Fourteen Korean tourists in hospital as tour bus overturns in Phetchaburi

webfact

Fourteen Korean tourists in hospital as tour bus overturns in Phetchaburi

4p.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PHETCHABURI: -- Fourteen South Korean tourists on their way to Hua Hin were taken to hospital after a smash involving their bus and three other vehicles last night.

The crash occurred in wet weather conditions.

The tour bus ended up on its side next to the Petchkasem Highway between kilometer markers 151 and 152 in the Hua Saphan sub district, reorts Daily News.

One pick-up truck ended up in a channel leading to a U-turn while another was on its side by the road. A large truck was parked on the left side of the road.

The Korean victims were all taken to Prajormklao Hospital.

This was reported by Daily News from a Twitter source. There was no indication of the seriousness of the injuries of the tourists or others who were involved in the accident.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-06

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

The crash occurred in wet weather conditions.

nothing to do with anything, vehicles don't crash because of weather conditions, they crash because the driver is not allowing for and showing no consideration for the conditions, it is 100% his fault

PS - only for social media (twitter) we would have heard nothing about this

It's about time the Government implemented a serious course and driving test for coach drivers, on par with European standards, make it expensive; a serious investment for anyone who wants to be a coach driver, and confiscate licenses when the drivers exhibit dangerous driving behaviour...... ohhh wait, sorry, I just woke up, must've been dreaming again..... it's but a circus run by clowns and chauffeured by gibbons.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

It's about time the Government implemented a serious course and driving test for coach drivers, on par with European standards, make it expensive; a serious investment for anyone who wants to be a coach driver, and confiscate licenses when the drivers exhibit dangerous driving behaviour...... ohhh wait, sorry, I just woke up, must've been dreaming again..... it's but a circus run by clowns and chauffeured by gibbons.

There's all kinds of safety measures that could be implemented: drug-testing of all transport employees, mandatory driver training for transport workers; bringing highways and roads up to international standards; limiting continuous driving hours with enforcement by inspection stations; higher licensing standards for commercial and public transport drivers; better policing; higher fines and penalties to drivers, vehicle owners and employers; speed limiter devices; GPS tracking, etc.

I could go on and on, as all of these have been put to use in the west.  But, let's face it.  This is Thailand, they don't want to be the west, and want to do things their own way.  I guess senseless carnage on the roads will be the Thai way.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

nothing to do with anything, vehicles don't crash because of weather conditions, they crash because the driver is not allowing for and showing no consideration for the conditions, it is 100% his fault

PS - only for social media (twitter) we would have heard nothing about this

That is right. I my home country we got shitty weather 1/2 of time and there are very very accidents with buses and if there are, it's small fender benders.

2 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

There's all kinds of safety measures that could be implemented: drug-testing of all transport employees, mandatory driver training for transport workers; bringing highways and roads up to international standards; limiting continuous driving hours with enforcement by inspection stations; higher licensing standards for commercial and public transport drivers; better policing; higher fines and penalties to drivers, vehicle owners and employers; speed limiter devices; GPS tracking, etc.

I could go on and on, as all of these have been put to use in the west.  But, let's face it.  This is Thailand, they don't want to be the west, and want to do things their own way.  I guess senseless carnage on the roads will be the Thai way.

A friend of mine on the Gold Coast in Australia, drives for the main bus service there.

He dare not have a glass of wine the day before work, as it will show up on the urine tests in the morning.

Considering the prodigious amounts of "whisky" folks here consume, it would be interesting to see how such a test would go in Thailand.

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If they did that there wouldn't be any drivers ,they would need to know the rules of the road and be patient and respectful to other roads user ,no drinking or drugs 

4 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Any day now the word will get

out to all the tourists about how

dangerous traveling is in Thailand.

Tourists will go to safer destinations.

Allowing  this carnage to continue

will eventually kill tourism.

It's happening already. The word has spread fast via word of mouth & social media. In the past Thailand could keep most of this stuff under wraps, not any longer. Tourists being murdered, put into hospital from savage beatings, mangled in traffic accidents. Add to this all the recent tough and unwelcoming immigration policies. 

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Then there wouldn't be any drivers. Solly sir, test too hard, hurt head too mutt thinking.

Seriously, it will take at least a generation to improve Thai driving standards. It needs

1 - Proper driving instruction by qualified teachers, in traffic. That won't happen because those teachers are few and far between and most Thais would have zero interest in paying for lessons.

2 - An awareness of and respect for other road users. That won't happen because with Thais it is always 'Me First'.

3 - An awareness of road conditions and knowledge of how to adapt to them. That won't happen because you can't teach a Thai anything. They know all there is to know already.

4 - Thais need to listen to and heed advice. That won't happen because a Thai will not be told what to do by others.

5 - Have police patrolling the roads and enforcing the law. That won't happen, period.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

what is it - one or two serious bus accidents on a daily basis in Thailand, in the west you'd be pushing hard for one a year

and that is just busses, then we have boating and minivans

has anyone done a tally of the minivan accidents for the past few years? just curious if the info was handy...

This is so wrong, I haven't the words. I keep hoping things will get better, but I know they won't. Thailand could be such a beautiful place, but one look under the cover and it isn't. Never thought I would say it. but getting close to

Archived