British woman, 26, found dead in room on Phuket’s Muay Thai street

rooster59

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I think that quote from the copper has been taken out of context ... senior officers delegate to others ... and get involved once the details of a case emerge. I never interpreted it as him saying that they would leave the body in the morgue and do nothing until he's finished other work. There will be officers looking into the case from the get go as this is a publicised foreign death.

Yes , the report even said that Captain Sarasit was dealng with the case and that he had interviewed the BF and that he will be investigating further 

1 hour ago, CaptHaddock said:

That implies that the dying person can resist the impulse to save himself merely by standing up.  Can an ordinary person exhibit such self-control?  We are not talking about samurai here.

If done properly the arteries in the neck are constricted and blood to the brain is cut off very quickly; you lose consciousness in a very short time.  The suffocation takes longer but you are not conscious.

“I am currently dealing with another incident but will deal with this incident as soon as I become available,” he said." Huh? AKA - I am irreplaceable! Full of his own importance? :whistling:

RIP lady (whatever the circumstances).

Entirely plausible. My condolences to her family. She won't be the last one to kill herself over a man. Her boyfriend most likely went out with some hot Thai chick and left her alone in a hotel room. He got a real surprise when he returned.

I'm sure the family will be very grateful for your condolences, and your brilliant detective work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

How do you know that he didnt ?

The reporter asked him about the case and he said that he ws busy with another case at the moment .

Do you expect him to drop everything that hes hes doing and rush to investigate a probable suicide ?

He is a Police inspector, its probably someone elses job to check suicides out for any foul play 

Loving your thainess.....how many amulets do you wear?

I don't see it.  Let's assume your feet need to be just 3 inches off the ground and a bed sheet is available which you twist into a makeshift rope.  So, now what do you do?  The living room I am in now has one door which is probably 8 feet in height, but where do I attach my sheet-rope and how?  I suppose I could knot up one end of the sheet-rope into a large ball and lay the sheet-rope over the top of the door with the ball on the outside and then close the door.  Now, if I make a noose on my side of the door that is sufficiently high off the floor, allowing for stretching, and then stand on a chair, it might be possible.

Seems like a lot of ingenuity involved.  Nevertheless, she must have achieved it somehow.

In Monty Python & the Holy Grail , two African swallows managed to carry a coconut to England on a line suspended between them. Maybe thats how . What the hell is wrong with you? This isn't a suitable platform for a workshop on sustainable suicide practices.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

47 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Loving your thainess.....how many amulets do you wear?

In what way was my reply "Thainess" ?

What do "lucky amulets" have to do with it ?

If anything, its you who is being "Felangness"

Felangness is the same Thainess, but just at the opposite end of the spectrum

I don't normally comment on posts or latest news although an active reader of the site, firstly r.i.p to the young lady who for whatever reason as left this plaine, . My first travels to thailand was way back in 1998 somewhat 19 years ago and still we hear about the deaths of young people dying, for a buddist country they certainly is a lot of deaths which are passed off a suicide and the police showing a lack of great concern in solving these cases, so in the last week they are 3 brits who have committed suicide by hanging themselves,  I find this rate alarming , the couple last week we're bound, thailand is like the devils play ground, England homes many religions and yet we do not hear of such stories yet in a buddist country were it is portrayed as peace etc, we hear such acts, when will thailand wake up? When will tourists wake up? This is one dangerous country , dangerous then most the middle east , I say this as at least with the middle east you are aware of the dangers, we're as in thailand the dangers are masked with beauty 

I am losing the effection I have for this country as concerns regarding safety and cover ups continue to get more bizarre year on year, but yet the tourists flock, balcony jumping is now old news and looks like hanging is the new craze 

Stay safe people , best wishes and thoughts 

3 minutes ago, namoi said:

whatever the reason of the argument, the boyfriend has to live with that image for the rest of his life, hope he is strong enough to carry the guilt that he must feel

rip young lady

Couples have arguments all the time ... most get over it, and are as close as ever, until the next fight. If the lady killed herself as reported and the boyfriend had no involvement then he's hardly at fault ... the decision was the girl's and the responsibility lies with her, not with him. It will undoubtedly haunt him, but he shouldn't feel guilty about it.

14 minutes ago, namoi said:

whatever the reason of the argument, the boyfriend has to live with that image for the rest of his life, hope he is strong enough to carry the guilt that he must feel

rip young lady

Couldn't agree more, terrible to even consider the burden of such circumstances,  hate to think what is going through his mind at the moment, thailand is definitely not the place to go on holiday with your girlfriend / wife, it's a country of temptation,  I hope he receives compassion and the support he will need right now, as the guilt will be massive and the mind is a unforgiving place 

You are right in what you say Alex,  but the thing is he will feel guilty that's how the mind works, it thrives on situations and throws up many questions over and over, it's a sad situation, 

28 minutes ago, stephens1 said:

Couldn't agree more, terrible to even consider the burden of such circumstances,  hate to think what is going through his mind at the moment, thailand is definitely not the place to go on holiday with your girlfriend / wife, it's a country of temptation,  I hope he receives compassion and the support he will need right now, as the guilt will be massive and the mind is a unforgiving place 

You are right in what you say Alex,  but the thing is he will feel guilty that's how the mind works, it thrives on situations and throws up many questions over and over, it's a sad situation, 

Unless of course, bearing in mind the location and other circumstantial information, the argument started when she renaged  on the previously agreed threesome.

i should be shot for that and I do offer my sincerest condolences may she RIP. 

1 hour ago, stephens1 said:

Wow... really?

i first came to Thailand with my wife... then later relocated here with her... not everybody reverts to their basest instincts, just because they visit exotic Thailand.

take yourself outside and give yourself a good slapping, son

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

Unless of course, bearing in mind the location and other circumstantial information, the argument started when she renaged  on the previously agreed threesome.

i should be shot for that and I do offer my sincerest condolences may she RIP. 

That's a bit of a stretch ... don't judge people by your own standards ... :cheesy:

3 things I have never done and would not be able to do without some training or first looking it up for instructions: ride a horse, use a gun and hang myself.

To hang yourself the person would have had to look this up for instructions because I don`t believe it`s as straight forward as some people believe. If this case is a genuine suicide the girl must have got instructions, probably online,  which means this was probably not a spur of the moment action but probably had planned this for some time. Strange that in many of these cases the partner is always conveniently out somewhere and just happens to discover the body later when they arrive back. 

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

Wow... really?

i first came to Thailand with my wife... then later relocated here with her... not everybody reverts to their basest instincts, just because they visit exotic Thailand.

take yourself outside and give yourself a good slapping, son

Wow? Does it surprise you the country is a temptation,  I never once said everyone would revert to temptation,  what is fact mate regardless if you agree or not a skin full of drink and claddly dressed women are a temptation to a high percentage to red blooded males, my post was not written to create a pointless argument,  it was my thoughts on taking your partner to a country that could throw up temptations and possible problems as I have witnessed bar girls coming onto couples, by the sound of things and your pointless response,  I guess your misses allows you to post as long as she can moderate your account,  as to be fair , your input makes no sense , not even a rip to the poor girl the topic is about, straight on an attack on a point that was not aimed at you or everybody, just my personal thoughts on the temptations of exotic Thailand as you put it, I will not swoop to your levels and return the attack on you, as obviously can not win against someone who does not read posts or points as they are meant, if anyone needs to be taken outside look in the mirror mate.

Archived