times Resort and drive the 70kms each way.

Edited by JAS21

• 1 year later...

UPDATE Sept 2018

Prices are correct up to the end of October ... after that ??

On Friday we played Mida, yes there were quite a few Koreans playing but somehow we were never held up  and we didn't hold anyone up either. We walked it much to the dismay of our caddies who I don't think did that very often as they frequently lagged well behind us! It took four hours to play ... we get around Muang Ake1 in under three.  Mida is long , flat and not that difficult but well worth a visit.

The fairways are that horrible 'springee' stuff and there is little carry. On the first nine holes greens were slow but by the time we got to hole 10 they had been cut and were much faster.

GF ... 600thb WD and 800thb WE

CF ... 350thb

Cart ... 700thb and you cannot share.

Srinakarin Dam course still very enjoyable ... prices the same except golf buggy is 500thb and you can share. MrsJ and myself played on Saturday ... really quite and on Sunday which was a little busier. On both days our caddies actually played golf so were very good on distance and reading the greens. The course is quite hilly in placed and yes we had a cart ... in our younger days we would walk it, but not now!

As usual we stayed at Good Times Resort ... the Kwai Yai was very high and water did just enter a little way into the restaurant ... but only when some drunk Somchai went speeding past causing big waves!

We gave Nichigo a miss this time as it's dual pricing  and you have to have a cart

GF ... 600thb (Th) WD and 800thb (alien)  800/1000 WE

CF ... 350thb

Cart ... 700thb and you have to have one each ... you cannot walk or share.

Hope this may interest some of you .........

Edited by JAS21

• 3 weeks later...