The South suffers heavy flooding as rains refuse to let up

snoop1130

The South suffers heavy flooding as rains refuse to let up

By The Nation

6183d3779c30cf5d6e375562f1ff0d4c.jpeg

Severe flooding continued to ravage many parts of the South including Nakhon Si Thammarat, Trang and Phatthalung provinces Thursday, affecting tens of thousands of people, damaging property and interrupting transportation. Two deaths from the flooding were reported in Nakhon Si Thammarat and Phatthalung each. 

Trains to the lower South could go no further than Surat Thani as the Thung Song Train Station in Nakhon Si Thammarat’s Thung Song district had to be closed due to flooded rail tracks. Also Thursday, Transport Co Ltd suspended buses scheduled to go through the heavily flooded Thung Song district. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30303496

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-1-5

Chumphon isn't as bad as it was 3 weeks ago, but it is still a dreary way to start the new year.

A friend sent an image from hat yai as of yesterday and today.

I couldn't imagine having to go through that.  Yet Bangkok had this like 2 or 3 years ago for weeks?

Hat Yai Flooding_S__12910710.jpg

Hat Yai Flooding_S__12910671.jpg

Hat Yai Flooding_S__12910670.jpg

Hat Yai Flooding_S__12910714.jpg

Hat Yai Flooding_S__12910715.jpg

The floodwater is now as high in Ranode as it was during the first inundation on/around December 5. The water seems to be a lot dirtier/siltier this time around....Somehow we still have electricity and wife (self-evident I know)...still raining now with a low pressure system coming from the west this time...

Rain all day today in Hat Yai. Looking out of the window I can see the river level is up but we've still about 4m to go before it would over-top the flood defenses here. Flood warning flag is still at green. 

Archived