Laundry with hot water (allergic)

CanNot

Hello, 

I'm allergic against dust mites and need to wash my bedding with at least 60 or better 90 degree. The condo washing machines just use cold water. 

Any idea what laundry provides this service. If possible around Victory Monument in Bangkok. 

Thanks in advance. 

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Are you sure the condo machines can't be set to heat the wash?

All the automatics we've owned here have been cold-fill but have heaters too.

Mine too, ( front loader) but most of the top loaders here, seem to be cold water only. Have several on the street , none are hot ( the heater is disabled)   too expensive i guess

EDIT to add. Using the hot water setting makes the 2 pin electric sockets arc quite a bit, i had to change mine several times unti i eventually fitted a British socket and square pin plug. Never had a problem since. ( Just thought i would add that for the electricians here) :)

well of course you can feed hot water in,but does the actual washing machine have a heating element built into it ?
a 3-4 kilowatt heater pulls quite a few amps so needs good wiring and plugs, not those horrid extension leads with fake earth pin and nanometer diameter wires
found in most Thai houses :P

3 hours ago, johng said:

@Crossy are you talking about front loaders ?  because I've not seen a top loader with heater  in Thailand.

( not that they don't exist just haven't seen one )

off course,Top loaders most have.Maybe not the cheapest one, but LG/Toshiba/Samsung etc... have.

I've got a top loader that uses only cold water,  I wash all my bedding and towels using bleach and don't miss the hot water at all.  

I'm allergic to mold, mildew and just about everything that grows in the tropics- including dust mite poop.

Caveat:  With cold water and no bleach, my towels will smell moldy before they're even air dried.  Dryers are another thing from back home I don't miss any more.  But I couldn't get by without bleach.

Oh now someone tells me.... I have had a washing machine in my condo for 7 years now and assumed that since no tap supplied hot water was connected.... that it only had the one temperature to work with.... it actually has an "internal heater" ...:shock1:

I'm fortunate that my apartment building has it's water supply tanks partially exposed to the sun most of the year. I just wait for early afternoon to do my laundry and the water is almost always 90 degrees plus.

Not so good however for a refreshing afternoon shower. 

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Are you sure the condo machines can't be set to heat the wash?

All the automatics we've owned here have been cold-fill but have heaters too.

Some of those cheaper top loaders may not have heaters.

Perhaps laundry services prefer to cool wash as it is more economical.

Or even feed from a hot water storage tank, but again probably not hot enough to kill mites.

Don't condos have their own machines or a spot to plumb them in?

couple of cheaper front loaders  with heater

http://www.powerbuy.co.th/p/เครื่องซักผ้าฝาหน้า-7kg-indesit-xwa-71251-w-eu-ขาตั้ง

http://www.powerbuy.co.th/p/เครื่องซักผ้า-fl-9kg-samsung-ww90j6413cw-st-z-wcsl

both specify that they can heat the water  Indesit up to 90 degrees  18,000 Baht

Samsung up to 95 degrees  22,000 Baht

have a look at the top loaders none of them mention heating of water and none have a temperature setting on the control panel

so I think its safe to say that (99.9%)  top loaders sold in Thailand don't have a heater.

On 1/4/2017 at 9:39 AM, lucifer666 said:

Been here here 7 years now, never seen a laundry service that uses cold water. So. choose the closest one to where you live, you will know whether they use hot water as you walk past, ( you can feel the heat/humidity)

you have been here 7 years and you still cant tell the difference between hot water and hot air from drying!!  Lol

for your information.

NO ONE uses HOT WATER for washing.

they use HOT AIR for drying.

actually:

HOT WATER will make a stain harder to remove.

stains remove better in COOL water.

you just need to search for a laundry that has HOT AIR DRYERS.

you do not need HOT WATER to kill dust mites or other mites.

it is really just HEAT that kills them all.

a good 40 mins of hot air drying will kill them.

also:

MANY CONDOS and MANSIONS have Laundry rooms on the ground floor (in the car-park area), 

you can usually walk right in with your bag of laundry and wash and then HOT DRY your sheets.

have a scout around your local area in the local small condos or mansions.

PS: a Mansion (in asia) means a kind of guest house for permanent residents.

Most top loader are only cold water.

All front loaders have water heaters in them and will wash with different water temperatures.

I don't know what Easybullet3 is talking about no one washing with hot water, and I have never seen a drying machine here in any laundry.. and they are very rare to see in the shops to buy.

11 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Most top loader are only cold water.

All front loaders have water heaters in them and will wash with different water temperatures.

I don't know what Easybullet3 is talking about no one washing with hot water, and I have never seen a drying machine here in any laundry.. and they are very rare to see in the shops to buy.

What shops you go?  I have seen the combination wash/dry in one machine and separate dryers also. Not hard to find.

As stated earlier my wife has a laundry shop with top loaders that DO have heaters. She also has a drying machine.

Unless all you "laundry experts" have visited all the laundries in Thailand I suggest you refrain from making comments that are factually incorrect!!

16 hours ago, cauldlad said:

As stated earlier my wife has a laundry shop with top loaders that DO have heaters. She also has a drying machine.

Unless all you "laundry experts" have visited all the laundries in Thailand I suggest you refrain from making comments that are factually incorrect!!

Well, your wife's laundry sounds very good.  Where is it?  How much does it cost?

I am in Chiang Mai.. out in the sticks.  All the village laundries I have used only have cold water.  I have been to about 6 in the area.  Maybe in the city its different. 

They don't ever hand drier machines.  All the cloths are pegged out to dry in the sun, or under cover if its raining.  Basic where I live!!! 

You are right it is different in the cities. We live in Pattaya.

Don't get me wrong she also hangs the washing out in the sun in the area in front of the shop.

To be honest she does not use the drier very much as it is heavy on the electric. However if it has been raining or a rush job she will use it.

As far as I know all the laundries here charge similar prices. I do not know the individual prices but the "cheap price" option is 500bt for 70 pieces!!

Archived