British woman, 26, found dead in room on Phuket’s Muay Thai street

rooster59

22 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

I don't see it.  Let's assume your feet need to be just 3 inches off the ground and a bed sheet is available which you twist into a makeshift rope.  So, now what do you do?  The living room I am in now has one door which is probably 8 feet in height, but where do I attach my sheet-rope and how?  I suppose I could knot up one end of the sheet-rope into a large ball and lay the sheet-rope over the top of the door with the ball on the outside and then close the door.  Now, if I make a noose on my side of the door that is sufficiently high off the floor, allowing for stretching, and then stand on a chair, it might be possible.

Seems like a lot of ingenuity involved.  Nevertheless, she must have achieved it somehow.

michael Hutchence from Inxs hanged himself from a door handle, andDavid Carradine inside a wardrobe

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, akirasan said:

My mate hung himself kneeling on the ground.  I can assure you that it can be done.

You surely can! ...as it can even be done from under the ground, just make your way to the basement or find a well which suit your size, that's why you have always to be wary of people asking you an apparent innocent question as "Are you feeling WELL today?"

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:
23 hours ago, tropo said:

A ladyboy tried hanging herself from a ceiling fan in the room above mine - lucky for her the fan broke off from the ceiling.

I would expect she would have

to pay for a new fan ?

Nope, it works on the reverse, exactly as on this type of match, as it's always the fan of ladyboys which pay for them, not the ladyboy that pays for the fan.... 

On 1/7/2017 at 3:30 PM, CaptHaddock said:

I don't see it.  Let's assume your feet need to be just 3 inches off the ground and a bed sheet is available which you twist into a makeshift rope.  So, now what do you do?  The living room I am in now has one door which is probably 8 feet in height, but where do I attach my sheet-rope and how?  I suppose I could knot up one end of the sheet-rope into a large ball and lay the sheet-rope over the top of the door with the ball on the outside and then close the door.  Now, if I make a noose on my side of the door that is sufficiently high off the floor, allowing for stretching, and then stand on a chair, it might be possible.

Seems like a lot of ingenuity involved.  Nevertheless, she must have achieved it somehow.

You can hang yourself from any height, even something only tied 18" from the floor, you just need to lay down and push your head down until you pass out.

21 hours ago, AlexRich said:

That's a bit of a stretch ... don't judge people by your own standards ... :cheesy:

Actually not my standards by a long way but based on my observations on how a disproportionate number of Brit expats seem to shed any vestige they may have of social etiquette and general understanding of what is and is not considered as acceptable behaviour the minute they step out of the UK. You seem to support that generalisation well by your immediate judgement of what you think my moral standards are when you have not even met me.

pathetic. 

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Another Police officer was investigating the suicide . The reporter should have spoken to the officer who was dealing with the case .

The officer dealing with the case was probably too busy investigating to deal with the media though .

Or do you expect the whole Police force to drop everything that they are doing and all rush to the scene ?

Just think about that : The whole Police force rushing from crime scene to crime scene , when they attend this suicide, when theres another suicide a few hours later, they drop this case and all rush to that new case .

You are making the mistake of just reading the mews report and think that that is all thats happening regarding the suicide .

I am not dealing with "Thai stupidity" here , I am directly dealing with some TV posters stupidity

I can imagine the B IB rushing off where high bribes are being paid, they are a total

y corrupt criminal organization.

2 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Actually not my standards by a long way but based on my observations on how a disproportionate number of Brit expats seem to shed any vestige they may have of social etiquette and general understanding of what is and is not considered as acceptable behaviour the minute they step out of the UK. You seem to support that generalisation well by your immediate judgement of what you think my moral standards are when you have not even met me.

pathetic. 

No my friend, what's "pathetic" is your oversensitive reaction to what was clearly a very gentle leg-pull. 

The idea that the couple had a row because she reneged on a promise to join in a threesome is quite frankly preposterous, and only worthy of ridicule. Of all the things that a couple could argue about, you come up with that one? I don't know you, but how your mind works is a window into your world.

