Video: Tourists delighted as giant lizard comes to say hello!

webfact

Video: Tourists delighted as giant lizard comes to say hello!

a3.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KRABI: -- A giant monitor lizard came to say Happy New Year to a large number of tourists gathered in the Koh Hong island area of Krabi on Monday.

The surprise visitor came for a swim in the sun before coming up on the beach looking for some snacks.

And he didn't look shy at all despite all the foreign visitors.

The giant monitor is one of dozens of such creatures known to be in the area of the Than Boak Koranee national park.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-03

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I understand why they were pleased. It's very fortunate to see actual wildlife these days in most areas of Thailand

The problems are that Thai people eat everything and hunting is not controlled. I have tried monitor lizard fried with curry paste (phat prik hia) when I was visiting a Hmong village up in the mountains and it was actually quite OK... You should atleast try everything once in your life so you don't miss out on anything!

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I understand why they were pleased. It's very fortunate to see actual wildlife these days in most areas of Thailand

Much "wildlife" around Phuket, Pattaya and Bangkok to be seen. Do not be so surprised. :smile:

Ooops.....I have re-read and now comprehend your comment :sorry: :cheesy: 

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I see wild life everywhere in Thailand....I believe, according to the locals, they're a sub species called.... "Farangs"?

3 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The problems are that Thai people eat everything and hunting is not controlled. I have tried monitor lizard fried with curry paste (phat prik hia) when I was visiting a Hmong village up in the mountains and it was actually quite OK... You should atleast try everything once in your life so you don't miss out on anything!

:clap2:

yes those unresponsible Thais who eat everything.

Could you imagine what would happen if foreigners got the idea of eating lizzards now and then? Or that they got the feeling they need to try eating everything ones in their lifes??

That would be so terrible wont it?!

52 minutes ago, Foexie said:

Could you imagine what would happen if foreigners got the idea of eating lizzards now and then? Or that they got the feeling they need to try eating everything ones in their lifes??

I didn't kill the lizard, I didn't even order the lizard as food as it was served at a thank you party for helping out in a small village school. I have tried other things too when traveling around, like bear in Russia, dog in Vietnam, crocodile in US and moose/elk/reindeer back home in Sweden

But what I mean is that Thai eat everything, that's why for example it's difficult to catch wild fish that are of mature size in the rivers so now they catch and eat the fry that should become the next generation instead. Another example are just to walk in a national park,you Will realize that you can hardly hear any birds because they have been so heavily hunted for food by the Thais. 

We hunt in my homecountry too but it's regulated so that the specie!s will not diminish or get over populatied; for example this year it's legal to hunt wolf, maximum 24 are to be killed and the hunting season ends mid-February.

4 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

34 minutes ago, Foexie said:

Indeed. That would be the best way to say goodbye to most endangered species.

Totally irresponsible.

4 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

I will definitely miss the taste of these tasty animals after they are all gone due to our gastronomical habits. Sometimes I wish aliens were fattening us up for a feast how fitting. 

Protected animal that can hit you very hard with it tail, uses it uses a whip

Also has poison in his mouth beside other nasty bacteria. And look at the nails, it will ise them too.

Love to eat all it can get and likes snakes too.

Normal not dangerous as long as you give them a way to move around and opertunity to escape.

Have seen them run and then they are like a tank and destory a lot on there way.

Normally hate dogs and can regonize people who live in his area.

Some people pet them.

Archived