British woman, 26, found dead in room on Phuket’s Muay Thai street

rooster59

British woman, 26, found dead in room on Phuket’s Muay Thai street 

1483765661_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers attend to the scene of the incident on Soi Ta-iad. Photo: Ruamjai Rescue Foundation

PHUKET: A 26-year-old British woman was found dead in a room on Soi Ta-iad in Chalong this morning (Jan 7).

Lt Somkiet Sarasit, an inspector from Chalong Police Station, told The Phuket News today “I received information that a British woman had been found dead earlier this morning. Her partner found her dead in the room.

“I am currently dealing with another incident but will deal with this incident as soon as I become available,” he said.

Phuket Ruamjai Rescue Foundation Chief Saiyan Thamaphan added, “We knew about this death at 6am today when we were informed by the people staying in the next room to the couple.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-woman-26-found-dead-in-room-on-phuket-muay-thai-street-60543.php#dHivlhvaB4tXzrWe.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-07

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what do you hang yourself in a hotel room?

You don't need to swing 3 foot off the ground, you only need an anchor point and to lean forward enough to pass out, gravity takes care of the rest
Shoe laces will do the job

1 minute ago, zorro1 said:

You don't need to swing 3 foot off the ground, you only need an anchor point and to lean forward enough to pass out, gravity takes care of the rest

I don't see it.  Let's assume your feet need to be just 3 inches off the ground and a bed sheet is available which you twist into a makeshift rope.  So, now what do you do?  The living room I am in now has one door which is probably 8 feet in height, but where do I attach my sheet-rope and how?  I suppose I could knot up one end of the sheet-rope into a large ball and lay the sheet-rope over the top of the door with the ball on the outside and then close the door.  Now, if I make a noose on my side of the door that is sufficiently high off the floor, allowing for stretching, and then stand on a chair, it might be possible.

Seems like a lot of ingenuity involved.  Nevertheless, she must have achieved it somehow.

I don't see it.  Let's assume your feet need to be just 3 inches off the ground and a bed sheet is available which you twist into a makeshift rope.  So, now what do you do?  The living room I am in now has one door which is probably 8 feet in height, but where do I attach my sheet-rope and how?  I suppose I could knot up one end of the sheet-rope into a large ball and lay the sheet-rope over the top of the door with the ball on the outside and then close the door.  Now, if I make a noose on my side of the door that is sufficiently high off the floor, allowing for stretching, and then stand on a chair, it might be possible.

Seems like a lot of ingenuity involved.  Nevertheless, she must have achieved it somehow.

You can hang yourself sitting down. Do a search on live leak if you want to see it in your PC but it's pretty sad to watch

9 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

Do u all on here hav to argue bout how she hanged herself.

The poor woman is only 26yrs old. And her family might be reading this forum so hav some respect.

R.I.P

Entirely plausible. My condolences to her family. She won't be the last one to kill herself over a man. Her boyfriend most likely went out with some hot Thai chick and left her alone in a hotel room. He got a real surprise when he returned.

Just now, JustNo said:

You can use the sheets and hang yourself from a door or whatever being slumped with your back against it. They do that in prisons 

That implies that the dying person can resist the impulse to save himself merely by standing up.  Can an ordinary person exhibit such self-control?  We are not talking about samurai here.

Amazing that the focus of this thread is about the practicality of hanging yourself in a hotel room.  Maybe indicates how matter of fact death in Thailand has become.  I suggest that this will probably get reported in the UK and that they may have more idea of what caused this tragedy.  Expecting actual facts in Thailand is just p*ssing in the wind.

1 hour ago, sheldoncollier said:

It doesn't have to be higher than oneself. People do hang themselves from doorknobs.

The point being that they are hanging below the doorknob and not above it. I don't think the guy meant that you had to be taller than the apparatus you use to hang yourself with, just that it has to be above your head and neckline when in use.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Would it not be possible to delegate somebody else to look into the matter, until your valuable time comes free ?

Sorry to say this but once again no money on the table.I have lived in Chalong and twice (with daughter and girlfriend) experienced the Chalong Police Station degree of assistance. Both times were non existent. They would be best to get the big boys down from Bangkok.

36 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Amazing that the focus of this thread is about the practicality of hanging yourself in a hotel room.  Maybe indicates how matter of fact death in Thailand has become.  I suggest that this will probably get reported in the UK and that they may have more idea of what caused this tragedy.  Expecting actual facts in Thailand is just p*ssing in the wind.

Discussion threads tend to evolve, with one question leading to another ... and then two protagonists argue for days over a point that is barely connected to the topic.  

55 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

"I am currently dealing with another incident but will deal with this incident as soon as I become available "

unbelievable 

Why do you find that to be "Unbelievable" ?

There are numerous suicides on a daily basis , as well as murders, accidents and numerous other crimes , do you expect him to drop whatever he is doing and try to attend to everything that happens ?

It also probably isnt his job to attend to unsuspicious suicides

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why do you find that to be "Unbelievable" ?

There are numerous suicides on a daily basis , as well as murders, accidents and numerous other crimes , do you expect him to drop whatever he is doing and try to attend to everything that happens ?

It also probably isnt his job to attend to unsuspicious suicides

I think that quote from the copper has been taken out of context ... senior officers delegate to others ... and get involved once the details of a case emerge. I never interpreted it as him saying that they would leave the body in the morgue and do nothing until he's finished other work. There will be officers looking into the case from the get go as this is a publicised foreign death.

Archived