Malaysia versus Thailand retirement program

EricTh

On 1/4/2017 at 11:53 PM, TheGhostWithin said:

The Police were never spoken to on my part, I left Malaysia after visiting there each year 3 years consecutively, and never returned. I had some friends in Penang that were being extorted by the Police so my opinion of Malaysian Police was relatively low at the time. Sad, I had begun learning to read and write Bahasa, and had a big interest in trying to understand what being "Malaysian" meant, however my interest rapidly evaporated after that event. Not because I blamed ALL Malaysians for the event, but because I understood I could never be part of a society that bred and accepted acts against someone because of the color of their skin.

My Malaysian friends occasionally meet with me when I am in Thailand now, and my Kiwi friends have mostly all heard of my Malaysian experience.

Hmm...one of the appealing to me about Malaysia, was the Chinese-Malays and Indian-Malays.  They can quickly and easily relate to western foreigners...and easy to be friends with.  You can both criticize the political situation, etc, without offending them as locals, at all.  They relate to everything.

I don't think there is another country in Asia than you can chat around and criticize things you don't like with a local, than Malaysia.  Mostly because of that very thing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images