American tourist falls to his death at Uthai Thani waterfall

rooster59

American tourist falls to his death at Uthai Thani waterfall

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtTrfUxDimS6T7wV1jC0wlkiadQIoX0E2uamEDHX.jpg

Image: Thairath

An American man his died after falling from a waterfall in Uthai Thani province.

Officials say Edward William Jacob, 57, from Chicago, fell after ignoring warning signs about the dangers of climbing rocks at the Cyber Waterfall located in Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary.

Thairath reports Mr Jacob had been on holiday in Thailand with his family after arriving on December 27. The family were due to fly home on January 11.

The man's wife named as Nantana told police that her husband had been climbing the rocks for about 20 minutes before he fell into the water below.

Emergency services searched for several hours on Friday to recover the body of Mr Jacob, who was found to have suffered a severe 12cm wound to his head.

Warning signs displayed in both Thai and English warning of the dangers of climbing are located at the waterfall.

Officials asked for cooperation from both Thai and foreign tourists to strictly abide by the warning signs.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-07

5 hours ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

Clear warning signs

Lights are on nobody home. Do an upstairs cavity check to see if there is a  mechanism there. At 57 common sense should have taken root. So sad you just can not save people from themselves. RIP you've climbed your last mountain. 

RIP.  Sad story told too many times.
I am lucky, I have a wife that reminds me I am getting older so tactfully.  

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't keep.

Good to have a partner to remind you of your limits, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 1/7/2017 at 11:21 AM, Penicillin said:

Not unusual for people to ignore danger to seek thrills.  Google "Huashan mountain" in China. Most would sh*t their pants and have a heart attack, but many "hike" it for the thrill regardless of the risk. 

AWESOME! That's a must do.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:01 PM, trogers said:

One's body is no longer as nimble as before after age 50...

We have to learn to age gracefully, and not revert to teenage fantasies.

i will remember that next time i am surfing or on a wake board.

i will certainly bring it up next time i meet the 68 year old australian guy i saw in the lineup during his annual christmas surf trip

you can desiccate peacefully. 

I am not having it.

It is easy to make a bad decision that can cost you your life AND people will spend more time talking about this mistake than all the good you did COMBINED.....

Before you CONSIDER doing something risky, remember, if you die, we will trash you on TV....

I'm sure in the comments there is some Darwin talk......   this guy could have lived 30 years longer!!!!

but thought he was smarter than the warning signs........ now dead forever!!!!!

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

i will remember that next time i am surfing or on a wake board.

i will certainly bring it up next time i meet the 68 year old australian guy i saw in the lineup during his annual christmas surf trip

you can desiccate peacefully. 

I am not having it.

All it takes is just an incident, ask Andy Lau...

13 minutes ago, trogers said:

All it takes is just an incident, ask Andy Lau...

yes, and the alternative is dying on the sofa. give me an incident any day.

personally i would rather go on my bicycle, surfboard, wake board etc.

Archived