Fourteen Korean tourists in hospital as tour bus overturns in Phetchaburi

webfact

'Large truck parked by side of road'...?  Could this truck have been the cause of the accident..? I'm thinking prior to this truck being stationary.. the truck-driver has done the usual 'swing out' manouvre to overtake...no warning whatsoever (as we've all seen so many times)..& the bus driver taking evasive action has ended up in the klong..The story may unfold...?

ps...Speedy recovery to those poor Korean folk.

And the carnage continues!!!

But hey they're only farangs, maim them, kill them send them home in a box... doesn't matter!
More will come to Thailand tomorrow to take their places!!

Inexhaustible commodity, pull the bus out of the ditch, do a shoddy repair ready for the next "patients" !!

Thailand is fast becoming a tourist graveyard!!!!

18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

It's about time the Government implemented a serious course and driving test for coach drivers, on par with European standards, make it expensive; a serious investment for anyone who wants to be a coach driver, and confiscate licenses when the drivers exhibit dangerous driving behaviour...... ohhh wait, sorry, I just woke up, must've been dreaming again..... it's but a circus run by clowns and chauffeured by gibbons.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

While I agree with what you're saying, and the fact that something needs to be done, in reality what you propose would never work in Thailand.

If you train to be a doctor you know it will be expensive to do so, but when you're qualified you will reap the rewards, in essence you will get your money back.
If you pay-out for expensive training to be a coach driver & the company pay you peanuts for your salary then that's not much of an incentive!!
Why do you think all mini-vans & coaches are driven by monkey's? 

A) they like peanuts!!

13 hours ago, Sphere said:

Meanwhile in Petchaboon province....

C1e0StgVQAUoHVm.jpg

Perhaps a bit off topic but that's a very good photograph. I've taken a copy and just cropped out that blurry bit from the bottom, which looks like a finger. A shame because the crop also removes the Chang beer can tossed at the side of the road, which adds another dimension to the image.

Every one of these injuries lies squarely on the shoulders of little P, the transport ministry, the RTP, and the highway patrol. None of them are doing their jobs correctly. None of them are concerned about public or traffic safety. None of them care for the common man or woman here. So much could be done, and so little is being done to insure our safety on the roads here. 

On 06/01/2017 at 1:24 PM, clockman said:

T.A.T. Slogan, come to Thailand, and see pretty nurses real up close!

No You got that a little wrong but very close should be

TAT Slogan

Come to Thailand and die quickly on our fabulous UN-policed killing highways

Archived