Flooded roads /south

Hunter s somtam

Hi all ,

we are trying to get from Samui to hat yai ,so far roads in Samui were ok this morning 8am .

now we are stuck not far from don sak ,roads out the 41 is cased in both directions as of 2pm today .

now 3.15 pm rain has stopped,

anyone driving on these or other southern roads please let us and anyone else that needs this info know ,as it's hard to find out .

thanks and stay safe.

has been raining all night in Surat Thani, have been told(seen pics) the road to Bangkok is un-passable(washed out) and the road south is also un-passable. My wife has had her friends post pics of the roads in the area and its not good, a few of them also have their houses flooded.

It's OK down in Hat Yai, problem areas on the road are around Thung Song and Phatthalung. You could go the long way round via Krabi, Trang and Satun - no flooding on the west coast.

Hi all ,we made it .

just got here from Don Sak,to Hat Yai ,left at around 11am ,the road between don sak and Surat is bad but passable.

from there about half way down around Tung Song was bad ,had to use the other side of the road ,bridge is out but have made a temp one and will ready soon .

next bad spot is one hundred kilometres north of Hat Yai ,drive through water for a few ks ,army is there directing traffic ,other side of the road is a river .

but u can make it ,we did it in a sedan .water does get deep in spots but good if u can drive right up a busses arse .

stay safe ,if you think it looks to deep or fast flowing DONT risk it.

7 hours ago, Stocky said:

It's OK down in Hat Yai, problem areas on the road are around Thung Song and Phatthalung. You could go the long way round via Krabi, Trang and Satun - no flooding on the west coast.

Thanks stocky, good advice,was on the road before I saw your post but I do agree mate.

I left Surat Thani Friday Morning I tried to leave Thursday but I couldn't go.It took about 13 hours to get past all the mayhem the traffic was terrible.they was saying only the big trucks can pass the floods but I decided to go an I got through ok.im glad I went now because I'm not sure what it like there now.

Archived