Golf Channel HD Reception

SirPaul

I think the golf channel is great. Sophon now provide me with the Golf Channel in HD. The problem is, I am still watching the standard Golf Channel as the Golf HD channel picture tends to collapse a lot. :sleepy:

I fell this is due to poor reception of the digital picture. Many of the other HD channels are just fine.

In the UK I cured such a problem by buying a booster.

I am wondering if anyone know how I can cure the problem in Pattaya? I would like the Golf HD channel to work as well as the other HD channels.

When I speak with Thai people about this problem I get the answer, you have HD?:smile::sleepy:

Not sure where to go or who to really speak with.

11 hours ago, dannywla said:

Best  to call Sophon for the answer.  Possibly a Thai friend can get the issue sorted.  

On 1/10/2017 at 11:53 PM, SirPaul said:

Obvously not a lot of golf lovers on this forum!:smile:

I know a few expats in Thailand that used to tell their wife's that they going on a golfing holiday in Pattaya with their buddies.

But in reality they were doing something else:whistling::partytime2::drunk:+more.

Their wife's have now given them two options; I go too or you don't go, he-he. 

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I know a few expats in Thailand that used to tell their wife's that they going on a golfing holiday in Pattaya with their buddies.

But in reality they were doing something else:whistling::partytime2::drunk:+more.

Their wife's have now given them two options; I go too or you don't go, he-he. 

There are some really good golf courses around Pattaya, and the game is very popular, even though it does have to compete with other forms of entertainment.

I am surprised at the limited response on the subject, but I am putting it down to everyone enjoying the golf channel, and the HD broadcast is therefore not required.

3 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

If you prefer you could ask any online moderator to move your topic to the Golf Forum.

It may get more responses there.

Sounds good, how do you do that? There are no obvious links to online moderators.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, SirPaul said:

Obvously not a lot of golf lovers on this forum!:smile:

I got one of the free Sophon HD boxes when they were giving them out some time last year or even end of 2015. Tried it out a couple of times but in the end disconnected it and put it in storage. One of the main reasons was the golf channel and a couple of others were blurry and with the duplicated channels I could not be bothered. With the state of my eyesight it would be a bonus so a shame :sad:

I had one of those boxes, did not ask for it and found it to be totally usesless unless you wanted to sign up and spend even more money on watching TV - never did.

The way things are now with Sophon, you just plug your ariel lead into the back of the TV, re-tune your TV and along with the usual analogue stations you will get a list of HD channels;  you get the golf chanel on the analogue, and you get it on the HD. The problem is that although many of the HD channels work just fine, the golf channel is one of the few channels that suffers from week reception and therefore becomes unwatchable as the picture collapses every so often. This is a shame as the golf channel in HD is truly brilliant and if Sophon got this right I feel it would be a great showcase for them enabling them to sell their product to a larger market.