23 die in fiery Chonburi wreck

webfact

23 die in fiery Chonburi wreck

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

CRASH.jpg

Policemen and rescue officials on the scene of a Monday afternoon crash in Chonburi where 23 died when a van collided with a truck.

CHONBURI — At least 23 people were killed Monday afternoon when a van and truck burst into flames after colliding in the Ban Bueng district of Chonburi province.

The van was traveling from Chanthaburi to Bangkok when it collided at about 2pm with the pickup on Highway No. 344. Both vehicles were engulfed in flames and 23 people died instantly, including passengers and the driver of the van.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/01/02/23-die-fiery-chonburi-wreck/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-02

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good God, this is horrible, horrendous and just so terrible, please Mr Prayuth can you do something about these minibuses, limit them to 80 kph, make it mandatory to have GPS installed and check the drivers for drugs, alcohol and how much sleep the driver has had prior to starting work and fine the asses off the companies running these things.

RIP to all those poor souls.

My Mrs is driving to Chanthaburi on Friday for a wedding, I worry constantly until she calls to tell me she has arrived safely.

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I took a van from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok once.....and once was enough.

If you value your life, don't get in a van, big bus, train, or fly.

oh really  so how to travel , walking ?

The LPG is more safe than Gasoline.

If the Vans gastank explode, there will be nothing left of the Van,

as you see the Back of the Vas is not damage, it would be gone if the tank explode. It is more truly it is gasoline who burned 

So logically no problem with the LPG.

RIP all people who lose there life 

So if the pickup was carried the normal amount of people max 5, and the van was carrying the max amount of people must be max 8 persons means that 12 people are killed as well due to the Thai government as they find it normal to put lots of people in the back of trucks more then 2 people on bikes etc waste of lives

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Good God, this is horrible, horrendous and just so terrible, please Mr Prayuth can you do something about these minibuses, limit them to 80 kph, make it mandatory to have GPS installed and check the drivers for drugs, alcohol and how much sleep the driver has had prior to starting work and fine the asses off the companies running these things.

RIP to all those poor souls.

My Mrs is driving to Chanthaburi on Friday for a wedding, I worry constantly until she calls to tell me she has arrived safely.

You forgot to mention about checking to see that the drivers all have PROPER DRIVING LICENCES. However, we all know none of the above is going to happen, so it really doesn't matter.

Worst of all is that these vans aren't even needed. Most of them drive on routes where there are also ordinary buses. I get the impressions sometimes that they exist for two reasons:

- The owner makes a profit.

- Young men who are to lazy to work find that driving a van makes it look like he is doing something useful while at the same time making some money to spend on girls and booze, and as an extra bonus, he's allowed race a vehicle at any speed day after day, which was probably his favourite activity to start with, after the girl and booze thing.

25 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I took a van from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok once.....and once was enough.

If you value your life, don't get in a van, big bus, train, or fly.

I did it twice, thinking the first time had to be a fluke.  It wasn't.  Never again.

18 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Drive or ride yourself, at least you have control about your own vehicle.

It still won't stop some lunatic from ramming into you! I appreciate what you mean though, at least you have a better chance than putting your life in the hands of incompetent idiots that shouldn't be allowed to take a push chair onto the streets.

57 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Total carnage, now will people with authority start doing something ?

Well, nothing ( to my knowledge ) has been done in the past regarding the many many MANY vehicle accidents causing multiple deaths and untold damage. So I doubt that anything will be done in the near future regarding happenings like this.

Archived