Favorite Place To Cool Down

CMguy

Thanks for the tips .....

But when I got inside my fridge and closed the door to keep in the cold inside the lights went out, and I got scared :o so I searched for a beer to calm my nerves but remembered I had to take the beer out of the fridge for me to fit in it. So I got out of the fridge to get a cold beer but the beer got warm while I was using the fridge to cool off.

There is a public pool near my house( it would be soooooo nice to have my own) but since the kids have been out of school its full of young kids....and I don't think the water is supposed to be yellowish in color :D .

Any more idea's would be welcome.

I bought a big fridge in which I can lie down.  :D

Married? Don't forget that fridge can be closed, and locked.... :D

Never thought about that. :D

I have a big frigde for sale. Anyone interested ?

The ones I've seen were a bit smaller, more wife-sized :o

Drop into the local bank.

Seriously.

They have seats and air-conditioning.

I doubt anyone will have the nerve to ask what you are doing,

if they do, just say I am waiting for a friend, Khun Somchai.

It is the most common Thai name.

Thanks for the bank tip Astral

But the only fun I have in the bank is when I am counting my money...which unfortunately does not take very long.

And thanks for your tip Maerim but unfortunately its only Sanuk in the Supermarket when I am spending my money which also does not take very long to do.

Any more ideas would be welcome

Slightly off topic I know but ever considered walking to one of the poles,north or south during the hot season here.

I would also take a GPS, radios,flares etc. and all the rest of stuff these intrepid nitwits take in case someone has to risk their lives rescuing them when they get fed up with having frostbite.

I can understand this being done at the beginning of the last century in the name of exploration but why now?

You can fly there.

Also unlike people who climb mountains who also have to climb down again after reaching the top you never see these people walk back, now that would be something.

I suppose the klong comes a poor second after looking at a nice clean pool, but there's always a passing vendor flogging something that could make the dip more pleasurable. Then again you could have "selected" klong dipping spots. One day you could cool off adjacent to Sompet market, and just yell out for lunch of fried chicken and such. Then another day you could plan your cooling dip oposite the Chiangmai Ram to be close to medical assistance on account of the toxic water, or what you had contracted the day before from the chicken at Sompet market. The mind boggles :o