Cheating in police exams: Chief leaves way open for results to be void

webfact

19 minutes ago, thai3 said:

My SIL took this exam a few years ago. She did not report any cheating, but it was made clear if you wanted to take the easy route the pass mark was 400k baht, she failed!

If she reported that she was offered to pay to pass then she reported cheating. didn't she?

52 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Easy fix.  Have every single police officer in the country re-sit the exams, under careful watchful eye (honest members of the public) - .  If they fail they are out, regardless of rank or position.  The government needs to start getting tough with people in positions.  

That would render 17% of all civil servants jobless.....about 230,000 people......

Just very nice to know that we have a very educated and professional force that do everything right and the we really can put our trust in. Or maybe.... oppps! I might be wrong. Sorry guys.

They sholud just all be dismissed, and the people that run the tests should be degraded or loose their jobs. That´s the only reasonable thing to do, and it might actually work and teach people that it should be done after the rules. No, no, no! I forgot again. Follow rules??? rules......follow?? Is that like the game with John?

I actually read up on the Royal Thai Police force on Wiki, some quiet interesting facts:

1. Tourist Police are not actually police, they are uniformed personnel without any police powers whatsoever.

2. All Police undergo the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School (AFAPS), which is quiet tough, academically and physically demanding, for example they run 5 km every morning and 10 km every afternoon. out of 70,000 annual applicants to that school, only about 600 are accepted in every year, the drop out rate is high.

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

My SIL took this exam a few years ago. She did not report any cheating, but it was made clear if you wanted to take the easy route the pass mark was 400k baht, she failed!

400,000 baht. WOW did they have a layaway plan where you could make payments for 99 years. 

...previously it was......nurses.....and teachers......

...makes one wonder why stringencies are applied against certain individuals with degrees.....

...i.e......associates degrees and teaching....???

...especially in light of previous reports of rampant fake degrees from around southeast Asia circulating....

...case by case.....experience...personal performance.....count for nothing...???

...many 'great' people.....'underqualified'.... have made contributions to society throughout history.....

400 individuals have cheated in the exam, 400 individuals have to retake the exam and the same corrupt 400 will become 400 corrupt police officers. Its a perpetual cycle for this corrupt system for corruption is already in their mentality right from the start!

12 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

Come on, how hard can in be to be a Kindergarten Cop?? Here's a sneaky peek at the first paper :smile:

Image result for kindergarten test

They all get those right but the tuff one is-    Is it ok to take money for a crime and not write it up, then keep the money for yourself?   Thats the answer they have to pay to get.

19 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Why just pick on police exams when the whole education system is based around cheating and bribing.

You are so right. I used to plead and I mean really plead with my english students to not cheat with the written exams and it didn't matter what system or technique I used about 70% to 80% couldn't help themselves. It was a bit of a joke as they would all be caught out with the, one on one, oral exam. Such a sad way to be. One of Thailand's minor downfalls. All about face.

I am not so worried about the police , as long as they behave .

I am more worried about all the drivers on the roads who never passed their driving exam , the drivers who paid 2000 baht to get a license. License to kill I guess. 

Archived