2 hours ago, ableguy said:

I can imagine the B IB rushing off where high bribes are being paid, they are a total

y corrupt criminal organization.

I agree that there  is a degree of corruption within the RTP , although I disagree with the RTP being a "totally corrupt criminal organisation"

To earlier poster, Phillippines is about 5 times more dangerous than Thailand . Just read the local news . And check the statistics. 

Anyway suicides happens everywhere. RIP.

23 hours ago, sanemax said:

Another Police officer was investigating the suicide . The reporter should have spoken to the officer who was dealing with the case .

The officer dealing with the case was probably too busy investigating to deal with the media though .

Or do you expect the whole Police force to drop everything that they are doing and all rush to the scene ?

Just think about that : The whole Police force rushing from crime scene to crime scene , when they attend this suicide, when theres another suicide a few hours later, they drop this case and all rush to that new case .

You are making the mistake of just reading the mews report and think that that is all thats happening regarding the suicide .

I am not dealing with "Thai stupidity" here , I am directly dealing with some TV posters stupidity

haha then why didn't he say that?  not "I'm too busy"  why not "it's not my case"  you apply, as usual, different standards as there would be outcry in the West if a Policeman said "I'm too busy"

23 hours ago, sanemax said:

LOL, I am not raging and I am not a "Thai apologist" , I just try to take a balanced view of situations , rather than just try to bash Thailand at every available opportunity , and if theres no available opportunity, then trying to find one .

You need to try to integrate into Thailand a bit more , try to be a person living in Thailand, rather then just being a foreigner , an outsider, looking in and comparing everything to the perfect USA World .

You need to realise that reporting from newspapers isnt up to a high standard and then theres also the translations .

This case in question seems to be a straight forward suicide , even so, the Police are investigating to make sure there are no suspicious circumstances and all that you can do is too focus on one sentence that a Police officer said , an officer who wasnt investigating, and compare that to what a US Police officer would have said!!!!

Although you have physically moved to Thailand , you now need to mentally leave the USA  .

I'm not the only one who thinks this and I quoted thus... and I am NOT from the USA so ANOTHER assumption from you. It has not been investigated and in developed nations NO Police Force would make a definitive view, as you have, without a Coroner's Report. Get off your high horse and see things for what they are.

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

I agree that there  is a degree of corruption within the RTP , although I disagree with the RTP being a "totally corrupt criminal organisation"

ah you have investigated?  have a source?  some 'inside knowledge'?  or are you making it up again? 

14 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

pathetic. 

And how many U.K. expats are you acquainted with? Because generalisations do seem to be your stock in trade.

Although you have physically moved to Thailand , you now need to mentally leave the USA " said SaneMax

i seldom read the coments of a thread on this site, because there are so many posters who havn't mentally left their home country. not that i don't notice the differences, but this is thailand, (or cambodia, or vietnam, or india or...)  and the people who live here LIVE here.  i try to do the same.  hard sometimes, but i am HERE.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

ah you have investigated?  have a source?  some 'inside knowledge'?  or are you making it up again? 

Well , that is my opinion, am opinion gained from experience .

BTW, in you last sentence, are you accusing me of lying now or at any previous time ?

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

. It has not been investigated and in developed nations NO Police Force would make a definitive view, as you have, without a Coroner's Report. Get off your high horse and see things for what they are.

Her body had just been found a few hours previously and the Policemen said that he personally was dealing with another case at that particular moment, so he didnt know details of the suicide that the reporter asked him about , there was another Policeman dealing with the suicide 

Those are facts that you refuse to beleive

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Her body had just been found a few hours previously and the Policemen said that he personally was dealing with another case at that particular moment, so he didnt know details of the suicide that the reporter asked him about , there was another Policeman dealing with the suicide 

Those are facts that you refuse to beleive

You're making it up again the report does NOT say "there was another Policeman dealing with the suicide" 

Archived