Eight Taiwanese injured in van crash in Krabi

webfact

Eight Taiwanese injured in van crash

van1.jpg

KRABI: -- Eight Taiwanese tourists were injured when a chartered van they traveled in from Phuket to Krabi crashed a roadside hill on the road to Krabi.

The incident happened at about 03.00 am today near Chong Khao junction in Ao Luek district of Krabi.

The van with 15 tourists on board was travelling from Phuket.

The van was entering a curve on the road when it ran out and crashed into the hill.

Ao Luek rescue team rushed all the injured to Ao Luek hospital. One was later transferred to Krabi hospital.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/eight-taiwanese-injured-van-crash/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-04

I have lived in Thailand for 40-years and have only been on the roads ONCE, for 11 minutes.

please, if traveling, buy a tank and spend the extra money on safety!!!  even if 100 million baht, your health is worth it!!!!

i never would have gotten in that van.

1 hour ago, puukao said:

I have lived in Thailand for 40-years and have only been on the roads ONCE, for 11 minutes.

please, if traveling, buy a tank and spend the extra money on safety!!!  even if 100 million baht, your health is worth it!!!!

i never would have gotten in that van.

Do you reside in BKK, where there are other options for travel?  How do you get around? I moved to an area that is compact and convenient for me, but I must ride in a van about twice a month...I hate it...

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Problem is not the van, but the untrained, reckless, drugged-up, uneducated but no-one-knows-more-than-me, Thai "professional" driver.

Rent a car and drive yourself may be a better idea.

You forgot to mention vehicle maintenance, or lack of it.

Archived