myanmar setv

If it's too much hassle I'll just go to Cambodia

Sent from my Le X820 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

You need a e visa $50 to get into Myanmar.
getting a SETV in yangon is straight forward but you must have perfect no rips folds tears $$ for the visa fee.
There's a money changer behind the Thai Embassy to get $$ from.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Thai visa will be free.

The cost of the Myanmar visa depends on how you do it. Cheapest is to apply at the Embassy in Bangkok, with three-day service costing 810 baht. Online application for an e-visa costs about double this.

For a tourist visa, the Thai consulate in Yangon will want to see flights into and out of Thailand. Otherwise, it is a good place to apply. It is the regular apply in the morning, receive the passport back with visa afternoon of the following day. When I was there, the queues were short.

In general, Yangon is much improved as a place for tourists compared to a few years ago. Hotel options are better (but do not get too excited, still not as good as Thailand) and there are many more food options. The old hassle with currency forms and foreign exchange certificates is now a fast receding dream.

• Like 1

The Thai visa will be free.

The cost of the Myanmar visa depends on how you do it. Cheapest is to apply at the Embassy in Bangkok, with three-day service costing 810 baht. Online application for an e-visa costs about double this.

For a tourist visa, the Thai consulate in Yangon will want to see flights into and out of Thailand. Otherwise, it is a good place to apply. It is the regular apply in the morning, receive the passport back with visa afternoon of the following day. When I was there, the queues were short.

In general, Yangon is much improved as a place for tourists compared to a few years ago. Hotel options are better (but do not get too excited, still not as good as Thailand) and there are many more food options. The old hassle with currency forms and foreign exchange certificates is now a fast receding dream.

My last visit report.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/954198-SETV-Yangon-report#entry11340372

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One of my friend who is working with me here in Yangon just applied for a SETV in the Thai Embassy in Yangon yesterday and told me that it was free of charge this time ( As he is working here, he apply for SETV every 70 days for Myanmar visa run purpose). You apply in the morning between 9am to 11h30 and collect the next day afternoon from 2pm to 3h30pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1