Tourist Visa Extension (30 Days)

CMBob

While this isn't helpful to most of us who have longer visas/extensions, your temporary guests may find the info useful. Assisted a friend and he kept me posted as to what occurred for him (Thursday morning, January 5th).   

A.  Documents Needed (one set only):

1.  TM 7 Completed.  In the blank for number of days sought, obviously insert 30.  In the area listing the reasons for the extension, just put "Continuing Vacation."  Sign both the front and back where indicated.  Near your signature on the back, neatly print your telephone number and email address.  And, if you prepare this form ahead of time from the online forms, make sure you print the form on the front and back of one page only.  You also need to paste your photo (4cm x 6cm, medium blue background being preferred…other background colors may be okay) on the back page to the left of the signature line.

2.  Your original passport.

3.  Passport copies:  Photo page, Tourist Visa page, page showing your entry date, and departure card.  Must sign all of these copies. 

4.  Fee of 1,900 baht.  

B.  Procedure at Immigration

1.  Get into the line outside of Immigration in front of the sign saying "Extensions." 

2.  When it's your turn, the interns will check your documents and, presuming they are okay, will give you a queue number. The interns will keep your passport, documents, and the 1900 baht fee and they will provide same to an officer inside.  You go inside and wait somewhere near the Tourist Visa Extension desk (up to you if you have a high number and want to partially wait elsewhere….just don't miss when they call your number).

3.  My friend arrived at Immigration at 9:00AM and received a queue number (37) about 9:27AM. 

4.  At 11:20AM, his number was called and he went up and had his photo taken.

5.  At 11:40AM, he got his passport and receipt back.  It's wise to immediately check your passport to make sure the extension time is correct (if not, promptly raise the issue and they'll fix it).

So, roughly 2 hours, 40 minutes, for him to get it done (your time will vary).  A sign at Immigration indicates that extensions of this kind can be had up to 45 days before the expiration of a Tourist Visa.

• 1 month later...

Hi Friends....

I am from india and i got 3 months single entry tourist visa from india and i am living in ladparao, bangkok from 2 months...but now m living at friends house before i used to live in hotel for 1 month. So, Can i extend my visa for next 30 days from ladparao immigration office without booking hotel and return flight.

thank you everyone in advance for suggesting me options.

We've chatted via private message and your 60-day (not three month) Tourist Visa likely can be extended by another 30 days by paying the fee (1900 baht) and providing the other necessary documents/copies.  I say "likely" as I only have knowledge about Chiangmai Immigration but hopefully it's the same elsewhere (not always!).

There's no need to have any hotel confirmation or flight out information to extend a Tourist Visa (at least not here in Chiangmai).

48 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Also, no need for a TM30 to extend a tourist visa, right?  They're saving this hoop for those seeking year-long extensions, right?

Well, my friend didn't have or need a TM30 filing for his 30-day extension last month.  As to whether that means the rules won't change next week or that another officer sees it differently, god/Buddha only knows.  

As for Immigration requiring a TM30 filing (or proper updating) as a requirement for an annual extension (i.e., whether Promenada Immigration is enforcing the issue as strictly as the old Immigration office did), I'm just not sure but there seem to be enough reports that it's likely required.  

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Also, no need for a TM30 to extend a tourist visa, right?  They're saving this hoop for those seeking year-long extensions, right?

I needed the TM30 for a recent extension of my non 'O' s/e  - 1900b/3-mon......and no proof of funds necessary.

Archived